blackf1re
    blackf1re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

Seriously your assesment of the Man Utd v Bayern game is shocking. United should have never lost that game. There were clearly superior and only lost because Robben bailed his team out with yet another wonder strike and a very soft red card for Rafael. I don't think Bayern were worthy finalists at all which was evident for anyone watching the final as they were completely outclassed by Inter. And van Gaal while a being a good coach is nowhere near Ferguson or Mourinho. And that's coming from someone who absolutely hates Utd and wanted Bayern to progress.

And then you say you prefer losing as long as nice football's being played. Don't really know what to say about that. And nice football is subjective anyway. Give me Mourinho's Inter or Chelsea over Arsenal anyday.
    Last edited by blackf1re; 02-15-11 at 04:55 PM.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by blackf1re View Post
    Seriously your assesment of the Man Utd v Bayern game is shocking. United should have never lost that game. There were clearly superior and only lost because Robben bailed his team out with yet another wonder strike and a very soft red card for Rafael. I don't think Bayern were worthy finalists at all which was evident for anyone watching the final as they were completely outclassed by Inter. And van Gaal while a being a good coach is nowhere near Ferguson or Mourinho. And that's coming from someone who absolutely hates Utd and wanted Bayern to progress. And then you say you prefer losing as long as nice football's being played. Don't really know what to say about that. And nice football is subjective anyway. Give me Mourinho's Inter or Chelsea over Arsenal anyday.

Finally someone realized the nonsense...

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah and you also said Milan is too greasy for Tottenham to handle in Italy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    What did i tell you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    yeah and you also said Milan is too greasy for Tottenham to handle in Italy.
    did you watch the game? they were greasy, especially Gattuso, and Tottenham couldnt finish anything... they simply got lucky at the end...

RbN
    RbN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by blackf1re View Post
    Seriously your assesment of the Man Utd v Bayern game is shocking. United should have never lost that game. There were clearly superior and only lost because Robben bailed his team out with yet another wonder strike and a very soft red card for Rafael. I don't think Bayern were worthy finalists at all which was evident for anyone watching the final as they were completely outclassed by Inter. And van Gaal while a being a good coach is nowhere near Ferguson or Mourinho. And that's coming from someone who absolutely hates Utd and wanted Bayern to progress. And then you say you prefer losing as long as nice football's being played. Don't really know what to say about that. And nice football is subjective anyway. Give me Mourinho's Inter or Chelsea over Arsenal anyday.
    Ok i'll respond one last time on bs story's like this.

1. Why was Man Utd superior? Bayern had more of the possessions and shots on goal? Do I need to bring up the stats again where you are able to see this? Bayern dominated the game.

2. You can hide behind a "softly" given red card and about a wonder strike of Robben, isn't this part of the game? So if they didnt get a softly red card if Robben didnt make a wonder strike Man utd would have won right? If....exactly its part of the game and the red card was valid. If you would have been born with a hole in the front you would probably not capping football also "if". You get it, useless arguments.

3. You can think Bayern weren't worthy finalist, ur own opinion. Fact is they reached the final so in that case they deserved it. No need to discuss about this.

4. Bayern did control the game against Inter, but yeah they couldnt really create a chance, Inter had sharp counters...Part of the game, doesn't make one or another not worthy finalist.

5. Van Gaal not near as being a good coach as Mourinho or Ferguson is also your own opinion. Facts are Van Gaal has a superb name in this football world. He might not have won as many as Ferguson, neither he has been a coach as long as Ferguson yet. Don't forget Van Gaal has also won a Champions League with a Ajax team with youngsters which he produced when he was still working in the youth department. Don't forget he reached the year after that again the final but lost against Juventus, did you know that Giuseppe D'Onofrio en Eugenio Muller researchers conclude that Juventus has used drugs? Ajax is still working to get the cup back. So that will make 2 Champions Leagues at Ajax for Van Gaal. He also won a world club championship. Ok I will stop talking about what he won, cuz he won a lot more at Ajax, Barca, Az and Bayern. Now we will come to the most important thing in my opinion about a trainer. Van Gaal always give chances to youthsters, he makes them better, a really key thing for a trainer (fyi he made Iniesta and Xavi made their debut, Seedorf Kluivert etc.)...With this I want to say that a really good trainer is not only made by how much prizes he has won, but also which players/talents he has made much better (developped)...

Anyways its late here, im not sharp anymroe.

blackf1re

Shot stats were fairly close. 18 v 7 and 6 v 7 (on target). But everyone could see how Bayern were ripped to shreds in the first half. You can't deny the red card (which again was incredibly harsh and probably only given because they surrounded the ref) was a massive game changer. If you make it to the final then yes you technically deserve it. But again they were outclassed by United, hopeless against Inter and God knows what Barcelona would have done to them. There's no way that Bayern is among the top two teams in Europe.

Bayern controlled the game against Inter? That reminds my of Arsenal when they claim they controlled the game when they play again United and Chelsea. And yet lose every single time. Last year's Inter were happy to concede possession so that stat is fairly useless. They were superior in every single department on the pitch.

