william.penfield
    william.penfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Heritage vs. Bookmaker

I figured I'd pick your guys' mind. I am currently at Heritage and it is just okay. Would switching to Bookmaker be a good move? Looking to load up for NFL and NCAA FB.

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never had a problem with Heritage. All kinds of problems at Bookmaker, from their website being down at peak times, high wait times to get to a phone rep, poor customer service, and the most ridiculous high cost of juice anywhere. Most decent book offer a dime line on MLB. Heritage offers an 8 cent line, while Bookmaker rapes its customers with their 20 cent cost of juice. 20 cent line, which is at least twice as much juice than virtually any other decent book. Why use Bookmaker ever, unless you like poor unreliable service, and having to risk double the juice for the same exact wager that you can place at so many other better books? Use Bookmaker at your own peril.

Bandito97
    Bandito97's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3646

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    Never had a problem with Heritage. All kinds of problems at Bookmaker, from their website being down at peak times, high wait times to get to a phone rep, poor customer service, and the most ridiculous high cost of juice anywhere. Most decent book offer a dime line on MLB. Heritage offers an 8 cent line, while Bookmaker rapes its customers with their 20 cent cost of juice. 20 cent line, which is at least twice as much juice than virtually any other decent book. Why use Bookmaker ever, unless you like poor unreliable service, and having to risk double the juice for the same exact wager that you can place at so many other better books? Use Bookmaker at your own peril.
    BM is a solid book, has excellent customer service and site is hardly ever down. Stop blowing smoke up people's asses.

4seasons

It's been a couple of years since I had an account with BM, and so whatever their condition is now, is not my concern. When you get treated poorly like they treated me, at that time, closed my account and not only never looked back ... never missed 'em.

Specifically during Sunday peak 1 PM NFL games, use to have all kinds of issues trying to login to my account with BM. They use to advertise that you get rebates on ALL horsetrack wagers, until they decided to exclude the tracks I was using. They then did modify the ad to mention the excluded tracks, which I was all over them about.

Bandit didn't respond to the high juice cost at BM, so I'll presume that's conceded. Which is, forget everything else, why needlessly risk more juice for the same exact action? Or, why win back less on the dogs you play? 20 cent MLB lines? That is not a "solid book" in my book. Maybe paying double the juice is "solid" for you, but I am not one who likes to bend over, grab my ankles, and spread my cheeks.

Ultimately, it was BM's customer service that was the final straw. We're all human. We all make mistakes. So much can always be forgiven, but if you treat me as if my doing business with you is foolish, well then adios! Plus, if I understand correctly now, they do not pay P2P deposit fees on $50, or $100, or $250, etc., and they do not offer free monthly payouts!! So thanks BM, but no thanks.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14062

stick with heritage-withdrawals way too much at bookmaker. and the lines are better at heritage.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The only major advantage Bookmaker has over Heritage is its humongous limits. But if you bet 1K or less per game, Heritage is better in just about every other way, save for the occasion where you can sometimes get a half-run better on MLB Totals at BM.

4seasons

Compare this 8 cent juice schedule to BM's 20 cent juice, and you'll clearly see one concrete reason why there's no need to have an account with BM unless you like getting raped ...

Heritage Sports 8 Cent Progressive Line

<CENTER>
    Favorite Underdog
    -104 -104
    -108 +100
    -116 +107
    -133 +123
    -151 +140
    -161 +149
    -171 +158
    -181 +167
    -191 +176
    -201 +181
    -221 +196
    -251 +221
    -286 +246
    -326 +276
    </CENTER>

Now go see for yourself what BM's incredibly greedy MLB lines look like compared to a "solid" Book and you'll

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Both top notch books that pay however Heritage gives you better value.

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

if you want to deposit at bookmaker/dsi id wait a few weeks and grab the 100% bonus that will be coming out for football season every year.

high rollover but from a book like them u cant beat it

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14876

Both are worth having in your arsenal

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

If you wanna get raped making a withdrawal then play at BM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Baseball definitely Heritage

The rest I would say either

Bookmaker has higher limits

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by cockblocker View Post
    If you wanna get raped making a withdrawal then play at BM.
    along with shit service and bad lines...screw them but heritage isnt getting any better either to be honest.

Nodolan
    Nodolan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Bookmaker is a total scam. All kinds of fees and delays cashing out. Reps lied to me saying I can cashout to **** and then saying they don't cash out to ****, then saying to use Netteller then saying can't use Netteller. Wanting to verify my account, fax only documents no email. Must call them directly to verify, online reps saying its not their department. Putting my cashout on hold until I give them feedback on their site and then wanting to verify my email address again. Four months and still cannot get my funds.

Yeah, go with Bookmaker if you want to get raped.

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

both of these books are pretty bad. bookmaker has high limits and they will pay but will rape you with payout fees

heritage poor customer service and they deal dual lines which is lowlife behaviour

betonline
    5dimes
    topbet
    youwager

orangeman51
    orangeman51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

If you want to get paid, stay with Heritage.

If you don't, go with Bookmaker or DSI. Or save yourself the deposit fees and just flush your money down the toilet.

goombah
    goombah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3161

I dont see what the problem is with having both in your toolbox.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

99% of sbr dont even need bookmaker...BM is for pro bettors with bankrolls...not for crybabies crying about cashout fees...that's call Cost of doing business
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bobbywaves, and sbrhedge

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

For bases, Heritage ML limits are actually higher: 10k, opposed to Bookmaker's 5k.

SharpsMoney
    SharpsMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Bookmaker is a good book, however their baseball line will eat you alive. Just cashed out over $30K last two months with Heritage. Payout is fast. I don't think Heritage is accepting any new clients at this time. Avoid 5dimes if you are betting $1000+ a game. They suck. 5Dimes is designed for small players only. If you are a big better, I think BM is the best choice for you right now until Heritage opens for new client again. gl
    Last edited by SharpsMoney; 08-12-13 at 06:46 PM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

I'm going with heritage this year...BM bled me with withdrawal fees last year, not to mention sh!tty lines

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

My 5 outs are: Bookmaker, DSI, Heritage, 5Dimes, 18th Hole. The best line dictates where I play.