bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

CentreBet cheats player in live betting wager

09.21.2011 (02:11 PM CST)

CentreBet cheats player in live betting wager

A CentreBet (SBR rating D+) player placed a €2,500 wager on a soccer match between Benifica and Arsenal on July 6th, 2011. The bet was recorded while Arsenal lead the match 1-0. The player's wager was entered at exactly 19:58:54. A goal was scored at 19:59:50, approximately 56 seconds later. CentreBet then suspended its market at 19:59:51, 57 seconds after the bet was placed. CentreBet accepted the player's wager at 20:00:02, 66 seconds after the bet was played, 12 seconds after the goal was scored, and 11 seconds after CentreBet suspended its markets.

When presented with these facts, CentreBets chose not to dispute them and instead stated that they were irelevant. SBR is continuing to attempt to reason with the online bookmaker. | Cheated CentreBet player speaks out

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

that is a scam that must live betting trader do , accepting a wager after a goal was score

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    that is a scam that must live betting trader do , accepting a wager after a goal was score
    But they were downgraded from B+ to D+. that's a big DG.

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

downgrade was in order but we are still waiting for betfair to get downgraded. centrebet was a great bookie few years ago but I would not touch them at the moment

justonetime
    justonetime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4467

Centrebet are, by far, the shadiest when it comes to live wagering. I remember placing a wager on an NBA playoff game a few years back during a full time out with about 5 seconds left in the game. My wager lost, the game was over, and the wager was still 'pending.' About 30 seconds after the game was over, my bet was accepted. Also, if you place a live wager on MLB in between innings, many times they will wait until they see what happens with the first batter. If it's in their favor, they will accept the full bet. If it's not in their favor, they will accept a fraction of your wager amount or reject it all.
    Didn't know about SBR at the time.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Live betting at any book that requires manual traders acceptance of bets is a very dodgy scenario for any bettor as situations like this are always bound to crop up time after time - and to be honest, I cant really see an easy solution to it either.

Bearing in mind that the live trader will have to notice the bet and assess whether or not they want to accept it at that stake form that particular customer then how long a time limit should be given - 30 seconds max from when the bet is struck to when the system auto-rejects it would have helped in this situation, but even then 30 seconds is a long time in football and it still gives the book a bit of wriggle room to pull something like this.

What about an "auto-reject upon suspension of market" function - that may work as it would mean that the second a trader suspends the game when there is a goal, then any bets that are there for approval would automatically be rejected. Again this could work, but at the same time it still give the trader a chance to quick click accept on the bet right before he suspends the game as the extra second or 2 at most shouldnt make a difference if they have a standard 5 seconds delay on in-play bets anyway...

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

This is why I hope more European users of books start to speak out. For many of us, we're living in Australia and we only experience one aspect of Centrebet and Sportingbet. Both shithouse but we also don't have the luxury of live betting online... we have to do it on very limited markets over the phone so although we'll encounter problems, they're of a different nature.

However both books have allowed me to get down comparatively large bets but they've also screwed me around so much in other markets that I've given up on them other than when I need to get that money down for other people or their tennis lines are just extremely slow to move. Please everyone, share your experiences with all of these Euro facing books. The more input Admin receives, the more info they'll have to evaluate the current ratings. Good luck with your bets

jonorussell
    jonorussell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I have said it before and will say it again. Centrebet is a great book for Australians.

Easy to deposit, very fast payouts, great customer service, good mobile app and good website design. They are very safe and they sponsor half the major sports over here in aus.

I have played there for roughly 8 years. Had my ups and downs. Never been limited and have been known to withdraw anywhere from $100 - $8000.

These are just my views and experiences with Centrebet.

Toit
    Trust me.
    Toit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6775

I've never had a problem with them either, but I havent played there for a while and maybe things took a turn for the worse.
    This case is most definitely very bad PR and with this much evidence I think they should've sided with the player.

Maybe they think 'Oh, SBR is that USA-facing thingy board, we don't give a shit', but I'm fairly sure it's bad for business.
    Just type 'Centrebet complaint' in google and the 2nd hit is 'CENTREBET downgraded from B+ to D+' on SBR.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Centrebet was a decent operation and I think B+ was a fair rating for them.

Days ago they were purchased by an operation that has a warranted D+ rating. Since they are now under the operational umbrella of a D+ establishment, it would be logical that Centrebet would carry a D+ also.

The silver lining of this story is that this transaction was done so that a larger transaction can be completed where an industry leader, Ladbrokes would absorb the whole group.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-15-15 at 01:36 PM.

goldman40
    goldman40's Avatar Become A Pro!

they need to pay the play they accepted the bet and need to pay

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20471

Quote Originally Posted by jonorussell View Post
    I have said it before and will say it again. Centrebet is a great book for Australians.

Easy to deposit, very fast payouts, great customer service, good mobile app and good website design. They are very safe and they sponsor half the major sports over here in aus.

I have played there for roughly 8 years. Had my ups and downs. Never been limited and have been known to withdraw anywhere from $100 - $8000.

These are just my views and experiences with Centrebet.
    They were good several years back but I've been forced to quit playing there due to absurdly low limits and being banned from using their prime racing products.
    Unfortunately all these once good Aussie books have gone the way of the Euro books and are now piss weak.