bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

PokerDream Network Goes to Sleep

PokerDream Network Goes to Sleep 02/28/2008 04:48 AM
    The PokerDream Network was aptly named. Its pitch was that just about everyone could have their own online poker site for a mere $1500.00 investment. It gave forum owners and poker leagues a chance to have private tournaments, as well as having access to the network tournaments. The PokerDream spiel went something like this: “The Branded Operator Membership offers a 100% branded Multi Player Poker Room designed per your specifications including a logo and a Poker Portal for your players account management. This membership offers a completely hosted solution where you the licensee leases the PokerDream Software and is responsible for marketing your room and managing your players and tournaments. We provide all the technical support to host the game and maintain the systems, hardware, software and continued proper operation,” etc., etc. All real money deposits and cash-outs were handled by PokerDream.

If it seemed too good to be true, it was. This week all skin operators on the network were locked out of their admin accounts. Previously, player withdrawals had been backlogged for a month or more. As of Wednesday, the PokerDream website and forum have been shut down and licensees have accused the owners of leaving in the middle of the night after having spent all the player’s money while waiting for an investor that never came. Another blamed the problem on PokerDream having more skins than players. Whatever the cause, it appears the network is dead in the water. PokerRoomReview has compiled a partial list of PokerDream Network skins:

Arctic Poker Club, NetFun Poker, Poker Knights, Poker Mustang, Poker Rouge, Pokers Flop, VI Menn, ClixoPoker, Lolita Poker, Online Holdem Club, DucksFullPoker, FoxRake, CaptainsDenPoker, IM4Poker, Planet7, PokerFreak, Push’em Poker, Freya Poker, Milford Poker, Ozy Poker, DanePoker, ChasersPoker, Dawgg House Poker, Solar Poker , NewfieDog Poker, PokerPrat, PokerRetreat, Poker8, Grandpa’s Poker, PokerSharkz, ZeroRisk Poker, K9 Poker Room, SlyDawgPoker, Gunslingers Poker Room.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

PokerDream Network Goes to Sleep Updated 03/03/2008

Apparently, PokerDream’s site is back online with limited functionality, and its management has issued an announcement providing some information on the current status of the PokerDream network. It reads, in part:

As you know one of our deposit methods have been major ************. In January and February we unfortunately were the victims of credit card fraud by a group of players in Great Britain and Finland. This group managed to credit accounts with over $30,000 in funds. By the time we were notified by the Credit Card companies these deposits had been played in the system and distributed out to other players in ring games during play as well as player to player transfers. A good portion of these deposited funds were also paid out to the players committing the fraud via our other e-Wallet funding methods. As of 2 weeks ago our Credit Card merchant account was closed due to this fraudulent activity and the merchant kept the entire amount PokerDream had in reserves. Currently PokerDream is speaking with its major investors in an attempt to get additional funding to recover from the losses incurred by this fraudulent act. PokerDream is disputing the loss of the reserve cash we had with the Credit Card merchant however this process could take a considerable amount of time to resolve with our company lawyers. We are working very hard to resolve this loss with our investor group so that we can continue business as usual and payout the players due.

SlyDawg
    SlyDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi I was just told that my forum name SlyDawgPoker had a skin on this PokerDream Network.

That is totally false and I would like my name to be removed from this post. I sent an e-mail into the site where you got your info from and hopefully I hear back from them soon.

I have run tournaments at that site but never had a skin of my own.

DawggHouse has a skin BUT NOT SlyDawgPoker.

SlyDawg
    SlyDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I want to clarify this post and a terrible injustice that people post things that are very inaccurate.

SLYDAWGPOKER never....I say NEVER had a skin on the PokerDream Network.

And until I get these people to change that I guess I have to try to do what I can to protect the integrity of MY FORUM.

SlyDawgPoker is a FORUM not a poker skin of any Poker Network.