1. #1
    beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-18-14
    Posts: 2,799
    Betpoints: 6622

    Vegas daily tourneys

    Heading to Vegas for basically 24 hours (long story) this Tuesday and other than craps would like to play some daily tourneys (I’m assuming these are still a thing.) Any thoughts on the best ones to play during the week? Staying at MGM but don’t care how close it is. Just want an entertaining game. Thanks.

    PS. also will take food advice for my one night there.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  2. #2
    Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-09
    Posts: 5,073
    Betpoints: 8473

    This link will show you a tournament schedule with relevant info like juice, structure, rebuys, etc.

    For restaurants Mon Ami Gabi at Paris is a great, affordable option if you're with a lady. The Bellagio buffet is very good if you're alone and want to stuff yourself with great food. California Pizza Kitchen at Mirage is good just as long as you don't order pizza. Off strip, Lotus of Siam is internationally famous for it's northern Thai food. It's affordable, but I'm in the minority in thinking it's overrated.

    GL. Have fun.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/24/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/13/2022


  3. #3
    beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-18-14
    Posts: 2,799
    Betpoints: 6622

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    This link will show you a tournament schedule with relevant info like juice, structure, rebuys, etc.

    For restaurants Mon Ami Gabi at Paris is a great, affordable option if you're with a lady. The Bellagio buffet is very good if you're alone and want to stuff yourself with great food. California Pizza Kitchen at Mirage is good just as long as you don't order pizza. Off strip, Lotus of Siam is internationally famous for it's northern Thai food. It's affordable, but I'm in the minority in thinking it's overrated.

    GL. Have fun.
    Awesome. Great info. Thanks. Will be solo on this trip.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  4. #4
    Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-09
    Posts: 5,073
    Betpoints: 8473

    Quote Originally Posted by beavis13 View Post
    Awesome. Great info. Thanks. Will be solo on this trip.
    How was Vegas? What's the poker like now?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/24/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/13/2022


  5. #5
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 24,791
    Betpoints: 30413

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    How was Vegas? What's the poker like now?
    I'm guessing you don't live there anymore?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/20/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/17/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/13/2022

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  6. #6
    Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-09
    Posts: 5,073
    Betpoints: 8473

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I'm guessing you don't live there anymore?
    Correct. My mom has serious medical problems, so I moved back to the east coast several years ago to be her caregiver.

    I'm itching to get back to Vegas when/if I get the chance. Poker is pretty good here, but New Hampshire ain't Vegas in multiple respects.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/24/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/13/2022


  7. #7
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 24,791
    Betpoints: 30413

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Correct. My mom has serious medical problems, so I moved back to the east coast several years ago to be her caregiver.

    I'm itching to get back to Vegas when/if I get the chance. Poker is pretty good here, but New Hampshire ain't Vegas in multiple respects.
    Sorry to hear about your Mom, you are a good son.

    How is she doing?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/20/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/17/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/13/2022

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  8. #8
    Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-09
    Posts: 5,073
    Betpoints: 8473

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Mom, you are a good son.

    How is she doing?
    Kind of you to ask. Alzheimer's and parkinson's are a tough combo. She needs 24/7 care, but we manage.
    Points Awarded:

    JAKEPEAVY21 gave Ian 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/24/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/13/2022


  9. #9
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 24,791
    Betpoints: 30413

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Kind of you to ask. Alzheimer's and parkinson's are a tough combo. She needs 24/7 care, but we manage.
    Man that must be really tough but you have to do what you have to do.

    I'm dreading the day something serious happens to my parents but they are getting up there and it's inevitable at some point.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/20/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/17/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/13/2022

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


Top