1. #1
    iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-09
    Posts: 2,040
    Betpoints: 206

    al michaels was on the chargers spread

    that yesssssssss on the last td

  2. #2
    gauchojake
    Fansplainer
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 32,455
    Betpoints: 8905

    Plus 4 baby

    Was worried they were going to go for two or miss the pat

  3. #3
    Nate rasta
    Nate rasta's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-30-22
    Posts: 1,722
    Betpoints: 1673

    Lol 😆 Brent Musburger gave him the line

  4. #4
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,292
    Betpoints: 5361

    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Plus 4 baby

    Was worried they were going to go for two or miss the pat
    Me too, pretty sure the analytics say going for two there is the move, but most don’t follow it. Was happy they just kicked it

  5. #5
    Easy-Rider 66
    Racetrack Television Network
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-12
    Posts: 31,216
    Betpoints: 2458

    Yeah was on LAC as well I though they should kicked the FG on that 4th down play.

  6. #6
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,292
    Betpoints: 5361

    Woulda been like a 60 yarder though. I understand going for it on 4th and 1 there but what I didn’t at all think they’d do is throw it 35 yards down the middle of the field. What a play there by Herbert. He wins warrior of the month

  7. #7
    Easy-Rider 66
    Racetrack Television Network
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-12
    Posts: 31,216
    Betpoints: 2458

    Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Woulda been like a 60 yarder though. I understand going for it on 4th and 1 there but what I didn’t at all think they’d do is throw it 35 yards down the middle of the field. What a play there by Herbert. He wins warrior of the month

    I am saying 4th and goal not the 60 yard fg

  8. #8
    Easy-Rider 66
    Racetrack Television Network
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-12
    Posts: 31,216
    Betpoints: 2458

    would have been about 57 seconds left to get onside kick and try to score a TD.

  9. #9
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    These guys funny 😄

  10. #10
    pologq
    Make SBR Great Again in 2023
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,223
    Betpoints: 4998

    al michaels is a degen like us with his funny colored hair

  11. #11
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,292
    Betpoints: 5361

    Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    I am saying 4th and goal not the 60 yard fg
    Ah ok, well by then you kinda have to get the touchdown because you’re down the field. You’d have a much greater chance of pulling off the 10 unanswered. But, it can be debated both ways for sure

  12. #12
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 82,726
    Betpoints: 9306

    Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Me too, pretty sure the analytics say going for two there is the move, but most don’t follow it. Was happy they just kicked it
    Remember, the analytics aren't a blanket rule.

    There are variables that can make a difference. Now, when it gets close to the end of the game, and must score situaions, those variables can take a back seat.

    One example is the team's ability to score or make the yardage. If it's less than 50%, things can really change in the formula.

    Not so sure it applied here, these offenses are capable, but you get my drift.

  13. #13
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 82,726
    Betpoints: 9306

    Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    would have been about 57 seconds left to get onside kick and try to score a TD.
    Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post

    Ah ok, well by then you kinda have to get the touchdown because you’re down the field. You’d have a much greater chance of pulling off the 10 unanswered. But, it can be debated both ways for sure
    Tex's lean is probably where they are looking when deciding.

    Game is down to the wire, you need 10, your already down to the 7 yard line. With the offense you have, I think you see them go for the TD more often than not.

    As they get further out in yardage, it changes the picture for sure.

    But if you're near the goal line already, take advantage.

  14. #14
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,046
    Betpoints: 2696

    I asked him when I caddied for him if he bets games. He told me "Only if my wife says it's ok". lol
    Points Awarded:

    KVB gave RangeFinder 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  15. #15
    pologq
    Make SBR Great Again in 2023
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,223
    Betpoints: 4998

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Tex's lean is probably where they are looking when deciding.

    Game is down to the wire, you need 10, your already down to the 7 yard line. With the offense you have, I think you see them go for the TD more often than not.

    As they get further out in yardage, it changes the picture for sure.

    But if you're near the goal line already, take advantage.
    Agreed

    at the 7 with herbert you get the td. if you don't on 3 downs you kick fg and then onside kick.

    onside kick works better too when you just need to get in FG range. hard to drive down again the full field and defense is playing a lot tighter. don't forget too you have to drive down again with tired players from the previous drive.

  16. #16
    thezbar
    that step thing/ f\*\*k cancer
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-06
    Posts: 6,392
    Betpoints: 772

    Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    that yesssssssss on the last td
    I caught the final 40 minutes of last nights game. You could tell from the inflection of Mr. Micheals voice there was more involved than just the play. Shades of Chet Forte.

  17. #17
    stake1
    stake1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-18
    Posts: 17,727
    Betpoints: 194

    The sports bettors announcer

Top