Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 117

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    TV $$$ trumps fans in pro sports today.

I was a big Washington fan in the days of Sonny Jergensen, I loved that guy Manster. Still kicking at 89.
    Sonny and Sam! (Jurgensen and Huff)...two all-time great HOF's to ever wear the burgundy and gold! and one of the greatest combos in sports radio back in the 80's and 90's! listening to them was nostalgic, exciting, and riveting! When Dad and I used to watch every game on TV, we would hit the mute button on the screen and turn up the radio during the live telecast!! Made the game a lot more fun, interesting, and enjoyable!

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2406

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I was a SAN DIEGO Chargers fan and they have one of the worst owners in all of sports as well, so i feel the pain of Chicago fans in that respect. Moving the franchise to LA no doubt saved me a lot of heartache and agony the rest of my life.

At least you folks have some championships...I think i will die without any in major sports anyhow.
    Dan Fouts/Kenny Stabler late game was I and my dad's favorite out of town match up in the day Jake.

You guys lost the Clippers too.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2406

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Sonny and Sam! (Jurgensen and Huff)...two all-time great HOF's to ever wear the burgundy and gold! and one of the greatest combos in sports radio back in the 80's and 90's! listening to them was nostalgic, exciting, and riveting! When Dad and I used to watch every game on TV, we would hit the mute button on the screen and turn up the radio during the live telecast!! Made the game a lot more fun, interesting, and enjoyable!
    Bears radio team second to none, my favorite/the way I listen even today. I still miss my dad, my best sports/horse

buddy.
    Last edited by BOA12; 09-27-23 at 08:33 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave BOA12 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mjsuax13 gave BOA12 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 117

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I was a SAN DIEGO Chargers fan and they have one of the worst owners in all of sports as well, so i feel the pain of Chicago fans in that respect. Moving the franchise to LA no doubt saved me a lot of heartache and agony the rest of my life.

At least you folks have some championships...I think i will die without any in major sports anyhow.
    I loved watching those Dan Fouts teams coached by Don Coryell! with Wes Chandler, Charlie Joiner, Kellen Winslow, and very underrated RB Chuck Muncie! They were a joy to watch along with those Joe Montana 49'er teams! if only you guys had some semblance of a defense back in those days you might have won a Lombardi trophy or two!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 46616

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    Dan Fouts/Kenny Stabler late game was I and my dad's favorite out of town match up in the day Jake.

You guys lost the Clippers too.
    I have read about some of the horror stories about how the San Diego Clippers ran their franchise. Thankfully, I was still very young when they left so i did not have to endure any of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I loved watching those Dan Fouts teams coached by Don Coryell! with Wes Chandler, Charlie Joiner, Kellen Winslow, and very underrated RB Chuck Muncie! They were a joy to watch along with those Joe Montana 49'er teams! if only you guys had some semblance of a defense back in those days you might have won a Lombardi trophy or two!
    Damn shame Coryell was dead when he finally got elected into the HOF...
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave JAKEPEAVY21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12949

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Have you seen him throw? Unless it’s a check down the ball is nowhere near any human.
    Lol. That was funny...

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1826

Is the guy waking up from the dead?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 46616

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Is the guy waking up from the dead?
    He has definitely looked WAY better the past 2 games.

Let's see if he can show some consistency and carry it through the rest of the season. I like the kid and am rooting for him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12949

He kinda sucks. Even in the win last night I saw many over throws to open receivers when he had protection that other average QB's in the league would make with ease.

First 1234