GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barcelona or Manchester United???

I still could not see which team is better for 2009 UEFA champ league. what is your thought guys?

dre3000
    dre3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barca

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man Utd have the edge on defense. I give them the node. Barca couldn't score against them in their 2 meetings last year. Barca may have improved overall this year but their defense isn't any better this year than it was last year.

Immortality
    Immortality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Man U and I made a future bet on them a little over a month ago.

I played 2 units on

Manchester United +650

I just hope they keep up the forum they have going. If they do, they will be very tough to beat.

Ivan77
    Ivan77's Avatar Become A Pro!

With Rooney healthy again and Berbatov playing well I can't see how anyone can bet against the red devils!

-Bet MAN U againt Inter straight up to win a tough road game, great odds!!!!!!!!!!

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan77 View Post
    With Rooney healthy again and Berbatov playing well I can't see how anyone can bet against the red devils!

-Bet MAN U againt Inter straight up to win a tough road game, great odds!!!!!!!!!!
    if you like manu , bet on manu to advance , but betting on a win at inter in the first leg is pretty stupid

Pat_Bateman
    Pat_Bateman's Avatar Become A Pro!

nobody wins the cl two years in a row by the way, not since milan in 89,90. anyways it would be stupid to bet on the outright winner as the best teams dont necessarily meet in the final, so you could get manchester utd against barcelona in the quarters or semis. and league success does not translate into champions league success either

Fizzz
    Fizzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barza hands down... at this time it rlly sucks that Iniesta is down, but they ate all the "strong" teams in La Liga (Valencia, Madrid, Villareal and Atletico). They have the best overall scorer (Eto'o)
    I am still puzzled by Hleb's performance... is he going to be like Henry and mutate into what he is now? Or is he going to stay like this?

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man utd, Amazing defensivly and very good attack, have the mix of expeince and youth, Barcelona amazing attack but defense is not great and without Puyol or if one of the 1st team defneders gets injured they let goals in as shown agast Betis last week.

But you can never write a team off with the worlds best player (The battle ship according to Goal TV commentator) Messi!

jamieq98
    jamieq98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post
    But you can never write a team off with the worlds best player (The battle ship according to Goal TV commentator) Messi!
    I think you could argue both teams can claim to have the worlds best player! :P

I think Barca are right to be favs. at the mo, simply because United have to get through Inter first (who are 4th fav's themselves!) whereas they have a much easier draw in Lyon...

Should they beat Inter though I would personally prefer to bet on them... Barca couldn't score past them last year and United could've won both legs had Ronaldo not shanked his peno at the Nou Camp.

With United's defensive record as it is currently and VDS/Rio/Vidic on such good form I wouldn't wanna bet betting that many teams score many goals past them...

Fizzz
    Fizzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

True... we have been shaky @ the back... the kids just need to grow the pair a little faster... it is amazing how fast Busquets got into the game... and our right wing is just killing every one... Alves and Messi? Nuff said there
    Now... Man U's defensive WALL is a hard nut to crack... and I just remember the frustration after watching that goal (or work of art) that Scholes scored in the 2nd leg last year... Still Ronaldo... the only thing he did during the whole match was rattling the bar...