jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Has Curry Vaulted To Top 5 Ever??

Yes
    Big game wise number two to M,J

Slight chance he could overtake Jordan if he stays healthy but that’s still a long shot

Very close to passing Kobe

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Yes

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Yes

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24611

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Yes

Slight chance he could overtake Jordan if he stays healthy but that’s still a long shot

No. Don't think you have a grasp of history.

Another Q: Is this EVEN jj-gold? Haven't seen the guy in forever.

Furthermore, you make it sound like Curry has to go through YOU. Fk off.

My opinion on Curry's epitaph: "Very skilled offensive player. Took full advantage of the 3-pt rule."

"Top 5" is a lame cutoff, IMHO. First off, don't quote "Kobe" like you know what you're talking about. Kobe wasn't all that, Lakers were vulnerable when their big-men were injured.

When you say "Top 5"...are you including ALL positions? He's not more valuable than Alcindor/Kareem, Wilt, Russell.

Salud, Curry, great series win. Just don't make it sound like he has to get YOUR approval.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    No. Don't think you have a grasp of history.

Another Q: Is this EVEN jj-gold? Haven't seen the guy in forever.

Furthermore, you make it sound like Curry has to go through YOU. Fk off.

My opinion on Curry's epitaph: "Very skilled offensive player. Took full advantage of the 3-pt rule."

"Top 5" is a lame cutoff, IMHO. First off, don't quote "Kobe" like you know what you're talking about. Kobe wasn't all that, Lakers were vulnerable when their big-men were injured.

When you say "Top 5"...are you including ALL positions? He's not more valuable than Alcindor/Kareem, Wilt, Russell.

Salud, Curry, great series win. Just don't make it sound like he has to get YOUR approval.
    Settle down
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Booya711

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Curry blew by Lebron so glad

Old timers like Wilt and Russel has no competition not a lot of big guys then

Kind of joke ball

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29790

Times like these I'm reminded how overrated Kobe is and was by the average joe. Great scorer, not super efficient, (compare his EFG% to Curry's for a laugh) good on D when he wanted to be but also took plays off. I'm pretty sure when Shaq said Kobe was the greatest Laker ever years ago it was just an attempt to show how much he'd matured, but it made everybody lose their minds. No way he actually believes that

Kobe is nowhere close to top 5. IMO Steph maybe has a chance to claim a spot but needs to do it for longer. For now he'll have to settle for best shooter

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Lol no.

Top 10 maybe.

mama whoiscrying
    mama whoiscrying's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

No. Laughable.

lakerboy

You have to be great on both ends to be in this list.

blankoblanco

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lol no.

Top 10 maybe.
    I'd be interested to know where you'd place Kobe (since JJ used it for comparison) and what you think of my take above

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    I'd be interested to know where you'd place Kobe (since JJ used it for comparison) and what you think of my take above
    You have good points. Steph is definitely the greatest shooter of all time. Kobe was great but was definitely forcing shots up. He was definitely the better defender. Both benefited of the guys around them as well but Kobe did win b2b with no true great star.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

Curry changed the way the game is played. Not many can say that.
    Ranking is tough though because it’s different games and these superstars in each generation were so skilled that they would have adjusted to the game in any generation.
    All that matters is in Curry’s time period he is an unbelievable talent that proved he can win multiple championships amd another one without Durant who many said he couldn’t do.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

You have to be great on both ends to be in this list.
    I think this depends. Really it comes down to plus minus. If you defend your opponent and aren’t that great and he scores 20 but you can light it up for 40 then the defense doesn’t matter that much

blankoblanco

You have good points. Steph is definitely the greatest shooter of all time. Kobe was great but was definitely forcing shots up. He was definitely the better defender. Both benefited of the guys around them as well but Kobe did win b2b with no true great star.
    No doubt Kobe was the better defender, but especially in the latter half of his career I noticed him being lax on D way too often, always bothered me because I know what he was capable of. Steph is still a bit better at getting steals

Kobe's championships without Shaq had their black marks against them, I've always been a little unimpressed. The one against Boston was capped off by one of the worst and least clutch game 7s ever by a star player, it's just that they somehow won anyway. If they'd lost, Kobe would have gotten so much shit for it. I'm not even gonna look up his stats in that game, I just remember his shooting was absolute trash. And the other ship was against the Orlando Magic, who suddenly lost the ability to shoot -- game 1 was I think possibly the worst shooting performance ever in a finals

lakerboy

No doubt Kobe was the better defender, but especially in the latter half of his career I noticed him being lax on D way too often, always bothered me because I know what he was capable of. Steph is still a bit better at getting steals

Kobe's championships without Shaq had their black marks against them, I've always been a little unimpressed. The one against Boston was capped off by one of the worst and least clutch game 7s ever by a star player, it's just that they somehow won anyway. If they'd lost, Kobe would have gotten so much shit for it. I'm not even gonna look up his stats in that game, I just remember his shooting was absolute trash. And the other ship was against the Orlando Magic, who suddenly lost the ability to shoot -- game 1 was I think possibly the worst shooting performance ever in a finals
    Fair enough. Gm 7 vs Boston he was horrendous to say the least. Boston was pretty damn stacked though. I think Phil Jackson gets credit as well. He was just great at getting the most out of every guy on the team.

Curry winning last night was important for his legacy because KD left. He was extremely lucky to win the first ring when Irving got hurt and then he didn't close out the Cavs the next season up 3-1 he basically disapeared. In the Toronto series the Warriors got hit by the injury bug and tor was just destined. Steph is a very nifty player. This comparison stuff though is hard because the era is different. I mean this Boston team vs what kobe played? Like no comparison.

zabelm
    zabelm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

Is Steph better then.

