jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

No one on either side of the warming debate are going to change their mind no matter what!
    What concerns me about warming, and I say this because of the arguments that Average temps have changed many times over millions/billions of years with multiple ice ages and then the earth warming again.
    The last ice age ended 12000 years ago they say, and over that time the Earth's average temp has risen just under 6 degrees ( that's the average temp for all of earth) that's 0.5 degrees every 1000 years.
    In the last 100 years it has rose between 1.5 and 2. If you go with the 1.5 that's 15 degrees every 1000.
    I agree it may not, in my life time cause a huge difference in what we see, 6 inch rise in sea level over 100 years you want notice unless you are measuring it regularly you cant eye ball it and see a difference, but if that rate continues there will be major changes to a lot of things that are naturally on earth!
    In the next century or before.
    But if that rate don't slow it will be a big problem I understand a lot of people only worry about today and tomorrow and have no sight beyond that!
    From about 3000 years ago to about 100 years ago sea levels naturally rose and declined slightly with little, over all change in trend.
    Over the past 100 years global temps have risen 1degree C or 1.8 degrees F with sea level response to that warming totaling about 160 to 210 mm or about 6 to 8 inches and half of that rise has happened since 1993, and the current rate is unprecedented over the last several millennia.
    If you are not concerned, that is your right, it concerns me
    Last edited by jackpot269; 12-25-22 at 03:53 PM.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    A lot of pussies here
    I have my Snap On tools heated jacket. I can handle anything.

jackpot269

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I have my Snap On tools heated jacket. I can handle anything.
    snap on got some excellent products

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    No one on either side of the warming debate are going to change their mind no matter what!
    What concerns me about warming, and I say this because of the arguments that Average temps have changed many times over millions/billions of years with multiple ice ages and then the earth warming again.
    The last ice age ended 12000 years ago they say, and over that time the Earth's average temp has risen just under 6 degrees ( that's the average temp for all of earth) that's 0.5 degrees every 1000 years.
    In the last 100 years it has rose between 1.5 and 2. If you go with the 1.5 that's 15 degrees every 1000.
    I agree it may not, in my life time cause a huge difference in what we see, 6 inch rise in sea level over 100 years you want notice unless you are measuring it regularly you cant eye ball it and see a difference, but if that rate continues there will be major changes to a lot of things that are naturally on earth!
    In the next century or before.
    But if that rate don't slow it will be a big problem I understand a lot of people only worry about today and tomorrow and have no sight beyond that!
    From about 3000 years ago to about 100 years ago sea levels naturally rose and declined slightly with little, over all change in trend.
    Over the past 100 years global temps have risen 1degree C or 1.8 degrees F with sea level response to that warming totaling about 160 to 210 mm or about 6 to 8 inches and half of that rise has happened since 1993, and the current rate is unprecedented over the last several millennia.
    If you are not concerned, that is your right, it concerns me
    I'd worry more about a biological disease outbreak like Covid or worse or a nuclear war over Climate change right now.

Sure 8 billion people on this earth are probably shitting on this planet but it's not at an alarming rate like the fake news, democratic party and paid to play scientists are telling us all.

The air I'm breathing in today seems clean and fresh and I'll say again the OCEANS ARE NOT RISING because of global warming as I can visually see in my life time so far.

RELAX all and enjoy Christmas!

jackpot269

Merry Christmas Jibby!!

First 123