TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

Got Rear ended by a drunk

Dude hits me at 5 in the afternoon, i go to pull into a parking lot to take care of it, he takes off, I chase his dumb ass down and he figures he better pull over. Steps out of the car stumbling, stinks of alcohol. mumbling about how he is sorry. Keeps telling me not to call the cops, I message the wife have her call the cops, dude keeps stumbling around telling me he's going to take care of it.

Cops get there, take my info, look at the damage, send me on my way. Cop just called me back, guy blew a .307.

No insurance, at least he claimed, now he tells the cop he does have insurance after he got a ticket for that. Wants the cop to give him my number so he can take care of it out of pocket.

Not a lot of damage, he hit the hitch on my truck and bent the wire connector up. I bet a shop will tell me the whole hitch needs replaced though. Think I'm going to be a dick and turn it into his insurance, shouldn't have tried to run from me.

Buried_PIRATE
    Shaved my chest.
    Buried_PIRATE's Avatar Become A Pro!

drunk drivers r scum

Flyers21
    Flyers21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take him for what you can get. Dude could have killed someone.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

yep, def report it to insurance

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Thank God it was only 5 and you didn't blow a .2 yourself!

Absolutely turn it in to his insurance.

.307 at 5pm is a solid day's work....if it was 2am I'd have no problem

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85392

You are not being a dick by getting his insurance to pay for damage he caused to you or your truck. The .307 will do damage to his insurance beyond anything you will do, and you did the right thing getting him off the road.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

drunk drivers are scum . make life hard for him now.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey pal it could be worse

my friend got rear ended by a f\*g, now we never let him live that down

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

That's a 10000 fender bender. Glad he didn't kill anyone.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Fuk him...make him pay for potential damage. Insurance and I hope he goes to the klink

MEATHEAD
    MEATHEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I hope that whiplash doesn't give you problems the rest of your life.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8224

I don't know how you didn't slug him. I would be so mad I don't know if I would be able to stop from hauling off and popping someone like this. Probably wouldn't because he's defenseless.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

This is a cool story bro. You should start a blog, maybe write a novel or something.

Manaconda
    Manaconda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

he cant afford to pay insurance, yet he says hes gonna take care of it out of pocket? Take him for everything you can.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Drain the guy dry.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

If he does not have insurance, make sure that you appear at the restitution hearing. The court depending on what state you are located at will order restitution as part of his probation. So make sure you save all your receipts and paperwork to present if you want any reimbursements.

lonesomeloser
    lonesomeloser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TWEETS View Post
    Dude hits me at 5 in the afternoon, i go to pull into a parking lot to take care of it, he takes off, I chase his dumb ass down and he figures he better pull over. Steps out of the car stumbling, stinks of alcohol. mumbling about how he is sorry. Keeps telling me not to call the cops, I message the wife have her call the cops, dude keeps stumbling around telling me he's going to take care of it.

Cops get there, take my info, look at the damage, send me on my way. Cop just called me back, guy blew a .307.

No insurance, at least he claimed, now he tells the cop he does have insurance after he got a ticket for that. Wants the cop to give him my number so he can take care of it out of pocket.

Not a lot of damage, he hit the hitch on my truck and bent the wire connector up. I bet a shop will tell me the whole hitch needs replaced though. Think I'm going to be a dick and turn it into his insurance, shouldn't have tried to run from me.
    Hey tweets, is your missus still fukking around on ya with your mate? How did things turn out? Give us an update pal

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    I don't know how you didn't slug him. I would be so mad I don't know if I would be able to stop from hauling off and popping someone like this. Probably wouldn't because he's defenseless.
    Kinda like fighting a retard, you kick his ass and oh wow you beat up a drunk, you lose and you never hear the end of it.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

If you don't turn it over to insurance, you may never get anything. A DUI is going to show up anyway, so it's not like you're saving him from anything.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

If it turns out he doesn't have insurance, let the cops know so he gets that ticket.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Gulch View Post
    If you don't turn it over to insurance, you may never get anything. A DUI is going to show up anyway, so it's not like you're saving him from anything.

If he doesn't have insurance, make sure you contact the D.A., restitution will be part of his probation, if in fact he gets it