DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR Aristocracy

Michigan should be disqualified for the playoffs and any Bowl game

Assuming everything is true, and it must be if they suspended the HC for 3 games, they should not be bowl eligible or eligible for the playoffs if they end up in the top 4. The 5th place team should take their spot.

Sorry Michigan fans.

I am sure everyone will agree.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator

Rush to judgement much Dwight?

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Rush to judgement much Dwight?
    Am I? Why was Harbaugh suspended?

I did say assuming its true that they cheated. If it is true and they did in fact cheat, then how could this team play in any bowl game or for the national championship. They simply cannot be allowed to.

stevenash

It's all good, Woody Johnson will open that big fat Johnson & Johnson check book of his, present Harbaugh with a blank check and say "here you go Jim, fill in the amount and come coach my team next season and for how many seasons you want thereafter"

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Assuming everything is true, and it must be if they suspended the HC for 3 games, they should not be bowl eligible or eligible for the playoffs if they end up in the top 4. The 5th place team should take their spot.

Sorry Michigan fans.

i am shocked that you would say this with your beloved Donnie Trump on trial for so many things he did not do :-)

witch hunt on Jimmy Harbaugh also? ;-)

homie1975

Sorry Michigan fans.

ahhhhh

i get it.

sarcasm.

homie1975

when in doubt, when we do wrong, just shout out "rush to judgment" and "witch hunt".

dobbs decision crushed the Right.

it's over Dwight.

move to Canada.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    i am shocked that you would say this with your beloved Donnie Trump on trial for so many things he did not do :-)

witch hunt on Jimmy Harbaugh also? ;-)
    Naw man you are completely missing the point it seems. Probably on purpose but I wouldn't be surprised it it wasn't. Trump is on trial because the the weaponization of the justice department and the FBI. He's a huge threat to what they are doing if he's allowed to be president again. That's why Obama lied to the fisa court and spied on his complain and that is why they throwing all these charges at him hoping one will stick. Intellectually honest people can see this and that is why these indictments have only helped Trump in the polls.

Anyways, this isn't about Trump.

If Michigan cheated, do you think they should be allowed to play for the national championship? A bowl game? If so, then why?

Itsamazing777
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

It's a level 1 violation per ncaa. The penalty is not severe. If the ncaa really thought it made that much a difference they would have set the punishment as much worse in the handbook

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

It’s nothing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

DwightShrute

when in doubt, when we do wrong, just shout out "rush to judgment" and "witch hunt".

dobbs decision crushed the Right.

it's over Dwight.

move to Canada.
    The Dobbs decision only gave the power to murder babies to each individual State. It didn't ban abortion. They gave power back to the people. Seems reasonable to me. Last I saw, murder was illegal. Are there exceptions for killing another person? Sure. Same with abortion. Incest and rape I agree there should be.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 11-13-23 at 11:47 AM.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

James Franklin all in favor, that way he can back into another Rose Bowl and get a huge bonus.

homie1975

The Dobbs decision only gave the power to murder babies to each individual State. It didn't ban abortion. They gave power back to the people. Seems reasonable to me. Last I saw, murder was illegal. Are there exceptions for killing another person? Sure. Same with abortion. Incest and rape I agree there should be.
    how about if the mother's life is in danger due to the pregnancy.

ever heard of this before? probably not.

DwightShrute

how about if the mother's life is in danger due to the pregnancy.

ever heard of this before? probably not.
    ya I agree. I forgot that one. Make sense to me.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR Aristocracy

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    It’s less than nothing.
    Fixed your post.

stevenash

"It rarely ends well for head football coaches and sports talk show hosts"

-Colin Cowherd

homie1975

to those who are saying this is nothing or less than nothing, you are completely wrong. you will see. the punishment will be fast-tracked and will take place in the offseason and harbaugh will leave michigan prior to fall 2024.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar BARRELED IN @ SBR!

No dog in the fight here but seems like the NCAA is on a witch hunt with Harbaugh.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    No dog in the fight here but seems like the NCAA is on a witch hunt with Harbaugh.
    Agree.

Loved the second half Michigan statement to the Big 10.

"This is what we think of this, we're going to stick it up Penn State's ass and run the ball up their gut 2000 consecutive times and humiliate them in their own back yard"

Speaking of the Big Ten and Penn State this is the very same conference that tried to look away from the Paterno/Sandusky scandal, like a child raping incident is OK but God forbid some waterboy is accused of stealing signals.

homie1975

they have not doled out any punishment. first 3 games sitting out was a self imposed ban by michigan for 2020 recruiting violations. this latest suspension for 3 games is by the B1G commish.

DwightShrute

I am not saying you are wrong but what if they did steal signs? Forget Harbaugh for a second. Should they allow cheating to go unpunished?

I agree with Smith here earlier today. The first 2:27 says it all.

JAKEPEAVY21

Agree.

"This is what we think of this, we're going to stick it up Penn State's ass and run the ball up their gut 2000 consecutive times and humiliate them in their own back yard"

Speaking of the Big Ten and Penn State this is the very same conference that tried to look away from the Paterno/Sandusky scandal, like a child raping incident is OK but God forbid some waterboy is accused of stealing signals.
    Seems like the players have taken the us against the world mentality.

I wonder why teams don't change or at least slightly alter their signs each week?

Why not get rid of it altogether and put communication in the QBs helmet like in the NFL and all of this sign stealing becomes a non factor?

JAKEPEAVY21

I am not saying you are wrong but what if they did steal signs? Forget Harbaugh for a second. Should they allow cheating to go unpunished?

I agree with Smith here earlier today. The first 2:27 says it all.

Other big 10 teams supposedly figured out Michigan's signs and shared them with future opponents...I feel like every team does it to an extent.

Maybe suspend him for a few games but I don't feel like the players should get punished and I question if they won any games that they would have otherwise lost doing it?

I have never once heard a coach say we lost the game due to them knowing our signs.

I honestly feel like it is being way overblown.

I don't really want to hear Stephen A smith's opinion on the matter lol

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR MVP

NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

False Charges are TOO often Made.

The LEFT is RELENTLESS.....................

FJB & the left

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    James Franklin all in favor, that way he can back into another Rose Bowl and get a huge bonus.
    I think Franklin is getting ready to replace Bill Belichick.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

Yes. It seems they are targeting him

You have to think it's because he banged the table before the season started for players to get a piece of the massive TV revenue

Now NCAA is trying to run him off

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator

Agree.

Exactly. Clown show of leadership. They leaked it to ESPN while the team was in the air. Weak. Didn’t even call them and tell them direct.

mjsuax13

Also- they were always going to pound Penn State. James Franklin can fire every single coordinator he has. He is the weak link.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Also- they were always going to pound Penn State. James Franklin can fire every single coordinator he has. He is the weak link.
    The other weak weak weak link is whomever had the "smats" to hire him. That guy has to be a genius or "they" have to be.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    The other weak weak weak link is whomever had the "smats" to hire him. That guy has to be a genius or "they" have to be.
    Sandusky

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

The difference is that Harbaugh is a full-fledged witch.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Exactly. Clown show of leadership. They leaked it to ESPN while the team was in the air. Weak. Didn’t even call them and tell them direct.
    UM has not cooperated at all with the investigation the NCAA and B1G has conducted.. they do not deserve respect by the B1G.

homie1975

harbaugh folded like a little bytch and accepted the 3 game suspension.

i thought he was looking forward to "due process" tomorrow? btw the NCAA continues to investigate. they will find even more damning evidence :-)