billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some quality groceries up in here.

Great thread.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers (I will be making these tomorrow)

Jalapenos (good size ones)
    Bacon
    Cream Cheese

Not my recipe, but my own spin on it. Set cream cheese out to soften. Put a quick fry on the bacon. You don't want them crispy, just a quick cook. This is done to ensure bacon is cooked evenly during the grill process. Halve the jalapenos, then remove seeds. Leave the seeds in, if you want more heat. Fill jalapenos with cream cheese. Wrap the cheese filled jalapenos with the pre-cooked bacon. Secure bacon on jalapenos with skewers. Toothpicks will work too. I usually do 3-4 jalapenos pure skewer, depending on size. If you use wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water first to avoid setting them on fire! Grill on low heat (turning appropriately) until jalapeno is tender and bacon is cooked.

Last edited by JMon; 02-01-14 at 04:44 PM.
    Points Awarded:

innovation gave JMon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: billysink

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

^^^...Looks great J-Mon!...Will definitely have to try that one out also!.......here is a great mac-n-cheese recipe on the grill from the legendary BBQ Pit Boys!...

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Cannaoil Brownies

Here's the most straight forward method I've found for making cannaoil. I've used it dozens of times and it's never failed. Start with a 9 or 10 inch saucepan or small stove-pot and an equal cup to ounce ratio of oil to maryjane. (1/2 oz ground or abv bud to 1/2 cup canola/vege oil) Make sure the material is ground but not powdered, you want to expose the maximum surface area to the oil. Heat the oil over very low heat ( 180 - 200 F ) The determining factor being that you don't want the oil to boil. Keep the heat to the point where tiny bubbles occasionally rise to the surface but most of the mix stays clear. Also, occasionally tilt the saucepan/stovepot at a slight angle and continue mixing, this helps mix everything.

Let this mix cook for at least 2 hours (some people go a lot longer but I never noticed much difference past 4 hours) stirring or shaking the pan every half hour or so. If time is a problem, try going for no less than a hour.

WARNING: There is a fair amount of odor involved, a kitchen vent is not enough to clear the smell, take the usual precautions

Next, I use a cheesecloth bag and suspend it about half way down in a large measuring cup and pour the hot mixture the bag using a good rubber spatula/wooden spoon to scrape all the oil out of the pan. Wait until the mix cools enough to handle and squeeze the hell out of the bag to get every last drop of oil out. You can also use a coffee filter instead of using a cheesecloth bag for filteration.

Recommended Brownie Mixes:
    - Ghiradelli Double-Chocolate Brownie Mix
    -Dunken Hines Brownie Mixes (Your Choice)
    -Not a big fan of Pillsbury or Betty Crocker

FAQ:
    What kind of maryjane can I use for Canna-Oil?
    - You can use anything from stems, leaves, trimmings, keif, ground-up bud, hash, you get the point, right?

What is better Canna-Butter or Canna-Oil?
    -THC is fat soluble, therefore whichever substance is higher in (the right kind of) fat will be more effective. Stuff high in saturated fat is great indeed.

Do olive oil and vegetable oil work the same?
    - Oil is Oil. There are slight variations in the THC absorption rate, but so what?
    And Olive oil is Vegetable oil.

When you grind up the maryjane and put it in the oil, how long should I let it sit? What percentage of cannabinoids will be extracted after 2 days? 5?
    2 days will Extract almost all of the THC and Cannabinoids.
    If you want 100%, just let it soak a Month or two.

When making CannaButter, I thought one of the things heating it does was "activate" the cannabinoids. Won't this not happen if I just letting CannaOil sit without heat?You don't need heat to "activate" cannabiniods, heat only speeds the process of extraction and is not actually responsible for the transfer itself, therefore your cannabiniods will be extracted into the oil as it sits for a week or three at room temperature.

