adri
    adri's Avatar Become A Pro!

marathonbet limits

I was heavily limited by marathonbet. just 1 or 2 euros and this happened the day after I lost 300 euros with them. 2 friends of mine were also limited. What is hapenning is a new policy, or they are they are limiting bettors on country bases? Is there any other beeing limited there?
    Thank You

nasdaq
    nasdaq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2735

Its common practice there.
    Lost $2000 and got limited

onliner*ru
    onliner*ru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1198

They cut limits very quickly.
    Sometimes after first bet.
    Especially if you are a strong bettor

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

wow, im ready to register now...

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Great odds, big delay... The limits are keeping them safe from arbers.

armanjan
    armanjan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

from Europe who is playing? also stopped the limits?

joey1963
    joey1963's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1971

I'm limited to £1 on most sports now, so beware if you put on large bets cos chances are you'll get limited pretty quickly

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

You do hear a lot of limit complaints about them. On the other hand, I've not been limited there, and I'm limited/banned pretty much everywhere else except pinny/sbo (I have accounts at about 200 books over the years).

Maybe that's just coincidence, and I haven't triggered whatever automatic limiting method they have yet. Or perhaps it's because I don't arb, I only play one sport, and don't limit bet (lots of smaller bets).
    Last edited by HeeeHAWWWW; 05-07-13 at 06:03 PM.

hunter111
    hunter111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    You do hear a lot of limit complaints about them. On the other hand, I've not been limited there, and I'm limited/banned pretty much everywhere else except pinny/sbo (I have accounts at about 200 books over the years).
    What`s wrong with you, if you are limited at Pinny and Sbobet
    Rather sooner than later, you will be limited at Marathonbet like all. Don`t believe they will forget you

dimejack
    dimejack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Does it mean that SBO dont limit so easily? What if I open an account at SBO through an agent? Is my agent responsible for that?

hunter111

Quote Originally Posted by dimejack View Post
    Does it mean that SBO dont limit so easily? What if I open an account at SBO through an agent? Is my agent responsible for that?
    If u open an account through an Agent, u wont get limited. Btw, u can open "100drets" accounts through an agent at sbobet.

milospinkfloyd
    milospinkfloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I am playing from europe (serbia) and also I got very quick limited on few euros, and got very dissapointed about that fact. I called them to complain about that and they told me that they will contact me for 7 days...Marathon is very important for arbers so I have to find a vay to avoid limits. I havent played that great stakes, about 200-300 euros, but got limited very soon.

PS what means "open an account through an Agent"?

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter111 View Post

If u open an account through an Agent, u wont get limited. Btw, u can open "100drets" accounts through an agent at sbobet.
    Why should he? How many people have you heard about getting limited at SBO not playing through an agent?

Quote Originally Posted by milospinkfloyd View Post
    I am playing from europe (serbia) and also I got very quick limited on few euros, and got very dissapointed about that fact. I called them to complain about that and they told me that they will contact me for 7 days...Marathon is very important for arbers so I have to find a vay to avoid limits. I havent played that great stakes, about 200-300 euros, but got limited very soon.

PS what means "open an account through an Agent"?
    You are exactly the customer they want out with their limiting.

milospinkfloyd

Quote Originally Posted by benandjerry View Post
    You are exactly the customer they want out with their limiting.
    So I will withdaw all money and quit matarhon party. Sry to ask again but, what does mean play through an agent? Is that possible only on SBO or also on other bookies?

hunter111

Why should he? How many people have you heard about getting limited at SBO not playing through an agent?.
    how many people have you heard, that they got limited, if they use an agent?
    i haven heard anything. And if yes, u can open a new acccount. what`s the problem...

benandjerry

So I will withdaw all money and quit matarhon party. Sry to ask again but, what does mean play through an agent? Is that possible only on SBO or also on other bookies?
    An agent is like a middle man that your action goes through. Reasons for using an agent would be cirumventing limits and getting access to some places that are invite only. Keep in mind you'd have to trust the agent with your $ as well. There are agents for other places too, but you wont find some public arb heaven allowing you to get down unlimited amounts at marathon, bwin or similar.

Just for your information, since your aim seems to be arbing, and you were somewhat disappointed with being limited at marathon for doing so. Expect to get the same treatment at just about every book, save just a few... They simply dont enjoy being freerolled, and who would.

benandjerry

how many people have you heard, that they got limited, if they use an agent?
    i haven heard anything. And if yes, u can open a new acccount. what`s the problem...
    The problem is you suggested opening an account through an agent at a book that is not known to limit their customers in the first place. There is little reason to do so unless you're restricted by your location or something like that wouldnt you agree? Its just an extra middle hand with potential extra fees, hassle, and risk involved.

hunter111

I would never suggest to open an account by an agent, if you can normally register by a Bookie (Sbobet, Pinny) < maybe i have expressed myselfe a little bit wrong.
    Agent`s are only for guys, who are restricted by their location and/or the get access to Books like IBCbet.

milospinkfloyd

An agent is like a middle man that your action goes through. Reasons for using an agent would be cirumventing limits and getting access to some places that are invite only. Keep in mind you'd have to trust the agent with your $ as well. There are agents for other places too, but you wont find some public arb heaven allowing you to get down unlimited amounts at marathon, bwin or similar.

