wiffle
    wiffle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

genuine punter mobniez is worth 2x what nongenuine punter mobniez is worth ldo

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Um... call me an idiot... what the hell is "Arbing?"

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I could go to the trouble of explaining it but for sure that a-hole donjuan will again tell me I'm wrong.

try Google ... and please don't ask what that means

TheMoneyShot

I just googled it... the only thing it says... "IT DOESN'T WORK"

But nothing explains what the hell it is?

Hareeba!

good grief!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage_betting

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

When you bet at home to win,away to win and draw,and you have profit,that is called arbing.

TheMoneyShot

Maybe that's why this didn't ring a bell? But thanks Hareeba for sending me the link.

You can't Arb anything unless you have 6 major books to work with. About a 50k bankroll... or Pinnacle and Matchbook combined together. It's absolutely impossible to do this if you're a US Gambler.

Hareeba!

Maybe that's why this didn't ring a bell? But thanks Hareeba for sending me the link.

You can't Arb anything unless you have 6 major books to work with. About a 50k bankroll... or Pinnacle and Matchbook combined together. It's absolutely impossible to do this if you're a US Gambler.
    oh dear!

let's see if the resident a-hole treats you with any greater respect than he does me

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    oh dear! let's see if the resident a-hole treats you with any greater respect than he does me
    The fu#$ing retards on this site...

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

First you have not heard of arbing, then when you get it explained, you are enough of an expert already to know it is impossible to do?

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

How could anyone be around here since 07 and not have heard of arbing?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

It's not worthwhile for the amount of time you have to put in

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    It's not worthwhile for the amount of time you have to put in
    not to mention bankroll required

but I expect to get shot down in flames by the smartarses who seem to have their unique sources of off market odds and lines which never limit their action

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Calling him the most obnoxious is one of your (many) lies and ongoing inconsistencies. Apparently you struggle with English as every person who rapes you in a conversation above a 5 year old level can't be "the most obnoxious". Learn English.

Anyway, you're ******* wrong.
    Last edited by Thremp; 06-19-11 at 08:58 AM. Reason: wtf does "punter" mean.... all bets are opinions

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    Calling him the most obnoxious is one of your (many) lies and ongoing inconsistencies. Apparently you struggle with English as every person who rapes you in a conversation above a 5 year old level can't be "the most obnoxious". Learn English.

Anyway, you're ******* wrong.
    how *******predictable !

I didn't!
    So once again you are wrong. And that make YOU the liar.
    And I'll take you on at English any day.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

not to mention bankroll required

but I expect to get shot down in flames by the smartarses who seem to have their unique sources of off market odds and lines which never limit their action
    A few of us do, yes............

As stated earlier, been arbing for well over 15 years, and the past 2-3 years has been as good as anytime in the past, for various reasons. The biggest reason being the 3-4 OUTS that I've been able to obtain over the past 1000 or so days, two of them being agent affiliates.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arb work is usually a tool in any winning players arsenal. No real player is going to tell you much more than that in an open forum. You have to go to school.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Arb work is usually a tool in any winning players arsenal. No real player is going to tell you much more than that in an open forum. You have to go to school.

Thremp

how *******predictable !

I didn't!
    So once again you are wrong. And that make YOU the liar.
    And I'll take you on at English any day.
    It is clear you either don't know what "most" means or you are a liar.

We have covered this multiple times. You have no money or inclination to bet me on this issue ergo I feel no reason to provide a detailed post outlining your ongoing attempts to deceive everyone.

I bet MLB RLs, those are a derivative. If you bet MLB RLs you are betting "derivatives". If you bet an Asian Handicap, you are betting a derivative. hurr durr durr. I find it astounding you try to position yourself as knowledgeable.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13652

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Best post of the thread. That pretty much says it all.....

PVO
    PVO's Avatar Become A Pro!

Banners ... thousands of them!

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by PVO View Post
    Banners ... thousands of them!
    Welcome to SBR u made it 1 week and 16 posts congratulations!!

Hareeba!

It is clear you either don't know what "most" means or you are a liar.
    It's clear that your ability to comprehend written English is extremely lacking.

We have covered this multiple times. You have no money or inclination to bet me on this issue ergo I feel no reason to provide a detailed post outlining your ongoing attempts to deceive everyone.
    Yes, we've argued about it forever but you never give up.
    I've totally lost interest in continuing that debate due to your continued crap and obfuscation.
    So if you had any "evidence" of me lying you have no reason not to put up or shut up.
    Never have I ever attempted to deceive anyone with any of my posts.
    You clearly don't agree with them all . That's fine but rather than just say I'm wrong and insult me why not say why so that we could have something close to a rational discussion about it?

