1. #1
    pologq
    Make SBR Betpoints Matter Again
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 17,903
    Betpoints: 2707

    TVG is now Fanduel TV

    Just got an email about this

  2. #2
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,046
    Betpoints: 2684

    TVG is a sinking ship. When Betfair bailed out that took a lot of operating revenue away.

    Fan Dual is banking on California legalizing sporrs betting. If that fails in November, they will cut ties also and TVG will have a very hard time survivng. Their operating costs exceed their revenue, which is a death sentence for any business.

  3. #3
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 393,086
    Betpoints: 453

    Itís all the same company Fandual and betfair and TVG theyíre not hurting

    Tvg dominates the horse market too

  4. #4
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,046
    Betpoints: 2684

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Itís all the same company Fandual and betfair and TVG theyíre not hurting

    Tvg dominates the horse market too
    They're losing money. When they come out with their next quarter earnings, I'll post it.

    Fandual took on a liability in hopes a law passes. Then TVG would be sports and horses, which would make them profitable, in theory.

  5. #5
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 3224

    Luv that channel.

    Even though high (very high) vig.

    I'm too cheap to buy a racing form....LOL...................

  6. #6
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,046
    Betpoints: 2684

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Luv that channel.

    Even though high (very high) vig.

    I'm too cheap to buy a racing form....LOL...................
    You can get free Race Lens from TVG. It's pretty good. PP's, Stats on every trainer, pace projections and you get every track racing that day.

  7. #7
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 393,086
    Betpoints: 453

    You donít need a racing form its the most overrated publication in the country if it was so good nobody would work, anyone that has a racing form has a 1981 Chevy

  8. #8
    lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 9,656
    Betpoints: 12854

    they need vsin on tv soon

  9. #9
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 3224

    Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    You can get free Race Lens from TVG. It's pretty good. PP's, Stats on every trainer, pace projections and you get every track racing that day.
    Good info, Ranger.......................

  10. #10
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,046
    Betpoints: 2684

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You don’t need a racing form its the most overrated publication in the country if it was so good nobody would work, anyone that has a racing form has a 1981 Chevy

    It's always good to look at PP's. They key to it is making your own odds line then comparing it to what the public gives you. It's not always betting the best horse in the race, but the one that is going off at more odds than he or she should. That's the secret sauce.
    Points Awarded:

    Roscoe_Word gave RangeFinder 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  11. #11
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 3224

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You don’t need a racing form its the most overrated publication in the country if it was so good nobody would work, anyone that has a racing form has a 1981 Chevy
    Double J....ya gotta have information, my man.

    I look at:

    A) Last out odds

    B) In the money last 30 days

    C) Money made vs times ran

    D) Same or lower in weight

    Take a pass on Maidens and a muddy track.

    I think ya need a form for that, no?

    Unless Rangers' thing has that critical info.

    I italicized critical as a joke.....but that's what I used to use.
    Last edited by Roscoe_Word; 09-01-22 at 09:55 PM. Reason: stressin out tonite's games

  12. #12
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 3224

    Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post

    It's always good to look at PP's. They key to it is making your own odds line then comparing it to what the public gives you. It's not always betting the best horse in the race, but the one that is going off at more odds than he or she should. That's the secret sauce.
    As the previously mentioned (in another thread) Andrew Dice Clay would say : "OH !".................

  13. #13
    Dr. Fager
    Dr. Fager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-12-11
    Posts: 238
    Betpoints: 6549

    If only they ran, the way they look on paper. JJ spot on for a change. The 81 Chevy guys study the PP's like preparing for the Bar Exam, only to come up with the chalk exactas. PP's over rated and over priced if buying over the counter, not that they're readily available anymore locally.

  14. #14
    Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 12,606
    Betpoints: 5491

    Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    they need vsin on tv soon
    Would be nice. Hopefully it’s on DraftKings’ radar.

  15. #15
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 80,217
    Betpoints: 975

    Horse racing is dying. Millenials and younger don't watch. In 40 years it will go out of business as everyone who watches now will be dead.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  16. #16
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 393,086
    Betpoints: 453

    I know nobody that wins horseracing unless you make these big scores

  17. #17
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 3224

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fager View Post
    If only they ran, the way they look on paper. JJ spot on for a change. The 81 Chevy guys study the PP's like preparing for the Bar Exam, only to come up with the chalk exactas. PP's over rated and over priced if buying over the counter, not that they're readily available anymore locally.


    My friends and I used to study the form AT THE BAR, before goin to the track........................

  18. #18
    pologq
    Make SBR Betpoints Matter Again
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 17,903
    Betpoints: 2707

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You don’t need a racing form its the most overrated publication in the country if it was so good nobody would work, anyone that has a racing form has a 1981 Chevy
    98 dodge neon. get it right. i even got the CD that plugs in thru tape deck.

  19. #19
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 393,086
    Betpoints: 453

    Always remember the tote board tells you what exactly in the racing form Iím still teaching you guys after all these years

  20. #20
    pologq
    Make SBR Betpoints Matter Again
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 17,903
    Betpoints: 2707

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Horse racing is dying. Millenials and younger don't watch. In 40 years it will go out of business as everyone who watches now will be dead.
    sadly i think you are right. i do not see it lasting with all the tracks and such once those 30 and under get older.

