TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What Is The True "Cost Of Living" Really Mean?

From a business standpoint... I think the phrase is overrated and misused quite often... especially when you're dealing with landlords. But besides that... when do you say ok... TOO MUCH!!!

McDonald's combo meal. $6.99

Mixed Drink in Miami: $15.89

Mixed Drink in Vegas Poolside: $18.00

In business... owners use a formula that dictates this so called "cost of living" but... the main focus is... it's the "cost of operation"

One of my friends who's a mechanical engineer (which is a total geek freak but very wise) told me... the cash in our hands may not mean a damn thing 3 years from now. He told me if things get really worse... your cash is meaningless. To trade.. you'll need Silver and Gold... just like they did back in the old times. Because it has value.

My point is... it's not that we as people have to adjust... we are forced to adjust based upon our income. But... is a high wage even safe anymore??? Are we still efficient with our income? Chances are... we aren't. I've cut costs on everything... even changed the way I eat everyday.

Just like my buddy told me... what good is your $80,000 a year salary... when you blow most of it each year anyways. No one has really adjusted to these times.

I truly believe this "cost of living" phrase is overly used... and dog sh#$. One company raises the price... to compensate for another company's raise. How about we all decrease the costs simultaneously? Oh wait... Greed is involved. I forgot about that.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Uh---what?

People have adjusted, and those that make enough money don't have to adjust, so yes, your money is safe, is 80k enough for a family to feel 100% secure for forever, heck no.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

tto - I don't think people have adapted and I think the problems are getting worse. I see more damaged cars being driven more than ever. Have people lost pride? Or have no money to pay for things that they once did? I also think it's going to get worse. You can say ok... we cut expenses to put food on the table for our families... and can't afford to get our cars or homes fixed? It's a disaster. These big companies will fail soon enough. It will cause a chain reaction of disaster. I'm already transferring 50% of my cash money to silver and gold. I don't trust our currency at all. We're just brainwashed to do the same thing every single day... I'm not buying into this system anymore.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

realistically speaking for a family of 2 (husband and wife no kids) 80k is the amount that is required to live "comfortably". above that is surplus and not needed.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    you'll need Silver and Gold... just like they did back in the old times. Because it has value.
    nope. your friend doesn't understand deflationary value. the reason why we abandon the gold standard is because gold is very very rare and because of that it restricts money transfers in proportion to the population. the gold standard worked 100 years ago when we had what? 900 million+ people? and now we have 7 billion+ people who need money to work for a living. gold leads to scarcity thus why fiat currency is the only solution.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    tto - I don't think people have adapted and I think the problems are getting worse. I see more damaged cars being driven more than ever. Have people lost pride? Or have no money to pay for things that they once did? I also think it's going to get worse. You can say ok... we cut expenses to put food on the table for our families... and can't afford to get our cars or homes fixed? It's a disaster. These big companies will fail soon enough. It will cause a chain reaction of disaster. I'm already transferring 50% of my cash money to silver and gold. I don't trust our currency at all. We're just brainwashed to do the same thing every single day... I'm not buying into this system anymore.
    Some people will never adapt, too bad for them, survival of the fittest.

It's dumb dude, as I'm walking into Chipotle and you see homeless people sitting outside asking for cash, I just can't imagine what is stopping them from going inside to get a job, or across the street to McDonald's, or Flame Broiler, or Taco Bell, or Panda Express, all within walking distance of where they are. Some people just won't conform/do what's necessary, sad but true.