OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5228

Man loses arm in alligator attack outside Florida bar

A 23-year-old man lost his arm after an alligator attack near Ft. Myers, Florida, early Sunday morning, wildlife officials said.
    The alligator measured 10 1/2 feet long and was later killed. The animal attacked the man, whose name has not been released, behind Banditos Bar in Port Charlotte, a spokesperson for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said in a statement to CBS News, noting that there is a pond next to the bar. Authorities with the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office and EMS responded to the incident alongside the state wildlife agency, after receiving a report that a man had been bitten by an alligator.
    The man was transported by helicopter to Gulf Coast Medical Center in Ft. Myers, where he underwent surgery to amputate his right arm above the elbow, said Todd Dunn, a spokesperson from Charlotte County Fire and EMS, in an email to CBS News. Bystanders had applied a tourniquet to the arm before authorities arrived at the scene around 1:40 a.m.
    Manny Hidalgo, another patron who was at Banditos Bar when the alligator attack happened, said he heard screaming outside and left the bar with a flashlight to see what was going on, according to The Daily Sun, a newspaper based in Port Charlotte. The victim was in the water when Hidalgo found him, he recalled.

"He was yelling and swimming toward the shoreline," Hidalgo told The Daily Sun in an interview Sunday afternoon. "I ran and dragged him up onto the sand. I was scared to get close to the water because it was dark out."

duh dark or day light do not go play in gators home

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is investigating the incident. After the attack, the agency sent a nuisance alligator trapper to the scene, who located the alligator and removed it from the property. The animal was humanely killed, the agency said.

drunk in bar goes in pond and losses his arm here hold my beer he said watch this

members comments

Drinking alcohol and near a body of water with alligators?
    He almost got the coveted Darwin Award!
    Great job, Jethro!

Um, and the REASON that some genius decided to put a BAR (with drunk people) NEAR a place with alligators, was what now?? Only in Florida....

Prosecutors will be seeking charges of armed robbery against the alligator.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

A man lost an arm after he was attacked by an alligator when he fell into a pond behind a Florida bar.
    Jordan Rivera, 23, says he tripped and was attacked as he went to relieve himself behind Banditos bar in Port Charlotte because the lines for the bathroom were too long.
    When he fell into the pond the 10ft long alligator attacked and bit off his right arm above the elbow.

Bar patrons ran outside when they heard Mr Rivera shouting for help, dragged him out of the water and applied a tourniquet to prevent him from bleeding to death.
    “I didn’t lose my life, I lost an arm, it’s not the end of the world, you know,” Mr Rivera told NBC2 from his hospital bed.
    And he explained what led to the horrific attack.
    “I ended up walking over to the water hole, I didn’t realise how big it was at the time, as I was going over there something happened where I either tripped or the ground below me just went down,” Mr Rivera said.
    “I ended up in the water. And that’s literally the last thing I remember.”

Guy was just trying take piss. Rough night.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

He's lucky he didn't lose his man junk instead. Taking a leak and a gator attacks you. Take the arm and not the junk!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393