beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Vegas daily tourneys

Heading to Vegas for basically 24 hours (long story) this Tuesday and other than craps would like to play some daily tourneys (I’m assuming these are still a thing.) Any thoughts on the best ones to play during the week? Staying at MGM but don’t care how close it is. Just want an entertaining game. Thanks.

PS. also will take food advice for my one night there.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33492

This link will show you a tournament schedule with relevant info like juice, structure, rebuys, etc.

For restaurants Mon Ami Gabi at Paris is a great, affordable option if you're with a lady. The Bellagio buffet is very good if you're alone and want to stuff yourself with great food. California Pizza Kitchen at Mirage is good just as long as you don't order pizza. Off strip, Lotus of Siam is internationally famous for it's northern Thai food. It's affordable, but I'm in the minority in thinking it's overrated.

GL. Have fun.

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    This link will show you a tournament schedule with relevant info like juice, structure, rebuys, etc.

For restaurants Mon Ami Gabi at Paris is a great, affordable option if you're with a lady. The Bellagio buffet is very good if you're alone and want to stuff yourself with great food. California Pizza Kitchen at Mirage is good just as long as you don't order pizza. Off strip, Lotus of Siam is internationally famous for it's northern Thai food. It's affordable, but I'm in the minority in thinking it's overrated.

GL. Have fun.
    Awesome. Great info. Thanks. Will be solo on this trip.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by beavis13 View Post
    Awesome. Great info. Thanks. Will be solo on this trip.
    How was Vegas? What's the poker like now?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47622

How was Vegas? What's the poker like now?
    I'm guessing you don't live there anymore?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I'm guessing you don't live there anymore?
    Correct. My mom has serious medical problems, so I moved back to the east coast several years ago to be her caregiver.

I'm itching to get back to Vegas when/if I get the chance. Poker is pretty good here, but New Hampshire ain't Vegas in multiple respects.

JAKEPEAVY21

Correct. My mom has serious medical problems, so I moved back to the east coast several years ago to be her caregiver.

I'm itching to get back to Vegas when/if I get the chance. Poker is pretty good here, but New Hampshire ain't Vegas in multiple respects.
    Sorry to hear about your Mom, you are a good son.

How is she doing?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Mom, you are a good son.

How is she doing?
    Kind of you to ask. Alzheimer's and parkinson's are a tough combo. She needs 24/7 care, but we manage.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave Ian 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

Kind of you to ask. Alzheimer's and parkinson's are a tough combo. She needs 24/7 care, but we manage.
    Man that must be really tough but you have to do what you have to do.

I'm dreading the day something serious happens to my parents but they are getting up there and it's inevitable at some point.