weebler
    weebler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why did BetJamaica close?

Hey guys, I thought thegreek.com and betjam were owned by the same guy. So why would betjam shut down and Olympic stay in business? If the ownership was worried about the US feds wouldn't that apply to both books? Was the betjam brand not doing that well? That would be a surprise.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spiro had his reasons for leaving the U.S. marketplace. Knowing him I'm sure he weighed out all the factors involved carefully too considering he stood to lose a lot of money with the football season coming up. I always said he was the sharpest man in the industry for a reason and I personally feel knows/knew something others didn't.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

Spiro is no dummy. From what I have been told it just became too cumbersome trying to get around processor issues for American players.

They were always having to change processors, which would take weeks, then have to change them again a few weeks later. The other problem with doing that is if you get hooked up with the wrong processor, it could mean some serious trouble down the road.

I think the "fight" just became too much of a headache and it was simply time to move on. With all of the "similarities" now with Heritage I wonder if Spiro doesn't have SOME type of stake in it.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

I beat betjam out of too much money they had no choice but to close up shop

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

I think BetJamaica owner decided to retire and stay on the beach all day long