bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

Express vpn is very good but do not use it for gambling

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18995

If you want the best for personal freedom and finance transaction security get Proton. If you want the fastest streaming and most US locations at a bargain price get Surfshark. If you want near best at both and overall best value for money get Nord. Nothing against Express as a service but it's a #4 choice and the parent company has a questionable past.

Avoid Vypr, (product is falling apart and the new US owner is a red flag). I have 1 year of their service left but i've already bought Proton, (rare Black Friday deal - now expired), to replace it. PIA, CyberGhost and Zenmate are owned by the same company, (owner of Express), and are slowly being merged. With previous free trails of these products i've seen DNS, drop-out, and security issues.

If I was in the US i'd probably pay for Nord or Surfshark depending on need and have Proton's free service for most secure needs.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Do you know if TunnelBear is ok Semibluff?

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18995

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Do you know if TunnelBear is ok Semibluff?
    The reviews are decent but i've never bothered with their free trial. 500mb isn't really enough to see what works or not. Just a few speed tests in different locations will chew through that. It's not any cheaper than VPNs that have been reliable. You'd have to constantly check the DNS and IP location sites to know if there were potential problems. I wouldn't talk anyone out of trying it, or Express for that matter.

For most people most of the VPNs will be adequate. However, if you're making financial transactions you want the DNS servers to match the IP location, (haven't tried but would be a MUST in the gambling World). Privado is a decent free VPN with a 10GB per month allowance but occasionally the London IP will use Netherlands DNS servers and that could potentially cause a UK betting company to suspend an account for betting in a non legal jurisdiction. Even if you set the DNS to Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 server it resets the DNS to default whenever you change IP location or VPN protocol. The Zenmate tri-pact had fewer but similar issues. I had a Gmail account suspended with them because the DNS didn't match the IP. I've had eBay and Amazon accounts suspended using Vypr. Many VPNs use Netherlands servers for all their European locations.

Some other VPNs use Google servers which defeats the object of trying to avoiding tracking and logging. Some VPNs use virtual locations. Sometimes they'll get the IP and DNS right but if the ping test gives an unusually high or low number for the location it's a potential detection that the location is artificial.

You need to have a very clear idea of what you want the VPN to do because there isn't a single 'best for every user' option out there.