When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

JJ you are our Yoda

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

The most important major rule is take the fukking points!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jackpot269, GunShard, and Jaxartes

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8057

I thought it was pick the winner!!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

Thanks grogu

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24609

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Yep still teaching you guys
    Stop eating up space.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Agreed.... teasers in college are a terrible bet. NFL points are more predictable and a MUCH better bet.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

it depends, if i had unc +1.5 and baylor +8.5 i would have cashed

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20121

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    JJ you are our Yoda
    ^^^^ The only f'n person on the internet that knows how to use "are" and "our". Tomorrow: Their, there, and they're.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I finally stopped last year

Books named teasers for a reason

They tease you to thinking they are juicy

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Does anyone bet 10 pt teasers?

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    ^^^^ The only f'n person on the internet that knows how to use "are" and "our". Tomorrow: Their, there, and they're.
    they're not the best bet according to JJ

jjgold

I’m starting to betting teasers
    Can’t win regardless

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32775

Quote Originally Posted by SlickFazzer View Post
    Does anyone bet 10 pt teasers?
    "Buzzy the Bookie" who took me under his wing back in the day when your pal Nasher had a full set of hair and the T-Rex grazed my daddy's backyard lawn for grass once told me "Billy, stay away from wagers that require multiple teams to cover to cash one individual ticket".

"Buzzy the Bookie" also told me one time to avoid hiring electricians with no eyebrows.
    But that's another story for another day.
    Wise man that Buzzy is.

I actually ran into Buzzy last week as he was leaving the local vendor of charisma where he conducts business while I was taking Tessie Dog on her nightly poo walk, I asked Buzz about twenty years or so ago when the offshore betting boom was just taking off, I said "Buzz, do you think this offshore craze will cut into your business"?

Buzzy scoffed and replied with that stinky White Owl stogie dangling out of his mouth "F uck no"

Flash forward twenty years, I say to Buzzy last week "Hey Buzz, long time no see, how's business"?
    He says to me, still with that stinky White Owl in his mouth "Hi ya Billy, and yeah, business is good"

Chiefs83
    Update your status
    Chiefs83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1553

Never bet Teasers sucker bet

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Couple weeks ago Iowa was -320 on the money line and could bet them -2 -242 in a teaser. Jj was close to being right here, but still ends up being wrong.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    Couple weeks ago Iowa was -320 on the money line and could bet them -2 -242 in a teaser. Jj was close to being right here, but still ends up being wrong.
    How can you not love JJ?
    Our file clerk is truly a living legend.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24609

Hang it up, Goldy. Go away.

jjgold

I tried some 14 point teasers last week and lost both

Chucky get a loan and get back in the game

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I tried some 14 point teasers last week and lost both
    The moral of the story here boys and girls is, if you can't hit a teaser even after moving the line fourteen points, maybe this teaser thing isn't for you.

Whispers
    Whispers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    "Buzzy the Bookie" who took me under his wing back in the day when your pal Nasher had a full set of hair and the T-Rex grazed my daddy's backyard lawn for grass once told me "Billy, stay away from wagers that require multiple teams to cover to cash one individual ticket".

"Buzzy the Bookie" also told me one time to avoid hiring electricians with no eyebrows.
    But that's another story for another day.
    Wise man that Buzzy is.

I actually ran into Buzzy last week as he was leaving the local vendor of charisma where he conducts business while I was taking Tessie Dog on her nightly poo walk, I asked Buzz about twenty years or so ago when the offshore betting boom was just taking off, I said "Buzz, do you think this offshore craze will cut into your business"?

Buzzy scoffed and replied with that stinky White Owl stogie dangling out of his mouth "F uck no"

Flash forward twenty years, I say to Buzzy last week "Hey Buzz, long time no see, how's business"?
    He says to me, still with that stinky White Owl in his mouth "Hi ya Billy, and yeah, business is good"
    My book in my early and mid-20's was "Harry the barber". And yes, he was a barber. He once gave me some betting advice that I will never forget. He said, "never expect a bad team to do good things". He actually stopped taking my action as I was laying off bets for a friend who was laying off bets for Billy Walters. Long story for another day.

stevenash

^
    Also a true story.

