Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

The GOAT Female Athlete, In Any Sport -- Can she win one more or is she done?

Haven't been following. Is she washed or can she win this last event and go out into the sunset?

When you talk about a legendary athlete, Serena has to be put in the conversation. She is the only female athlete I truly looked at as transcendent. Because she broke the barrier. Her mentality is just on a different level than these other mickey mouse level athletes, especially the ones on the wta. They don't have the kill or be killed mentality like serena. You have women leaving the sport when they're 25 in their prime, you have women missing grand slams for mental health, you have women leaving the tour for 5 years in their prime so they can pop out a couple babies.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Serena shit on all these 24 yr olds one last time. But can she get it done?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

She's done and Steffi Graf is easily the GOAT.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave DrunkHorseplayer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Isn't she like 41 now?? She still plays?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

She's got no chance to do anything.

A win tomorrow would be a surprise

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15077

Serena has a much better chance in the Nathan's hotdog eating contest than she has at winning another slam
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave unlearn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Brock who wins the open

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Brock who wins the open
    No idea, totally wide open.

Though I will say, swiatek isn't even a factor right now, Osaka is a complete joke, and raducanu has zero shot to repeat

Four33
    5-3-2
    Four33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

She is done.

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    No idea, totally wide open.

Though I will say, swiatek isn't even a factor right now, Osaka is a complete joke, and raducanu has zero shot to repeat
    Got hundo on Ons Jabeur

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

Almost no such thing as a bad bet on the women's title this year.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Isn't she like 41 now?? She still plays?
    Nadal is 36 and he's the best player in the world. Federer is going to return and probably take out 25 yr olds on his retirement tour. Brady is 45 years old and is the best overall player in the entire NFL. Age is just a number.

Would be very surprised if Serena loses before the quarters or semis.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

I think she is arguably the GOAT in women's tennis too, but it seems like a lot of people want to argue that. Maybe in time that will calm down.

I think she is done though and will be lucky to make it past round 1 or 2.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Nadal is 36 and he's the best player in the world. Federer is going to return and probably take out 25 yr olds on his retirement tour. Brady is 45 years old and is the best overall player in the entire NFL. Age is just a number.

Would be very surprised if Serena loses before the quarters or semis.
    Decent chance she loses in the first round.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    She's done and Steffi Graf is easily the GOAT.
    exactly there is no other Goat womens tennis Graf wins by a mile

Williams been finished for 4 years now

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

gargoyle of all time

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Shes -350 in R1. Would likely play Kontaveit in round 2

jjgold

I don’t think Serena could win a set off Kontaviet

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think she is arguably the GOAT in women's tennis too, but it seems like a lot of people want to argue that. Maybe in time that will calm down.

I think she is done though and will be lucky to make it past round 1 or 2.
    She's really the only woman ever who could legit compete on the men's tour in her prime, not with the main guys but she'd roast a lot of top 50 men's players. Her speed, power, just her style, flair, net game, sliding....How many women can truly slide on hardcourts? The killer mentality, you don't see that on the woman's tour. Top seeds getting taken out all the time. Not Serena. She was always in the semis, always in the finals, just like fed, nadal, djoker.

She's just a specimen of an athlete in her prime. People can argue Graf -- just like anyone can argue the big 3 in men's. But the way Serena advanced the game, became a global icon. She pushed the entire sport to new heights and exposure, just like Jordan and Kobe did with basketball. That is part of their greatness. Like when people talk about BRady, its not just about who throws the football the best. Leadership is a part of being a great player. Thats what Brady has that Rodgers or Manning etc don't. Serena, part of why she's the goat is how she made the sport way more popular with her style of tennis.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    She's really the only woman ever who could legit compete on the men's tour in her prime, not with the main guys but she'd roast a lot of top 50 men's players. Her speed, power, just her style, flair, net game, sliding....How many women can truly slide on hardcourts? The killer mentality, you don't see that on the woman's tour. Top seeds getting taken out all the time. Not Serena. She was always in the semis, always in the finals, just like fed, nadal, djoker.

She's just a specimen of an athlete in her prime. People can argue Graf -- just like anyone can argue the big 3 in men's. But the way Serena advanced the game, became a global icon. She pushed the entire sport to new heights and exposure, just like Jordan and Kobe did with basketball. That is part of their greatness. Like when people talk about BRady, its not just about who throws the football the best. Leadership is a part of being a great player. Thats what Brady has that Rodgers or Manning etc don't. Serena, part of why she's the goat is how she made the sport way more popular with her style of tennis.
    stop and she was a very poor sport her entire career, classless

any tennis historian has graf and martina 1 and 2 either way with fierce legends in their era

not Serena

The new gen dopes have no understanding of tennis history

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Goat - we're talking a 41 year old female. She could lose a few pounds too. I'd take a girl who's probably 27-28 to easily beat her. She needs to stop eating. She's listed at 154 lbs. Um... *cough* Bullsh##. Her alone weigh 154 lbs.

jjgold

She is 3rd all time

Of course a legend and changed the sport and off the court off the charts with $$$$$$$$$ marketing, business

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

She could be a female version of Brady.