Note on Potency: Using mid quality maryjane or HQ trimmings for the process, this half a cup of oil used in a Dunkin Hines brownie mix will yield roughly 20 brownies. One of these should put you in low earth orbit for 4 or 5 hours. You can also bottle the stuff and take it a teaspoon at a time. Experiment to find your ideal parameters but wait at least 1 1/2 hours after first ingesting to bump it up.....too much and you'll just go to sleep.

Note on Color: I've used different oils and different maryjane and had final oil color that ranged from mid emerald to a green so dark as to be black and never noticed any correlation between potency and color.

Personal Note: This is not the only process in making Canna-Oil, you can experiemnt with other methods such as Crock-pots, Canna-Butter, over leaving it over time. However, this method is very simple, user-friendly, spacey and delicious!
    Points Awarded:

JMon gave ChalkyDog 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Da Manster!

FISH with RED PEPPER SAUCE

1 lb. (4 small) tilapia/cod/salmon (or whatever you like) fillets
    2 Tbsp. flour
    1/4 cup egg substitute
    1/2 cup dry garlic flavored mashed potato mix
    4 tsp. canola oil
    1/2 cup roasted red peppers
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/4 tsp.dried basil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bread one side of fish fillets by dipping in flour, then egg substitute and then potato mix. Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tsp. oil; tilt pan to coat. When oil is hot, add 2 fish fillets, breaded side down in pan. Saute until golden. Place breaded side up on a rack on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining oil and fish fillets. Bake 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.

Puree red pepper in blender or food processor. Mix well with sour cream and basil. Serve fish topped with pepper sauce....ENJOY!...makes about 4 servings!

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

I can't cook for sh.it people make meals for me. This thread is doing me wonders.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

more recipes please

Da Manster!

CRANBERRY AND RAISIN CEREAL BARS

5 cups ready-to-eat oat and almond cereal
    1 (7 ounce) can condensed milk
    1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
    1/3 cup golden or dark raisins
    1/4 tsp. almond extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9 by 9 inch square pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray with no stick spray. In a large bowl, combine cereal, milk, cranberries, raisins and almond extract...Mix Well...Press cereal mixture into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes. Immediately remove from pan. Cool and cut into 12 squares....ENJOY!

Da Manster!

CAESAR BEEF WRAPS

1/4 cup cream cheese
    1 Tbsp. Caesar salad dressing
    1 tsp. Dijon mustard
    4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
    8 ounces sliced deli roast beef (rare - medium rare is best)
    4 medium romaine leaves
    1 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese

In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, Caesar dressing and Dijon mustard; mix well. Spread each tortilla with 1 Tbsp. of the flavored cream cheese. Layer a quarter of the roast beef on each tortilla. Thinly slice romaine leaves. Sprinkle romaine and Parmesan evenly over each tortilla. Roll tortillas and secure with a toothpick and cut in half if desired....Makes about 4 servings.

Da Manster!

PESTO CHICKEN PIZZA

1 (13.2 ounce - 16 ounce)thin pizza crust
    1/4 cup Pesto sauce
    1/2 cup of tomato sauce or pizza sauce
    2 cups shredded cooked chicken
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
    1/2 cup pepperoni slices
    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet. Spread evenly with pesto and tomato sauce. Sprinkle chicken, mushrooms, and pepperoni evenly over crust. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in preheated oven 10 - 20 minutes or until cheese starts to brown!...Enjoy!

Da Manster!

PEACH AND BERRY COBBLER

4 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches
    2 cups blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries, (whichever you prefer) washed and drained
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 Tbsp. cornstarch
    1 (7.75 ounce) bag honey-butter flavored biscuit mix
    1 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 10 by 7 inch (2 quart) glass baking dish with no stick spray. In a glass or plastic bowl, combine peaches, berries, sugar and cornstarch. Mix gently. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Prepare biscuit mix according to package directions. Drop dough by tablespoons on top of fruit mixture. Sprinkle biscuits with cinnamon sugar. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are browned....Serve and Enjoy!

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

great thread, gotta try some of these out. i love italian food, got some old school family recipes worth millions.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...s-consulting/2

chi town classic, recipe from harry caray's restaurant.