When I was in my early 20's I worked for Buzzy in the 'office' on the busy football weekends answering phones when he needed a little extra help, and I did a lot of his grunt work as well.
    He would also kick back to me ten percent of all the net losses from clients that I individually brought in to him.
    Which was very generous.

I was his liaison too, when he had to pay a client or collect and the customer couldn't make it to the vendor of charisma where Buzzy conducted business on Tuesday evenings, I would be the one who delivered for him or collected.

Like I mentioned in the previous post, Buzzy took a liking to me, he trusted me.
    The guy taught me the ins and outs of this business, information you'll never find in a reference or text book.

Any who, before I get too long winded here (or is it too late for that) he also booked my action.
    This had to be the late winter of 2002 I think, I was betting NCAA hoops though him and for a two week period I went on a heater from heaven, a heater one dreams about.

I hit it was either 12 or 14 straight, I think it was 14 consecutive hoops wagers.
    Dude, it was scary.
    After around eight straight Buzzy was actually tailing my plays.
    Now that's the ultimate compliment, when a large indie bookie tails your wagers.

This is how the streak snapped.
    And I'll never forget it.

Illinois State was playing Indiana State, and the game was on a neutral court in Chicago, off campus.
    I sent it in on Ill. State, like -4.5 I think, and Buzz tailed that play as well.

The Sycamores covered and won outright in a closely played game.
    Buzz owed me like 1600 I think, give or take, I come to the office, he pays me off.
    Then he says to me "Why Illinois State Billy"?
    I explain "I'm so sorry Buzz, I capped that game thinking the game was on Illinois State's campus gym.
    I failed to notice that the game was in the big arena in Chicago on a neutral court.
    I f ucked up, I had a brain fart"

What's Buzzy do?
    He peels off five more benji's from his roll, hands them to me, and says...
    "No worries kid, it happens, and thanks"

They don't make them like Buzzy and "The Barber" anymore, huh?
    Offshore internet wagering kind of ended that era of the old timer bookies.
    How old time was Buzzy?
    When he first started out taking bets he did from the grandstand behind the right field foul pole at Fenway Park.

True story, only the names were changed to protect the innocent.

Best of luck on your action today, thanks for conjuring up twenty year memories.
    Glad to share them with you.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

To be honest jj. Ive been wagering sports 20 years and didnt even know college football had teasers.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8057

[QUOTE=stevenash;31017219]The moral of the story here boys and girls is, if you can't hit a teaser even after moving the line fourteen points, maybe this teaser thing isn't for you.[/QU

Maybe gambling on sports is not for you! Not you Steve THE ONE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!! And most of us that think we have an edge!!

Friend of mine that had never gambled on sports he was a poker player, thought he could win big, He knew football, he thought, first weekend he placed bets the worse that could happen did, he won like 5 out of 6! He played twice the games next 7 or 8 weeks never had another winning week! Never played a dog!

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5162

1 thing i notice any college can not cover b 2 b huge lines like say - 40 wins game 60- 3 next game - 50 will not cover

Whispers
    Whispers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Great story Nash....yeah, I wish it was just 20 years....so my barber story was 28 years ago. Before the internet of course, but literally 3 minutes before CFB, NFL and NBA games my house phone (lol) would ring with the plays. Anyone can google Billy Walters...he put his money where his mouth was. I am going to guess that over 2-3 years he hit at 60+ % on all 3 sports. I had the Don best Live Line service, and the screen would light up with all the books listed and the lines moved at 1 time when there was a big play. My phone would ring literally 1 minute later. Of course most bookies back then used Daily News Lines on game day so many took a beating. Jeez, being 58 years old, one has a lot of stories. I have some crazy stories as most old -timers like me. Being this old there is no reason to lie....for those of you that think I am.

stevenash

^
    I'm younger than you, not much though.

And I don't think anybody thinks we're making these stories up.
    a) There's a few old timers here that could probably share similar stories.
    b) To make these stories up you would have to possess Hollywood script writing talent.

larojoes
    larojoes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1332

It's true they are extremely rare.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9589

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
    Agreed.... teasers in college are a terrible bet. NFL points are more predictable and a MUCH better bet.
    Agreed.