I said that van Gaal is a very good coach. So no need to argue too much about it. But he's also an incredibly difficult person to work with. In some ways he reminds me of Rafa Benitez at the moment when he was losing it.

Strange transfers: He sold Lucio and Demichelis and now van Bommel (who was the captain) in the middle of the season. All of them weakened the squad and I don't know too many people who can understand. All of them don't have many positives to say about van Gaal. Van Bommel even said that he just couldn't work any longer under him.

Playing players out of position: He bought Luiz Gustavo (a very good player) as van Bommel's replacement but plays him as full back which Gustavo already complained about. Then he uses Ottl and Pranjic (two squad players at best) in DM pushing Schweinsteiger away from the position he was world class in last season.

Constant fights with board: This is the strangest thing for me. He's constantly having digs at the club in the press. Bayern's president Uli Hoeness seems to have lost patience and said publicly that you can't talk to van Gaal because he won't listen. I'd be very surprised if van Gaal is still Bayern's coach in the next season. Doesn't seem to have too many friends left in the club.

All that's missing is a rant about 'Mr. Ferguson'.

RbN

I doubt you actually know something about football.....

Why do you think FC Bayern is called FC Hollywood? Right, because it doesn't matter which coach works there, there is always ex players/board which gives comments about the coach. This is something which always happened in the past, that is why the club got that name, its never quiet overthere. It amazes me that you don't know this lol. But btw the board has said he has done a wonderfull job at the club, and he had a huge impact at german football in their way of playing. Dominant and attacking with wingers. Ajax system.

Demichelis was the weakest link in their defense together with van Buyten. You should look more matches of them. Totally understand why he has been sold.

He sold Lucio because he thought he was on a higher leven then the rest of the team. If u actually know something about van Gaal he works like this. The ones who think they are on a higher level then the group can leave. He wants a real team who give all what they have to play in the system which van Gaal does. Also another thing. Lucio is a great defender, don't get me wrong. But..what do u think what happens if Lucio has to defend almost on middle of the field with like 50 meters of space In his back? I can tell you he's too slow for the system. Great defender when your defense is stick to its own penalty area with no space in its back.

Give me a link to a few quotes where Luiz Gustavo complains then?

He uses ottl only if he lacks personal because of injury's. Luiz Gustavo plays left defender coz Diego Contento is injured. Reason why he does not put Pranjic left defender and Luiz Gustave as central midfielder is becoz he's just arrived at the club so he still has to adjust to the team. Its easier to fit someone on left defender for a while then in the center part of your team. Schweinsteiger always playing in central midfield, so I don't understand where the other crap comes from. And dont forget Van Gaal is the one who made Schweinsteiger the player he is now.

Again give me a link where Van Bommel said he couldn't work any longer under him? Not true, van bommel said he didn't give comment but he's happy to the achieved things at Bayern. U know why he left? Because Van Gaal honestly said to him that he will have lesser playing time in the second half of the season with luiz Gustavo bought and other players available. Van bommel is getting old.

Van Gaal is a really honest guy. Do you care what players say about a coach when they get sold? There is always some backstabbers. Why don't u talk about he got full support of Bayerns team? Schweinsteiger and Lahm named him a great coach. Seedorf kluivert and dozens of players say(from Ajax/Barca/az) its the best coach they ever worked with.

It amazes me that some people don't really know their facts.

What about Ferguson and Jaap Stam? Keane? Van Nistelrooy? Real gentleman ofc compared to Van Gaal
    Last edited by RbN; 02-16-11 at 08:27 AM.

Taka
    Taka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I must stop betting football... Stupid Valencia and Milan I am doing much better in NBA lately and I don't even know much about it... go figure.

blackf1re

It's tiresome to argue with you as you don't seem to really care about other opinions. No wonder you love van Gaal that much.

In recent weeks there were tons of articles in German about players being unhappy and even mocking van Gaal behind his back. Forgive that I can't be arsed to go looking for links for you. But even van Bommel's last press conference alone was quite telling.

Demichelis makes a lot of errors but he also had one truly amazing season under Hitzfeld. That makes me think that while he's not worldclass with a good partner and proper protection he could to businees. I'm convinced that under Mourinho that same Bayern team would have a rock solid defense. But as things are the defense is their weak part. What do they have now? Van Buyten who is a clown and Badstuber who can develop into a fine player but looks fragile and error-prone at this stage of his career. Now van Gaal plays Timoshchuk as CB who's also frequently complaining about being played out of position. I mean where is the logic in selling your best two CBs and then playing a DM because you don't trust your natural center halves?

And all that fired back in Cologne where they lost 2-3 after leading 2-0 at HT. Mainly due to some horrible individual mistakes from the back four (only Lahm was solid). Timo is no CB, Gustavo was running around a bit without a real idea what to do and Badstuber was just very bad that day. And what's that rubbish about playing someone completely out of position because he's new at the club?