Chicken Vesuvio

Preparation time: 35 minutes
    Cooking time: 1 hour, 16 minutes
    Yield: 4 servings
    This is the chicken Vesuvio recipe provided by Harry Caray's Restaurant.
    1 cup frozen peas
    1/4 cup olive oil
    4 large Idaho russet potatoes, peeled, cut in quarters lengthwise
    10 whole cloves garlic
    1 roasting chicken, cut into 8 pieces
    1 1/2 cups white wine
    1/3 cup chopped parsley

1 tablespoon each: oregano, granulated garlic
    1 teaspoon each: salt, freshly ground pepper
    1 1/2 cups homemade chicken stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth

1. Heat a small saucepan of water to a boil; add peas. Cook 1 minute; drain. Rinse with cold water to stop cooking; set aside.

2. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat; add the potatoes and garlic cloves. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown on all sides, about 12 minutes. Remove the garlic cloves; discard. Transfer the potatoes to paper towels; set aside.

3. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Add chicken pieces--in batches and adding additional oil, if necessary--to the skillet; cook, turning once, until lightly brown, about 5 minutes per side. Stir in the white wine, stirring to scrape up browned bits in the skillet; cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Return potatoes to the skillet. Season with the parsley, oregano, granulated garlic, salt and pepper. Add the chicken stock. Transfer the mixture, with the juices, to a roasting pan and into the oven. Bake until instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest piece of chicken reads 165 degrees, about 45 minutes.

4. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter; arrange the potatoes around the chicken. Pour the sauce from the pan over the chicken; sprinkle with reserved peas.

Da Manster!

Thanks Grape!...Gotta try that one out!....

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

You asked for simple. So easy it's stupid.

Do you have peanut butter? Do you have a couple of old bananas? Well you're in luck.

TWO INGREDIENT ICE CREAM

Take 3 overripe bananas, cut them up, and put them in the freezer for at least four hours. I put them on wax paper then on a plate so the pieces don't stick together. Then put bananas in a blender and pulse for a couple of minutes. You should have what looks like dippin dots stuck to the side of your blender, but keep pushing it back into the middle and pulse until a nice creamy consistency, and it WILL get there. Add 4 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy is my favorite because it adds texture), blend for about 15 more seconds, and voilla! Serves 2-3

No joke, great-tasting, no dairy peanut butter banana ice cream.

Da Manster!

^^^...Ralphie, that sounds good man!...and pour some hot chocolate syrup, caramel, strawberry or butterscotch on top of it!....

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

wish I knew how to cook

im sure no 1 is interested in my kool-aid recipes
    Points Awarded:

innovation gave Fidel_CashFlow 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Da Manster!

Fidel just PM'ed me his recipe and I've decided to share it with the forum:

1)Pull up to McD's and place order
    2)pay the cashier and pick up your food
    3)leave McD's and head for home

bostonboss

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Fidel just PM'ed me his recipe and I've decided to share it with the forum:

1)Pull up to McD's and place order
    2)pay the cashier and pick up your food
    3)leave McD's and head for home

lol

Da Manster!

Beef and Bean Joes

1/2 lb. extra lean ground beef
    1 (16-ounce) can vegetarian beans in tomato sauce
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1 Tbsp. vinegar
    2 tsp. dried onion flakes
    1/2 tsp. mustard
    Garlic powder, to taste
    hamburger buns

Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat. Add beans, ketchup, Worcestershire, vinegar, onion flakes and garlic powder. Mix well and simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. Serve on toasted hamburger buns...enjoy!

SBR Jonelyn
    SBR Jonelyn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17551

I really admire men who can cook. Wish I have cooking skills but I can definitely serve delicious desserts for sure!

smokenjoke
    smokenjoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

Pico de gallo

1 medium size onion diced
    1 large tomato diced
    2-3 whole pickled jalapeńo peppers diced
    Handful of cilantro diced
    1 shot glass of pickled jalapeńo pepper juice
    Juice of half a lime
    Salt/pepper to taste

Add all ingredients in bowl and mix
    Excellent on tacos or any meat or serve as dip. Enjoy
    Add more jalapeńo for extra heat if desired!!!

bostonboss

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Jonelyn View Post
    I really admire men who can cook. Wish I have cooking skills but I can definitely serve delicious desserts for sure!
    im thinking some tasty pie.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

smokenjoke
    smokenjoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

Heres one for you.