I bet MLB RLs, those are a derivative. If you bet MLB RLs you are betting "derivatives". If you bet an Asian Handicap, you are betting a derivative. hurr durr durr. I find it astounding you try to position yourself as knowledgeable.
    WTF has any of that got to do with anything I've posted in this thread?

I don't try to position myself as anything.
    I simply post my own views and attempt to answer questions posted by others.
    I've been betting for over 40 years so do have some experience at it.
    I may not be as much of a smartarse as you but I am able and willing to assist those who are newer to this game than we are. Very much unlike you who does nothing more that prove with every post why you are the most obnoxious person I've ever come across.

omahamoneymaker
    omahamoneymaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well,

I can tell you that I was making $30-$50 per day arbing up until my matchbook acct was shut down. Have been gun shy since then. Have been able to do some with my betmaker account but will wait a bit longer to get back into the game. There are still plenty of opportunities to arb if you have the time, knowledge and bankroll spread across multiple accounts. I can even do it without an exchange but there is much more time involved to do it that way.

Thremp

lol @ 40 years

jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

The less people know/do/talk about arbing - the better for the ones who still do.

'nough said

Legions36

Quote Originally Posted by jairocon View Post
    The less people know/do/talk about arbing - the better for the ones who still do.

'nough said
    I think theres plenty of money for everyone.

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

I've heard people say it's better to just bet the soft line of the arb and you will make more money long term...

BigFish
    BigFish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyHustlin View Post
    I've heard people say it's better to just bet the soft line of the arb and you will make more money long term...
    Yes, some people say that -- and quite often they are correct. There are some circumstances, however, where it is optimal to play both sides for an actual arb.

wiffle
    wiffle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I've been betting for over 40 years.
    pics of yacht plz

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Nothing you've said there makes anything in my post wrong.

But, yes, by genuine punter I mean one who primarily makes bets at value odds based on opinion . You don't make it clear how you derive your bets so I can't really answer whether you fit that definition or not and frankly I couldn't care less. You are just one of hundreds who post in this forum, albeit one of the most obnoxious of them all.
    You sure are special Hareeba. 40 years of betting? LOL.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

It's absolutely impossible to do this if you're a US Gambler.
    You didn't even know what arbing was at the start of this thread and now you're making wildly inaccurate statements. Bravo.

US players have plenty of opportunities to arb. All it takes is a little brains.

kisado
    kisado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

Arbing is for pussies. I'm only half kidding...It's for risk aversive pussies who can't pick winners so they bet thousands of dollars to make a few measly pence. I guess it's worth it if you have the time...The thing for me is that it's risky enough to have one of these offshore books holding a few K of your money, but in order to successfully arb, you need humongous rolls spread across multiple books. I guess it's a more viable tool for those outside of the US who have more reliable options. For me, I'll stick to picking winners fair and square.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    You didn't even know what arbing was at the start of this thread and now you're making wildly inaccurate statements. Bravo. US players have plenty of opportunities to arb. All it takes is a little brains.
    I asked what the true definition of arbing was. I already had an idea what everyone was talking about. First of all I'm not trying to be rude with all the brainiacks in this thread... but as far as I'm concern... you need:

1. A hefty bankroll to work with.
    2. A couple of low vig books (US Residents are suffering - only book would be 5Dimes now)

The reason why I don't look to arb because it's a waste of time. For instance you hit one book hard for 1k right? You go the other direction with another book for 1k... and you gain a little bit of vig back. Let's say the line difference was +105. So if one side hits you gain $50. Matchbook... Pinnacle... is out of the question. You can't hammer anything for 2k-5k. Some books you have to wait for a line shift to wager again. Then, let's say you're running low in one book because you're losing with this book. Now, you have to move money back into the book to ARB. Pain in the ass with moving money. It's not easy for US Gamblers unless you're working with 30k or so? Then you have to make sure that book allows you to wager 5k at once online. THEY DON'T ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT!!!

So the price in moving money, trusting the book with your money, soft lines, reduced vig... you have to figure everything out. It's not that simple for a US Gambler... and if you believe it is... please... be my guest type out your formula.

Legions36

Quote Originally Posted by kisado View Post
    Arbing is for pussies. I'm only half kidding...It's for risk aversive pussies who can't pick winners so they bet thousands of dollars to make a few measly pence. I guess it's worth it if you have the time...The thing for me is that it's risky enough to have one of these offshore books holding a few K of your money, but in order to successfully arb, you need humongous rolls spread across multiple books. I guess it's a more viable tool for those outside of the US who have more reliable options. For me, I'll stick to picking winners fair and square.
    And why can't we arb while picking winners also, call me greedy but free money to me is the same as betting straight and winning. Not saying i only arb but the way i look at this is i will use any resource available to me that will put more $ in my pocket.

First 1234 Last