JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

NBA Player Props Question

Yesterday(March 9th) I had 2 Player Prop bets on Rodney Stuckey. 1 with Bodog and 1 with 5Dimes. I bet under on both. Stuckey played for 16 minutes and had 3 points and 1 assist. I won both bets(so I thought). Bodog honored my win but I noticed that 5Dimes had canceled my bet. When I went into 5Dimes live chat they initially told me that Stuckey did not play. I informed them that he did indeed play and he even scored 3 points. They then told me that he did not start and that's why my bet was canceled. WTF? I had no idea that this rule applied to Basketball. Am I a moron for not knowing this rule or are they just trying to rip me off? Any help is appreciated as always.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

total ripoff players never have to start lol. what a fkn joke

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

I have never had a problem with 5dimes and I recommend them to anyone who asks. But it seems like they have a number of these voided bet issues with their props, more so than other books. But it looks like they have you on this one.

Here is the rule listed on their website under "General Rules".

Proposition bets must have all participants involved in wager play for action. Routine starting players must start the game for action.

http://www.5dimes.com/sb_rules.html

You might still have a case, this ones very tricky though. Stuckey has started about 70% of the games this season. He also started 10 out of the previous 11, prior to your game in question. But they dont define what a "routine starting player" is anywhere, so maybe you have a case. Try again to rectify with 5Dimes directly. If that doesnt work you can file a complaint with SBR and they'll take a look at it. Though if its a small wager I wouldnt bother, its not worth the trouble. Just consider it lesson learned.
    Last edited by ehp6737; 03-10-11 at 07:46 PM.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

EHP full of information.
    What is the definition of a 'routine starting player?. Routine is playing 5 out of 10? 15 of 30? I say try again bro, good luck.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Thanks for your help ehp... I called 5Dimes and they told me the same thing... "the player did not start". My wager was only $80 so it's not a big deal I guess but it's kind of frustrating. What I plan to do now is look at all my LOSING bets(and I know there are many) and make sure that all of the players started. I kind of want to nail them on this although I know I will probably lose. Thanks again for your help.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Thanks for your help ehp... I called 5Dimes and they told me the same thing... "the player did not start". My wager was only $80 so it's not a big deal I guess but it's kind of frustrating. What I plan to do now is look at all my LOSING bets(and I know there are many) and make sure that all of the players started. I kind of want to nail them on this although I know I will probably lose. Thanks again for your help.

Yea this situation sucks. They probably weren't sure if Mcgrady was playing, otherwise they wouldn't of had Stuckey up as a prop bet. Would of been interesting if the prop went over, if they would of graded it as a loss or a cancel. Let us know if you look through your past bets and one of them were off.

Because they usually only list starters for prop bets, not people coming off the bench.