Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

There Are Some Teams That ACTUALLY Want Joey Gallo

Joey Gallo’s time in the Bronx is widely expected to be up by Tuesday’s trade deadline, and the Yankees have been exploring trade possibilities for the struggling outfielder. The Brewers, Padres, and Rays are among the clubs who have shown interest in the former All-Star, USA Today’s Bob Nightengale writes.

Of course, quite a lot has happened to Gallo’s trade value in the past year, none of it good. After posting only a .707 OPS in 228 plate appearances as a Yankees in 2021, Gallo’s slump has only deepened this season. Gallo has hit only .159/.282/.339 with 12 homers over 273 PA, with a wRC+ of 81 (the league average is 100) and strikeout and whiff rates that rank near the bottom of the league.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

they say he might perform better in a lesser market. basically the guy can't handle NY. i'd love to see him go.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

If they get rid of the shift next season, I actually think he could be a candidate for Comeback Player of The Year. I think part of his problem is that he might be trying to refine his mechanics a little to combat the shift and it is just making him worse. They could actually name some of those creative shift setups after him.