Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Weird, but not really worried about whether a QB is an effective tackler.
    How about if he's smart enough to touch a guy on the ground to end a play? It's not like he's the brains of the offense.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1057

Before draft because of bear's play style I said he'd be trubisky 2.0 but he's shown more promise than I thought he would already with bears I think he keeps progressing and bears really start giving some teams headaches next yr

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

More good insight! He has a good head on his shoulders. Very composed. Accurate on the move. Is very mobile. Umm Needs some HELP! Has won 3 games with that crew.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Before draft because of bear's play style I said he'd be trubisky 2.0 but he's shown more promise than I thought he would already with bears I think he keeps progressing and bears really start giving some teams headaches next yr

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8864

Justin Fields is a running threat. Reminds me of Michael Vick a bit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21062

Going to disagree in a major way. Unless the Bears do him dirty (possible), he'll be a top 5 QB within 2-3 seasons. This man is special. Near Lamar athleticism with a better arm. I think he's sharper too, which will show over time. Question is whether Chicago will ever put a team around him like Lamar has always had.

Meatheads that don't know how to watch a game think otherwise. No way Wilson or Lance should have gone ahead of him. And I'd take him over Lawrence too, although I think he can be good also.
    No disrespect... but your comments definitely sound like a Chicago Homer? Fields has legs... and that's about it. His decision making is Ryan Leaf material. He's taken some big hits already this year... it's going to wear on him. He's already losing confidence... he seems like a player that mopes at things rather quickly. Again, if he thought NFL/Chicago was going to be an OHIO STATE cake walk... he's sorely mistaken.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7820

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    No disrespect... but your comments definitely sound like a Chicago Homer? Fields has legs... and that's about it. His decision making is Ryan Leaf material. He's taken some big hits already this year... it's going to wear on him. He's already losing confidence... he seems like a player that mopes at things rather quickly. Again, if he thought NFL/Chicago was going to be an OHIO STATE cake walk... he's sorely mistaken.
    You are not looking so good here bro.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7820

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Justin Fields is a running threat. Reminds me of Michael Vick a bit.
    I would say more like the philly flyer Randall Cunningham.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8133

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I am a Chicago Homer. And I'm also right about Justin Fields, and you're wrong. Yeah, running QB's take big hits, goes with the territory. Always a risk. Everything else you say is just flat out wrong. I doubt he thought the NFL would be a cakewalk. Time will tell. Once he gets acclimated, getting Chase Claypool should help. Next season will be the real test. No excuses. We should know by the end of next season.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

This is going to become a legendary thread.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2587

This is going to become a legendary thread.
    The bears are awful. It's not hard to put up stats when you're team is going no where.

Contact us in 3 years if Fields is in the NFC championship, otherwise, nothing matters.

Always find it so funny when fans get so excited about their players in reg season games.

Same as those nerds on espn, living day to day and week to week.

Big picture or bust.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2200

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The bears are awful. It's not hard to put up stats when you're team is going no where.

Contact us in 3 years if Fields is in the NFC championship, otherwise, nothing matters.

Always find it so funny when fans get so excited about their players in reg season games.

Big picture or bust.
    OK. Let's see how things look after the 2025 season. Bump city.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16271

Big picture or bust.
    No QB will make the conference championship without a good team and Fields doesn't have much to work with. He's the only reason they came close to beating Miami.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23173

Big picture or bust.
    They are looking at the big picture. They have 8 picks in the draft and will be $120 mil under the cap.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    They are looking at the big picture. They have 8 picks in the draft and will be $120 mil under the cap.
    Yeah, I mean if you have a nice haul of draft picks and a lot of money/cap to spend, to go along with a talented cheap young QB, you can overhaul a team quite fast during an offseason. Not an easy feat to pull off, but not impossible either. We'll see if the new Bears regime can do it. Bears may suddenly be a destination team for free agents.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4818

Broke right on again.....Big 10 expert

First 123