tom1961
    tom1961's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a bookie question

I just need to know an answer from someone that really knows. I have a local bookie that I was using the last 2 weeks. Last week and part of this week I was losing and in the hole for about $800. On Sunday I hit all of my plays. Well, I went to place my bet for last night and before I even bet the bookie told me that he never was able to reach the next chain of command on the bookie chain to get anybody's bet in on the Nevada/ BC game. I hit my play and this bookie never called me and said the bet was no good until he told me last night. In my opinion that is not my problem. He takes the local bets and passes them on to the next higher level. If I get my bet placed with this local, then I think that is all I should have to be concerned with. What is the right thing here????

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Quote Originally Posted by tom1961 View Post
    I just need to know an answer from someone that really knows. I have a local bookie that I was using the last 2 weeks. Last week and part of this week I was losing and in the hole for about $800. On Sunday I hit all of my plays. Well, I went to place my bet for last night and before I even bet the bookie told me that he never was able to reach the next chain of command on the bookie chain to get anybody's bet in on the Nevada/ BC game. I hit my play and this bookie never called me and said the bet was no good until he told me last night. In my opinion that is not my problem. He takes the local bets and passes them on to the next higher level. If I get my bet placed with this local, then I think that is all I should have to be concerned with. What is the right thing here????
    Yes.

If he does not give you the win, Then its time to get a new Book.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

you are right morally- he is right because youre probably not going to break HIS kneecaps so he can do whatever he wants. this is the argument for betting online. not really that much you can do here.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Not much you can do apart from stop using bookies and sign up at an A+ rated book.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Unless you are willing to "go there" with him, you are going to have to charge it to the game.

That is the problem with engaging in activity that is illegal in your area. You can't get recourse from the law. And if you get recourse yourself, you could get caught, and put yourself in legal jeopardy.

If you let it slide, and bet with him again without getting credit for the win, you are crazy, though.

Move on to another bookie.

tom1961
    tom1961's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have quit betting with him and I am counting that non-bet on his part as a win for me and I will pay him what I actually owe him. Am I right or wrong?

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

count the win, he thinks you are weak and he's trying to hustle you

i suggest you find another bookie, or better yet go online, atleast online if there is a dispute you have sbr to go to

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

I would **** his mother.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea, the bets not going to count.

He makes the rules, he probably knows that you will not do anything to him.

Go find another local, or bet online.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

your 100% right , he was gambling yd lose but you won ,so needs to pay you

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

sounds like a ongoing problem...........depending on your amount of wager he might of thought you were going to lose in which he pocketed the cash.In most cases if not placed calls go out right away. new book is in order