This is all 'what if' but I'm confident that with a back six consisting of

Lahm - Breno - Badstuber - Pranjic
    Schweinsteiger - Gustavo

things might have been very different. At least everyone would play their natural positions.

You also don't seem to watch them play all that often if you don't even know that Schweinsteiger played a different position after van Bommel left (playmaker vs. defensive midfielder). van Gaal at least realized that he is wasted there and changed things back for the Hoffenheim game where Schweinsteiger played alongside Pranjic in DM.

Lahm - Lucio - Demichelis - good LB
    Schweinsteiger - van Bommel/Gustavo
    Robben - Müller - Ribery
    Gomez

Now that would be a very, very good team. And I don't see Lucio for example getting too exposed in that system. Robben and Ribery while not tracking back particularly often can keep any full back pinned back. Müller works tirelessly all over the pitch. So does Olic who will often play when one of Robben/Ribery is injured again. And obviously the two DMs provide lots of protection. Instead Bayern might be facing Inter with Pranjic/Ottl against Cambiasso, Sneijder etc. Good luck with that.

This is gonna be my last post here. What do I even argue with someone who thinks Man United are 'a bit shit lately'. Not to mentions all the other threads where you are convinced of certain things that nobody seems to really agree with.

RbN

Maybe you should go back to the others threads and see certain member did agree to me? But it doesn't matter who agrees with or not with me, I know my insights are right.

1. Luiz Gustavo didn't say anything about Van Gaal putting him in the position of left back for the time being. If you suggest these rubbish things, you should be able to give a source. Otherwise its just easy scoring at the cost of someone.

2. The players who where mocking about Van Gaal are; Luca Toni, Lucio and Demichelis. 3 fellows which left Bayern, it's not new to football when players left that they will backstab a coach. Here a link http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/site/ni...Gaal_niet.html

Dutch article, guess you dont understand. Lahm said he dont know what Toni is talking about. He say the coach and (Lahm) got a really good connection together. He respects the way the coach he thinks about football and the way he wants them to play very much. He also says Van Gaal does respect him very much. Also he said if there is something he can go to Van Gaal and talk about it. The thing that Van Gaal asks from his players is being honest. This indicates that Van Gaal does not really has communicative problems.
    Also another article;
    http://www.vi.nl/Nieuws-item/189914/...t-Van-Gaal.htm

Lahm says he does not agree that Van Gaal has communicative problems. "The players absolutely got no problems with Van Gaal". If Lahm sees something which he think is wrong he goes to the trainer and he thinks Van Gaal respects his opinion and insights and he listens to him.

http://www.vi.nl/Nieuws-item/174138/...tes-omgaan.htm

Schweinsteiger really postive about Van Gaal.

You know, I told you Fc Bayern is called Fc Hollywood. Everyone wants to have their opinion about the trainer. This has been the case in the history of Fc Bayern, nothing new. Van Gaal has the full support of the board and more important the players.

Should we start a discussion about "gentlemen" Ferguson where you seem to be so full of? Lets talk about Keane, Stam and Van Nistelrooy? Nevermind, think you got my point.

Demicheles was amazing under Hitzfeld, so what? It almost hurts me that it seems you doesn't seem to know basics about football. Has it ever come up in your mind that Van Gaal does play a total different system then Hitzfeld did? That in this system Van Gaal is playing centre backs need other qualities then they played under Hitzfeld? In Van Gaal way of playing defenders need to be, fast, versatile, and good in positioning also a big important thing is that they must be able to do something with the ball. Total football you know? Defenders should be able to join the attack, attackers should be able to defend. All together. In Van Gaal way of playing he thinks Badstuber and Tymoschuk fit better as centre backs, so what? I don't see the problem.

Playing someone completely out of position because hes new at the club? Luiz Gustavo? Did you actually know Luiz Gustavo has been raised as a left defender which also can play as central defender? When he came to Hoffenheim he started playing central midfielder. Diego Contento is number one as left defender, but because he is injured, Luiz Gustavo plays on the left defender spot. Again what a big deal? And your total out of position argument can go in the trash bin...........Also it is much easier letting someone adapt to the team on the left back then as central midfielder (core of a team). When Diego Contento is back, Luiz Gustavo will go to the centre and he will know already be adjust to his teammates.

Your line up is sweet, but I think Van Gaal knows who fit better in his system or not. Pranjic is a weak left defender, played almost all of his career as a left midfielder (at Heerenveen behind Sulejmani). He's not really a left defender, only in case of emergency. Breno is a example of a "stupid" Brazilian defender, hasn't eaten cheese about tactics, positioning and he's not the quickest. We don't have to discuss about his speed right (which you need in Van Gaal system if you defend on the other half)?

You don't really have a clue which qualities a certain player need to posses to be able to succeed in Van Gaal's style of playing (Total Football). As a Ajax fan ive seen this for more then 16 years.

I follow every game of Bayern don't worry, to follow my idol Van Gaal.

Ps. im waiting for articles that Luiz Gustavo gave negative comment about van Gaal, simply not true.

First 123