Ice cream cake

1 box of ice cream sandwiches (about 12)
    Choice of icing

Assemble sandwiches into a square adding icing in between layers
    Ice cake upon completion and keep chilled until served
    enjoy!!!

Da Manster!

Thanks JoJo!.......I only speak for myself but you are more than welcomed to share pics of your "delicious desserts" for us!..

Da Manster!

Turkey Cutlet Caccitore

1 lb. turkey breast cutlets
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    2 tsp canola oil
    1 cup chopped onions
    1 8oz. pck of sliced mushrooms
    1 tsp minced fresh garlic
    1 1/2 cups of canned crushed tomatoes
    1 TBsp red wine vinegar
    1 tsp dried oregano leaves
    1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
    8 oz. pasta (preferably angel hair) cooked according to package directions

Cut turkey cutlets into 1.5 inch chunks...Sprinkle with pepper..Heat canola oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat...Add turkey and cook until lightly browned on both sides (about 5 - 6 minutes total)...Remove turkey from skillet...Add onion and mushrooms to skillet and stir fry until vegetables are tender and soft...Add Garlic and cook another 30 seconds...Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, and herbs...Return Turkey to skillet..spoon the tomato sauce over turkey and reduce to low heat...Cover skillet and simmer gently 5 - 10 minutes or until turkey is thoroughly cooked (always stirring occassionally)...Serve atop cooked pasta!...Makes about 4 servings!...Enjoy!..Another quick, easy, and delicious meal in less than 30 minutes!

Fidel_CashFlow

dinner is served

Fidel_CashFlow

Bone Appetite

Points Awarded:

innovation gave Fidel_CashFlow 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Da Manster!

^^^....Fidel, that's a sandwich!....

BEEF, GREEN BEANS, and TOMATO stir fry

12 ounces lean beef sirloin
    3/4 tsp. Thai seasoning blend
    2 cloves garlic, mashed
    1 Tbsp. oil
    8 ounces frozen thin green beans (haricots vert)
    1/4 cup beef or chicken broth
    2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
    2 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
    3 ounces wide rice noodles, cooked according to package directions

Partially freeze beef. Slice into 1/4 inch thick slices across the grain. Place in a bowl with garlic and Thai seasoning. Mix well and refrigerate 30 minutes. Place a wok or heavy skillet over high heat. Add 1 tsp. oil and tilt pan to coat. Add green beans and cook until bright green. Add broth, cover and cook 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Remove beans and any liquid from pan.

Return pan to heat. Add remaining oil. Add seasoned beef and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and tomatoes and heat through. Add vinegar, stir and serve over rice noodles.

SBR Jonelyn
    SBR Jonelyn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17551

Mango Float (Filipino Dessert)

Ingredients:

• Slice ripe mangoes
    • Graham crackers
    • Condensed milk
    • Double cream or all purposed cream

Quick and Easy Steps:

1. In a bowl, mix condensed milk and all purposed cream, then set aside preferably chilled in the fridge while assembling the other ingredients
    2. In a square or rectangular container or dish, layer the Graham crackers at the bottom of the dish, completely covering as possible.
    3. Pour the cream mixture over the crackers and spread.
    4. Put the sliced mango over the cream mixture.
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 in order: crackers, cream, mango until container nearly filled.
    6. Crushed some of the Graham crackers in a sealed bag then spread on the top evenly.
    7. Chill in the fridge for not less than 6 hours or overnight if possible. The cream sets more when chilled just right otherwise you’ll indeed up with a gooey mixture spoiling the whole process itself.
    8. Serve and enjoy!