Just for your information, since your aim seems to be arbing, and you were somewhat disappointed with being limited at marathon for doing so. Expect to get the same treatment at just about every book, save just a few... They simply dont enjoy being freerolled, and who would.
    thanks for your detailed explanation, i sure heard of "middle man that your action goes through" but I just didnt know that those are called agens. As the point of arbing I dont have much experience but I expect not to be limited only by bet365, SBO, pinny and betfair, betdaq and smarkets.

benandjerry

I would never suggest to open an account by an agent, if you can normally register by a Bookie (Sbobet, Pinny) < maybe i have expressed myselfe a little bit wrong.
    Agent`s are only for guys, who are restricted by their location and/or the get access to Books like IBCbet.
    Sorry, my bad, just a misunderstanding.

thanks for your detailed explanation, i sure heard of "middle man that your action goes through" but I just didnt know that those are called agens. As the point of arbing I dont have much experience but I expect not to be limited only by bet365, SBO, pinny and betfair, betdaq and smarkets.
    bet365 will limit you quickly, the rest should be ok with the exception of maybe smarkets, there was a guy on here that got kicked out for winning which is baffeling considering they market themselves as an exchange.

milospinkfloyd

bet365 will limit you quickly, the rest should be ok with the exception of maybe smarkets, there was a guy on here that got kicked out for winning which is baffeling considering they market themselves as an exchange.
    is there any other bookes beside those that are useful in arbs and do not limit quickly? because pinny and SBO are just two real (not exchange) bookes and two is small amount

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

is there any other bookes beside those that are useful in arbs and do not limit quickly? because pinny and SBO are just two real (not exchange) bookes and two is small amount
    IBC. Pretty much no book likes arbers, it's the nature of the beast.

benandjerry

You're very rarely going to find an arb between those books either because they're far more competent as far as linemaking goes. So you're either going to have to speculate in line moves pre match, or trade in play, either not being the sure thing arbers want to do.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i see Marathon now has a sponsor link on SBR

hunter111

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    i see Marathon now has a sponsor link on SBR
    Yeah, but not only here.

they are advertising everywhere with FAST PAYOUT, GREAT ODDS.

Who cares about fast payouts, best odds, if such a loser Bookie is only good in limiting customers as fast as nearly no other Bookie.

They should rename their Slogan in: "We are Number 1 in Limitation"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milospinkfloyd

Bleeth
    Bleeth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

Yeah, but not only here.

they are advertising everywhere with FAST PAYOUT, GREAT ODDS.

Who cares about fast payouts, best odds, if such a loser Bookie is only good in limiting customers as fast as nearly no other Bookie.

They should rename their Slogan in: "We are Number 1 in Limitation"

Are they limiting quickly ? Sure they are, but no way they could be no 1 when there are places like Betsafe and PaddyPower that limit you to few bucks even before you made your 1st bet (at least Marathon let me make 5-6 bets before i was limited)

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any of you guys know what the limits are like for your first bet? On a low grade soccer game?
    Does it tell you the maximum?
    Thanks.

Bleeth

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    Any of you guys know what the limits are like for your first bet? On a low grade soccer game?
    Does it tell you the maximum?
    Thanks.
    Yep, it tells you the max. bet. For instance it tells me that on low grade Estonian soccer game which is played today i can bet 1.72 EUR @3.90, and as i know that all my bets are limited to 1/100 of the original limits that would make your first bet max. on that game 172 EUR @3.90 (so your winnings max is set at 500EUR for 1x2 market, lower on other markets)
    Last edited by Bleeth; 05-14-13 at 03:29 AM.

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Milos there is arbers only forum on internet. Better go there and get info about arbing and where to arb.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
    Yep, it tells you the max. bet. For instance it tells me that on low grade Estonian soccer game which is played today i can bet 1.72 EUR @3.90, and as i know that all my bets are limited to 1/100 of the original limits that would make your first bet max. on that game 172 EUR @3.90 (so your winnings max is set at 500EUR for 1x2 market, lower on other markets)
    Thanks buddy. win 500 isnt bad to start with (on that league.)
    Was an arb yesterday with paddy power, estonia funninly enough.
    Still not sure who was "right" as they both suck, but in this case i think paddy power were off as they still are...

Bleeth

Arb on PaddyPower on Estonian league, i had a good laugh when i read this. My max winnings on such a league at Paddy is around 10 EUR and was the same when i joined a few years ago (before i even made my 1st bet) so arbing was never even an option.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

its 300 ish max winnings for a normal account. on paddy power.
    Once it hits in play, then upto 1k and they offer the same odds usually.
    they limit, but not that quickly.

Bleeth

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    its 300 ish max winnings for a normal account. on paddy power.
    Once it hits in play, then upto 1k and they offer the same odds usually.
    they limit, but not that quickly.
    Probably if you live in one of the chosen countries, for the rest of us it's 10EUR from the very beginning. One good thing i can say about Marathon is they think my 100EUR is as good as someones in Germany (which can't be said for a lot of Euro bookies) and he'll get limited as fast as i if he hits the same lines.
    Last edited by Bleeth; 05-14-13 at 08:57 AM.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

yeah im from UK.. anyway thanks for answering my q

milospinkfloyd

Quote Originally Posted by dikefale View Post
    Milos there is arbers only forum on internet. Better go there and get info about arbing and where to arb.
    sure thing, but here are also people who know lot about limitations so I aksed few questions..

12 Last