kerrywoodwins20
    kerrywoodwins20's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    they can charge back the check up to 60 days, just like you can a CC **********.
    Dude, its a check from Delaware... they can't charge it back I don't think. I really hope not.

Stefan
    Stefan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 109030

I got a bank transfer from abroad and my bank informed me about this arrival through a letter. In the letter they informed me that checks can be canceled years after the money was booked. That would be possible under american and english right. Who makes such stupid laws? I am lucky not to get a check.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20357

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I got a bank transfer from abroad and my bank informed me about this arrival through a letter. In the letter they informed me that checks can be canceled years after the money was booked. That would be possible under american and english right. Who makes such stupid laws? I am lucky not to get a check.
    IF that's true (personally I don't believe it) it must be a case of 'only in America'.

I've been involved in businesses all my working life and NEVER seen a cheque bounced after it had been cleared. The issuer just has no way of doing that.

kerrywoodwins20

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

This really just can't be true. So you're saying if I send someone a check for super bowl tickets and then go to the game, i can cancel the check a year later?

I might call my bank in about a week and ask to see if its cleared their bank and ask them if they have any possibility of getting those funds back in the future if they change their mind or try to screw me.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I find that hard to believe.
    Once a cheque is cleared that's it. Clear funds.

Do you have a link to anything which confirms your statement?
    I'll answer that since he didn't.
    No, he doesn't.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    International checks can be a pain in the ass. 5 Dimes sent me a Canadian Check once and my bank put a 30-day hold on it. Since then, no more checks for me, person-to-person or DC withdrawal only.
    Get a better bank. I had a foreign check in a foreign language for just under 5 figures fairly recently.
    My USA based bank cleared it in five days including the weekend.

Like everything else, this is done via computer.
    Any USA check shouldn't take more than 24 hours to clear.

30 days for a foreign check is your bank holding onto it at least 3 weeks longer than they need to.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by kerrywoodwins20 View Post

This really just can't be true. So you're saying if I send someone a check for super bowl tickets and then go to the game, i can cancel the check a year later?

I might call my bank in about a week and ask to see if its cleared their bank and ask them if they have any possibility of getting those funds back in the future if they change their mind or try to screw me.
    yes, but like i told u about the car example, you will get arrested and charged with a felony once the person whom u screwed over reports it

thebettor
    thebettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Get a better bank. I had a foreign check in a foreign language for just under 5 figures fairly recently.
    My USA based bank cleared it in five days including the weekend.

Like everything else, this is done via computer.
    Any USA check shouldn't take more than 24 hours to clear.

30 days for a foreign check is your bank holding onto it at least 3 weeks longer than they need to.
    Thank you Scooter for good response. I officially do not like OP's post or the replies. Making me extremely paranoid. I am finding better answers on other forums for clearance times on payouts.

kerrywoodwins20

Quote Originally Posted by thebettor View Post
    Thank you Scooter for good response. I officially do not like OP's post or the replies. Making me extremely paranoid. I am finding better answers on other forums for clearance times on payouts.

I understand that once it clears, its in my account, what I want to know is whether the book has the AUTHORITY/POSSIBILITY to cancel the check after that?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20357

I understand that once it clears, its in my account, what I want to know is whether the book has the AUTHORITY/POSSIBILITY to cancel the check after that?
    Just no way known that can happen after it's been cleared by the paying bank.

kerrywoodwins20

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Just no way known that can happen after it's been cleared by the paying bank.
    K good... then I'm using the 6,000 I just got to pay off my car.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

hey bro just letting u know you still owe me 16 points. i noticed u took a 500 betpoints loan and had some other point activity. i wouldnt care normally but like i said i need to give them to thaddeus.

kerrywoodwins20

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    hey bro just letting u know you still owe me 16 points. i noticed u took a 500 betpoints loan and had some other point activity. i wouldnt care normally but like i said i need to give them to thaddeus.

mnpickle
    mnpickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3194

Because its illegal, they can pull it out of your account years later. I believe the statue of frauds is 4-6 years after the breach of contract. In your example regarding the super bowl tickets, you would not be able to cancel the check because the person receiving the monies is a holder in due course and is only subject to real defenses.

kerrywoodwins20

Quote Originally Posted by mnpickle View Post
    Because its illegal, they can pull it out of your account years later. I believe the statue of frauds is 4-6 years after the breach of contract. In your example regarding the super bowl tickets, you would not be able to cancel the check because the person receiving the monies is a holder in due course and is only subject to real defenses.

I just can't believe it...

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

********** fraud mike pwad

First 12