Suspect this isn't a top factor in tennis, but she is certainly physically stronger than her opponents.

Does she have the speed and agility, though?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Serena Williams and Venus Williams Were Convinced They Could Beat a Male Player

Braasch recently spoke about the event and recalled how it came to be.

“It was 1998 Australian Open and the Williams sisters, Venus and Serena, had seen some of the male players practicing. On the basis of what they saw, they were convinced that they could beat a man ranked around 200 in the world and wanted to set up a game. I didn’t take much persuading, it seemed like a fun thing to do.”
    The German player reflected on the match he played against Serena and stated, “My first game of the afternoon, just a one-set match, was against Serena. We were out on one of the backcourts at Melbourne Park, No 17 I think it was. I felt so relaxed that I didn’t even warm up properly. We started playing and I raced into a 5-0 lead.”

“At this point, Venus turned up to watch. She had just finished a press conference after a quarter-final loss against Lindsey Davenport. In the end, I won my game against Serena 6-1 but by the time we were at the net shaking hands, Venus was on the court, ready to have a go against me as well. The game against Venus was very similar. I ended up winning 6-2.”

Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centred around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager".
    Last edited by yisman; 08-29-22 at 04:17 PM.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16267

Jan Stepheson Lpga.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

She beat a cabbie today. Well in.

pilebuck13

What you guys think of this gal I don’t know shit about tennis but threw her on a long shot ticket Ons Jabeur

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Serena Williams and Venus Williams Were Convinced They Could Beat a Male Player

Braasch recently spoke about the event and recalled how it came to be.

“It was 1998 Australian Open and the Williams sisters, Venus and Serena, had seen some of the male players practicing. On the basis of what they saw, they were convinced that they could beat a man ranked around 200 in the world and wanted to set up a game. I didn’t take much persuading, it seemed like a fun thing to do.”
    The German player reflected on the match he played against Serena and stated, “My first game of the afternoon, just a one-set match, was against Serena. We were out on one of the backcourts at Melbourne Park, No 17 I think it was. I felt so relaxed that I didn’t even warm up properly. We started playing and I raced into a 5-0 lead.”

“At this point, Venus turned up to watch. She had just finished a press conference after a quarter-final loss against Lindsey Davenport. In the end, I won my game against Serena 6-1 but by the time we were at the net shaking hands, Venus was on the court, ready to have a go against me as well. The game against Venus was very similar. I ended up winning 6-2.”

Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centred around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager".
    1998? Serena was a child...

Fast forward to 2008. Telling me that some 200 ranked player would beat her? 0.0% chance.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Goat - we're talking a 41 year old female. She could lose a few pounds too. I'd take a girl who's probably 27-28 to easily beat her. She needs to stop eating. She's listed at 154 lbs. Um... *cough* Bullsh##. Her alone weigh 154 lbs.
    She's not in shape for sure. That just shows you how weak the wta is. ATP weak ass hell too with exception of big 3. I guarantee you 41 yr old federer makes a semifinal major or better next year. Book this message. Nadal? 36 years old, best player in the world. All I've been hearing on this site for 10 years is "youth youth youth its all about youth." F no. Tide only turns when I say it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    She beat a cabbie today. Well in.
    Based on comments in here, she was supposed to lose today. Wasn't even much of a match. Blowout.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    She is 3rd all time

Of course a legend and changed the sport and off the court off the charts with $$$$$$$$$ marketing, business
    Gold you argued w me for months in 2012 that rafa was finished, you said his career was over, knee surgeries, this that, i told you that he will go down as one of the best of all time and win 20+ majors.

Then you argued w me about djoker when he looked done. I said he would win 23 majors and everyone in that thread laughed at me. I know how to look ahead you just live in the moment.

Serena would beat Graf in both their primes 7 times out of 10 imo

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Goater a legend
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave Thrilla 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

Saloon

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Goater a legend
    Both of you are total trash.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

She is done. Round 2 exit is the BEST case scenario for her. She had a great run.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

The other players will let her win. No one wants to be famous for ending Serena's career. It's like sad actually that players will do this when billions of dollars are bet on her games.

12 Last