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Ingredients:
    1 pound of jumbo lump crabmeat
    2/3 cup crushed ritz crackers
    3 scallions, finely chopped
    1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon, Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon, dry mustard
    1/2 lemon, juiced
    1/4 teaspoon, garlic powder
    1 teaspoon, sea salt
    1/4 teaspoon, cayenne pepper
    1/2 cup peanut oil
    Approx. 1/4 cup, flour for dusting

Instructions:
    1. In a large bowl mix together all ingredients [r except for the flour and peanut oil]

2. Take about 1/3 cup of mixture and shape into small patties.
    3. Lightly dust patties with flour.

4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
    5. Drop a tiny bit of batter in to make sure oil is hot.
    6. Once oil is hot, carefully place the crab cakes in the pan to fry until browned. This should take about 4 to 5 minutes.
    Note: don’t overcrowd your pan. You want the oil to remain HOT.
    Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown. About 3.5 – 4 minutes.
    8. Place finished crab cakes onto a paper towel.
    9. Finish frying the remaining crab cakes.
    10. Serve with sauce of your choice!

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Mikeyanks sighting

Da Manster!

thanks Jojo and Mikeyanks!......I appreciate other members feedback and participation!...

Lemon Basil Chicken with Vegetables and cooked rice noodles

3/4 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    1 1/2 cups chicken broth
    3 Tbsp. lemon juice
    1 Tbsp. cornstarch
    1 tsp. grated lemon peel
    1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
    1 cup slivered red pepper
    1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn

Cook rice noodles according to package directions...Cut chicken breast into 1 inch cubes. Combine chicken broth, lemon juice, cornstarch and lemon peel. Mix well; set aside. Spray a large nonstick skillet with no stick spray. Place over moderate heat. When skillet is hot, add zucchini and pepper. Saute until tender. Remove from pan. Spray pan with no stick spray and return to heat. Add chicken and saute until lightly browned. Return vegetables to skillet. Add chicken broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add basil; mix well. Serve over cooked rice noodles....Enjoy!

Da Manster!

Apple Dumplings

2 Tbsp. firmly packed light brown sugar
    1 ˝tsp. cinnamon
    1 tsp. cornstarch
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 Tbsp. water
    6 small apples, peeled and cored
    6 7-inch square egg roll wrappers
    Non-stick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray six muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, vanilla and water. Roll apples in the mixture until coated. Place one apple in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Bring the corners up to the top of the apple, pressing and folding to seal the edges. Place each dumpling in a muffin cup and lightly spray the tops with non-stick cooking spray. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Cool on a rack 15 minutes; serve warm....Enjoy!

Da Manster!

PORK ROAST WITH MUSHROOM-APPLE STUFFING

1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
    1/2 tsp. sage or rosemary
    1 TBsp. of Butter
    1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
    2 slices of whole wheat bread cut into cubes
    1 stalk of celery finely chopped
    1/4 lb. of mushrooms finely chopped
    ground black pepper
    1/2 cup of chicken broth
    2 - 3 lb. boneless center cut pork roast

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees...Lightly oil a small roasting pan.

2.Combine apple, sage/rosemary, bread cubes in a large bowl and set aside...Melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the onion, clerey, and mushrooms and cook until tender. (about 7 - 8 minutes)...then add to the bread cube mixture...Season with black pepper and add enough chicken broth so that the stuffing holds together.

3. To "roll cut" the roast, place the meat on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise cut into the meat, parallel to the cutting board about 1/2 - 1 inch up from the board. As you continue to cut, "unroll" the roast so that the meat lays flat. Spoon stuffing evenly over the meat, except for about an inch on the long edge where you started the roll cut...Reroll the meat to enclose the stuffing then place in roasting pan with the seam side down.

4. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper (whatever you like and prefer in terms of quantity). Roast uncovered at 400 for about 20 minutes..Reduce heat to 350 and roast an additional 30 minutes.

5. Remove from oven and allow the roast to rest for 10 - 15 minutes before slicing!...Enjoy!

First 12345 ... Last