  21. #21
    Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-09-08
    Posts: 2,368
    Betpoints: 8317

    I go to a casino that has a race book to meet a couple friends we pool a couple dollars and have a beverage. It is a losing proposition but enjoyable. We lose money in the long run but have fun with some discretionary funds.

  22. #22
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 3224

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    I go to a casino that has a race book to meet a couple friends we pool a couple dollars and have a beverage. It is a losing proposition but enjoyable. We lose money in the long run but have fun with some discretionary funds.
    Yep................gotta have a good time, brother..................

  23. #23
    pologq
    Make SBR Betpoints Matter Again
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 17,903
    Betpoints: 2707

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    I go to a casino that has a race book to meet a couple friends we pool a couple dollars and have a beverage. It is a losing proposition but enjoyable. We lose money in the long run but have fun with some discretionary funds.
    it def is a fun way to pass the time. i enjoy it. i can go to belmont and bet and sit there right by the finish line and smell the horse shit. i got that from my dad. i don't see the new generation really doing it though.

  24. #24
    DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-10
    Posts: 6,494
    Betpoints: 15379

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Double J....ya gotta have information, my man.

    I look at:

    A) Last out odds

    B) In the money last 30 days

    C) Money made vs times ran

    D) Same or lower in weight

    Take a pass on Maidens and a muddy track.

    I think ya need a form for that, no?

    Unless Rangers' thing has that critical info.

    I italicized critical as a joke.....but that's what I used to use.
    No need to pay for the racing form. Go to drf.com, view the entries and look at the horses' trainers and their sires; then go to thefreepps.com and you can get the pp's for most of the races there, especially for the bigger tracks. Click on "sire pp's" or "trainer pp's"; included in the trainer pp's page are the pp's for several stables' horses that are running. If you can't find a horse by trainer or sire, try the stables, especially Spendthrift Farm.
    Points Awarded:

    Roscoe_Word gave DrunkHorseplayer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  25. #25
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 393,086
    Betpoints: 453

    If anything Iíll print out a daily entry sheet with jocks and morning line


    Jockeys do matter

  26. #26
    pologq
    Make SBR Betpoints Matter Again
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 17,903
    Betpoints: 2707

    i was watching last night. they had nfl games for week 1 cycle thru with spreads and odds under the horse racing on tv.

  27. #27
    topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-08
    Posts: 12,300
    Betpoints: 3038

    Was always the plan. Saw this coming years ago. Horse racing will be on their lineup a lot in the beginning, but will become less and less. They probably rather air Chinese Ping Pong at 2am at -120/-120 odds and drain vig on action junkies. Fanduel/PDYPY is smart and profitable. They are under $60 /share. Fully expect 50%+ return in the next year. They get it with SGP, high margin wagers and the best quality app.

  28. #28
    topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-08
    Posts: 12,300
    Betpoints: 3038

    Also, fully expect them to start optimizing ad revenue. No one talking about how profitable that can be when implemented correctly. Much better demographic for Sports Bettors than Horse Racing. In app and TV ads with lots of eyes will be a game changer.

  29. #29
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 393,086
    Betpoints: 453

    Its the best platform sportsbetting and horseracing in the world thatís all you need to know

  30. #30
    pologq
    Make SBR Betpoints Matter Again
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 17,903
    Betpoints: 2707

    fanduel is the best functioning app. fast, no bugs, no crashing.

  31. #31
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 29,481

    I wonder how long they will keep the racing programming.

    Jut put it on. Nothing to complain about - yet.

  32. #32
    Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-09-08
    Posts: 2,368
    Betpoints: 8317

    I watch all the races from my ADW account or at the OTB, plus us old men are on the back nine of this thing called life. The kids are not playing the horses. I could see them phase it out totally.

  33. #33
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 3224

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    No need to pay for the racing form. Go to drf.com, view the entries and look at the horses' trainers and their sires; then go to thefreepps.com and you can get the pp's for most of the races there, especially for the bigger tracks. Click on "sire pp's" or "trainer pp's"; included in the trainer pp's page are the pp's for several stables' horses that are running. If you can't find a horse by trainer or sire, try the stables, especially Spendthrift Farm.
    Thanks for sharin that, brother...................

  34. #34
    mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-13-10
    Posts: 1,583
    Betpoints: 15026

    Trainers ruined horse racing.2 trainers at every track dominate. Yes the Drf is useless now.It was not in the 70s 80s and mid 90s before Beyers.You had little info and a everyday player had a huge edge it was fun getting your own info.I loved going to Hollywood and Del Mar with my dad and getting there 2 hours early just to watch the Replays my dad would take a notebook and do trip handicapping right there on the spot because really no replays were available till the Mid 80s when ch 56 in La came along.TVG Has not changed in 20 years same hosts all useless. Shrupp and Bray Mute button comes in Handy. Perloff and The Latino kid are great for insomnia when there together. Now all they have are Women who are just daughters of trainers they give out no info unlike Maggie On Fox who is great! Remember when The Former Host of the Bachelor was there. Nick Lyons,Gary Siebel And Jeff some one Wolfson i believe his name was they were good don't get me started with the clown Rudolph i could go on but this post would be 12 pages.They need to clean house and hire all new people.The Monday and Tuesday shows in the early 2000s were the Best with Exactor man and Mr Lucky with the 20,000 foot couch!

  35. #35
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 393,086
    Betpoints: 453

    Men just buy RTN

    Live track feeds approx $110 a year all flat tracks

12 Last
Top