1) Jordan
    2) Kobe
    3) Russell
    4) Bird
    5) Magic

I don't think so. Top 10 for sure.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16005

Quote Originally Posted by zabelm View Post
    Is Steph better then.

1) Jordan
    2) Kobe
    3) Russell
    4) Bird
    5) Magic

I don't think so. Top 10 for sure.
    People on here giving way too much respect to the old timers.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Different era now and diffenetly a different game. Curry transformed the game with his ability to shoot the 3.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Changing the game seems subjective in this thread. Dirk changed the game but I don't hear anyone putting him in top anything convo

shadymcgrady

You could argue that he's in the discussion for number 5... I guess but it's packed with names

1. Jordan

2. Alcindor

3. Magic

4. Bird

5. Duncan/Kobe/Shaq/LeBron

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

You cannot compare across eras in basketball or any other sport.

There are simply too many changes along the way to make the points valid.

But people will continue doing it, I understand.

teacher10
    teacher10's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2772

Yes...

1) Jordan
    2) Russell
    3) Bird
    4) Ewing
    5) Curry

blankoblanco

Fair enough. Gm 7 vs Boston he was horrendous to say the least. Boston was pretty damn stacked though. I think Phil Jackson gets credit as well. He was just great at getting the most out of every guy on the team.

Curry winning last night was important for his legacy because KD left. He was extremely lucky to win the first ring when Irving got hurt and then he didn't close out the Cavs the next season up 3-1 he basically disapeared. In the Toronto series the Warriors got hit by the injury bug and tor was just destined. Steph is a very nifty player. This comparison stuff though is hard because the era is different. I mean this Boston team vs what kobe played? Like no comparison.
    For sure. I mostly agree with all of the above, only minor debates if any

But you never answered the big question before: where do you rank Kobe? Top 5 or 10 or 20 or 50? You're the local Laker expert, so this matters hugely

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    You could argue that he's in the discussion for number 5... I guess but it's packed with names

1. Jordan

2. Alcindor

3. Magic

4. Bird

5. Duncan/Kobe/Shaq/LeBron
    The debate going on right now publicly is top 10.

He is on the cusp of that list imo.

Olajuwon is one guy who doesn't get enough props. He was just an incredible player all around.

risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    You cannot compare across eras in basketball or any other sport.

There are simply too many changes along the way to make the points valid.

But people will continue doing it, I understand.
    Exactly, chamberlain gets no respect, even listed at #6 by ESPN. Beyond his free throw issues, he was simply one of the greatest all time.

shadymcgrady

One thing curry definitely has going for him compared to LeBron and Durant is that he stayed and won his chips with the cards he was dealt rather than manufacturing rings by bandwagon hopping
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave shadymcgrady 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

svsooner gave shadymcgrady 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shadymcgrady

The debate going on right now publicly is top 10.

He is on the cusp of that list imo.

Olajuwon is one guy who doesn't get enough props. He was just an incredible player all around.
    Well all the guys being brought up now are going to be incredible players, that's par for the course. Dissecting and ranking goats utilizes other factors such as chip count, dominance, big game moments and not running to super teams like a btch to falsely stack rings

shadymcgrady

Guys in here raving about wilt lmao. Let me guess James harden is also a top 10 guy right? Boxscore reading pros

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Yes

0 chance.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

Quote Originally Posted by risKingDigits View Post
    Exactly, chamberlain gets no respect, even listed at #6 by ESPN. Beyond his free throw issues, he was simply one of the greatest all time.
    Disagree….he played against 5 foot nothing white guys

risKingDigits

Guys in here raving about wilt lmao. Let me guess James harden is also a top 10 guy right? Boxscore reading pros
    He could run the 100 yard dash in 10.9, was stronger than arguably Shaq in his prime, had one of the highest verts at 48” in flat bottom converse shoes. He put up video game numbers in every statistical category. Only player to hit 100, 60+ in four consecutive games, the list goes on. The most 60 point games ever, more 50 point games in two years than Jordan did ever.

In one game he threw up video game numbers of 53 points, 32 rebounds, 14 assists, 24 blocks and 11 steals.

But ya, he really cares about what your opinion of him is.
    Last edited by risKingDigits; 06-17-22 at 12:02 PM.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by risKingDigits View Post
    He could run the 100 yard dash in 10.9, was stronger than arguably Shaq in his prime, had one of the highest verts at 48” in flat bottom 1970 converse shoes. He put up video game numbers in every statistical category. Only player to hit 100, 60+ in four consecutive games, the list goes on. The most 60 point games ever, more 50 point games in two years than Jordan did ever.

In one game he threw up video game numbers of 53 points, 32 rebounds, 14 assists, 24 blocks and 11 steals.

But ya, he really cares about what your opinion of him is.
    How many rings does he have compared to Bill Russell who was shorter, slower and inferior in every single physical attribute? 1 to 11?

You've done nothing but prove my point in that last post. Of course he wouldn't care about my opinion, he's dead kind of like your argument

lakerboy

For sure. I mostly agree with all of the above, only minor debates if any

But you never answered the big question before: where do you rank Kobe? Top 5 or 10 or 20 or 50? You're the local Laker expert, so this matters hugely
    Kobe is top 15 for sure. It won't bother me if people put him in top 10 but I have issues with his selfish attitude on shooting.

risKingDigits

How many rings does he have compared to Bill Russell who was shorter, slower and inferior in every single physical attribute? 1 to 11?

You've done nothing but prove my point in that last post. Of course he wouldn't care about my opinion, he's dead kind of like your argument
    Your point at what? I suggested Wilt was one of the greatest all time, which he is. Give me Wilt in the paint and he would eat almost anyone’s lunch, regardless how many rings they have sitting at home.

12 Last