1. #1
    Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-04-09
    Posts: 46,492
    Betpoints: 11076

    Ohio State Buckeyes might be an immortal deadbolt lock! +500

    OSU is quietly recruiting a mega team. They are poaching the top players from many other top programs. They are freaking loaded with talent. Ryan Day is in a must win now mode. They opened up the coffers and buying players by the boat load.

    Michigan and Bama both will take a hit without Harbaugh and Saban. It doesn't seem possible the Buckeyes don't make the playoffs and may be able to hedge a game.

    $100 to win $500 or $1,000 to win $5,000 seems like a good bet, even though I don't like to hold my money up for so long.

  2. #2
    hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-28-08
    Posts: 7,856
    Betpoints: 4178

    I'm not sold on Day regardless of the talent. It will help that Harbaugh is gone though. He will now have a chance to beat UM. I'm not sold on him in general though so no thanks!
    Points Awarded:

    Mac4Lyfe gave hehfest 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  3. #3
    unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-08
    Posts: 28,137
    Betpoints: 121

    You are forgetting the fact that the Big 10 won't be so pathetic anymore that 99% of their schedule are basically byes. They will actually have to play 3 or 4 teams with the same talent as them. No more playing teams in the conference championship that have no business being in any conference championship game.
    Points Awarded:

    Mac4Lyfe gave unde0087 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  4. #4
    Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-04-09
    Posts: 46,492
    Betpoints: 11076

    Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I'm not sold on Day regardless of the talent. It will help that Harbaugh is gone though. He will now have a chance to beat UM. I'm not sold on him in general though so no thanks!
    I totally agree on Day. He's had good talent and still couldn't win the big one but I love picking up Bill O'Brien. He will most likely keep Day in line. That plus the talent they have. I really don't see O'Brien screwing up a stacked roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    You are forgetting the fact that the Big 10 won't be so pathetic anymore that 99% of their schedule are basically byes. They will actually have to play 3 or 4 teams with the same talent as them. No more playing teams in the conference championship that have no business being in any conference championship game.
    The 4 western teams joining the Big 10 are pretty much losing a lot of talent, especially the QBs. I don't trust Gabriel or Moore coming to Oregon. Who's going to replace Caleb Williams at USC or Michael Penix JR. I don't believe in Will Rogers. Garbers at UCLA... haha. OSU is heads and shoulders above all of them. Michigan is losing most of their dynamic lines and Harbaugh. OSU will be favored in every game next year. Even if they lose a game or even 2, with this new alignment, they should still get in the playoffs. By then, that team should be clicking on all cylinders. Bama will be down, same for Michigan. Georgia is really the major threat. That's where we hedge.

  5. #5
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 31,388
    Betpoints: 24745

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    OSU is quietly recruiting a mega team. They are poaching the top players from many other top programs. They are freaking loaded with talent. Ryan Day is in a must win now mode. They opened up the coffers and buying players by the boat load.

    Michigan and Bama both will take a hit without Harbaugh and Saban. It doesn't seem possible the Buckeyes don't make the playoffs and may be able to hedge a game.

    $100 to win $500 or $1,000 to win $5,000 seems like a good bet, even though I don't like to hold my money up for so long.
    Will the QB be Cam Ward?

    Heard this stuff on the Pat McAfee show. To Mac's point, the Ohio St alums are saying "No more bullshit." Three straight losses to Mich.

    For Day to save his job, he has to beat Michigan at a minimum. And make headway in the ncaa playoffs.

  6. #6
    unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-08
    Posts: 28,137
    Betpoints: 121

    Well OSU offense wasn't much this year Mac. They lost their QB, who wasn't that good anyways. I haven't been paying attention to anything but I am assuming they won't have basically their whole offense in Marvin Jones Jr anymore so it isn't like they will be in any better position than anyone else IMO.

  7. #7
    Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-04-09
    Posts: 46,492
    Betpoints: 11076

    The OSU Alums have reached in their pockets and are not playing fair anymore. They are paying out tens of millions for the top recruits. It's insane. No one is out paying the Bucks. Even CJ Stroud just gave them a few million to recruit. Trust me when I say, most people do not know how stacked they are right now. That line is coming down in the next few months. Get it now.

  8. #8
    gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 33,724
    Betpoints: 13128

    Will Day stop painting his beard?????????

  9. #9
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 10,271
    Betpoints: 8960

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    OSU is quietly recruiting a mega team. They are poaching the top players from many other top programs. They are freaking loaded with talent. Ryan Day is in a must win now mode. They opened up the coffers and buying players by the boat load.

    Michigan and Bama both will take a hit without Harbaugh and Saban. It doesn't seem possible the Buckeyes don't make the playoffs and may be able to hedge a game.

    $100 to win $500 or $1,000 to win $5,000 seems like a good bet, even though I don't like to hold my money up for so long.
    Ohio State’s recruiting success continues with the commitment of Class of 2025 five-star cornerback Na’eem Offord. The Buckeyes dipped into the SEC footprint for Offord, who plays at Parker High School in Birmingham, Ala.
    He is ranked No. 5 overall and the No. 1 cornerback in the class in the 247Sports Composite. He is the eighth commitment in Ohio State’s 2025 class and the second five-star prospect.

  10. #10
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 10,271
    Betpoints: 8960

    Going into Alabama and taking the state's #1 recruit

  11. #11
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,862
    Betpoints: 10981

    dominating but let's park this until August please

  12. #12
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,862
    Betpoints: 10981

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The OSU Alums have reached in their pockets and are not playing fair anymore. They are paying out tens of millions for the top recruits. It's insane. No one is out paying the Bucks. Even CJ Stroud just gave them a few million to recruit. Trust me when I say, most people do not know how stacked they are right now. That line is coming down in the next few months. Get it now.
    i am quite aware

    they have dominated since 12/1 in the transfer portal, NIL and recruiting.

  13. #13
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 10,271
    Betpoints: 8960

  14. #14
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,862
    Betpoints: 10981

    Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    bill o brien left so they snagged chip

  15. #15
    RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-13
    Posts: 827
    Betpoints: 7229

    Georgia and Ohio State will be the clear top 2 favorites to begin next year. It was a shock that 5 of OSU's best players are coming back instead of opting for the NFL. Add the 2 Bama transfers and Howard from KSU and Judkins from Ole Miss if Day doesnt get to the NC game and beat Michigan he will be gone for sure.
    Texas and Ole Miss are probably the biggest threats to Georgia and OSU next year.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

  16. #16
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,862
    Betpoints: 10981

    Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Georgia and Ohio State will be the clear top 2 favorites to begin next year. It was a shock that 5 of OSU's best players are coming back instead of opting for the NFL. Add the 2 Bama transfers and Howard from KSU and Judkins from Ole Miss if Day doesnt get to the NC game and beat Michigan he will be gone for sure.
    Texas and Ole Miss are probably the biggest threats to Georgia and OSU next year.

    wr harrison was osu's best player in 2023 and it was not even close.


    but yes, many of the other top players coming back and they also added some new ones.

  17. #17
    edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-11
    Posts: 2,818
    Betpoints: 5030

    Never under estimate that Ryan Day has a great ability to lose big games.

  18. #18
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 10,271
    Betpoints: 8960

    Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Never under estimate that Ryan Day has a great ability to lose big games.
    He might be this generationís John Cooper.
    Points Awarded:

    edawg gave bjb7223 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.


Top