I don't agree with that mentality. I think mass non participation in the economy would work better. Everyone buy the bare minimum to get by on and bring the economy to a stand still, or even reverse. Everyone keep showing up to their jobs even as hours get cut. As layoffs start, as long as you kept showing up they have to give you unemployment. Grow the unemployment. Empty shops/stores/buildings slowly add up. Bankruptcies rise. Commercial real estate owners start sweating. Local and state tax revenues drop.
Power is with the people who drive and participate in the economy. I would luv to see some large scale movement and dedication from enough people willing to say "Yes! I'll do it!" - It'd be cool to see a petition started online and get 50 million people signing/vouching to participate. Heck, even 10-20 million would put a dent. But dang, if 50, or 100 million, pledged to only buy necessary basics to live, that would be awesome.

This old episode from Tonight Show was right before the 1980 election. Has Bob Hope, Steve Landesberg and Gore Vidal.

Whole episode is on YT or on Prime.

Carson's monologue he made fun of all 3 candidates. Apparently the 1980 election was similar to 2016.
Carson mentions how Reagan's campaign chief(or some top person in his camp) had to resign because of some incident that had just came to light. And then also, Carson mentions that a report from the DOJ, or the IG for the DOJ, just released a report about how Carter wasn't cooperative when they were investigating his brother. So Carson quips, how odd that is, both reports just came out days before the election. Then Carson jokes "So this Tuesday you can go to the polls and vote for the scandal of your choice."

But the 2 part Gore Vidal is what got me. He made some ok points. But the not voting is ridiculous.

There's an old republican strategist named Paul Weyrich. He created a bunch of "non-profit" orgs that catered to lobbying and strategizing for republican causes.

He's had some doozy of quotes over the years, but the one that always gets circulated around is this one...

https://www.inspiringquotes.us/author/5428-paul-weyrich

Here's Gore Vidal's 2 parts from that ep of Tonight Show.