Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I have 4 screens on my desk. And my phone usually with Sofascore on it. My eyesight is fading, my typing skills are deteriorating and my fingers are getting fatter. Maybe I am just turning into my father early and can't stand change anymore
    I've had this problem since 1988

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    Everyone hating on the app probably never used it. It was great and one of the only apps I ever used that never glitched or was painful to navigate and function. No constant re-geo locating, freezing, making you login every 5 minutes..

All the others (even their websites) suck. Maybe fanduel app is the only one that is similarly smooth. DK, mgm, caesars, barstool, rivers, unibet..could go on..all suck

That's a point I'll give you, geo locating.

Fan Duel sometimes takes a minute to get into on the laptop because they can't very my location.
    Sometimes it takes four tries to 'get in' but I always get in, but it may take a minute or two.

I'm not a whale though.

I'm just a 40-80-120 player, there are day traders that play the market that need to purchase blocks of stock for tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars in a nanosecond, they need lightening quick connections and verifications.

I'm not that guy.
    Once I have a good idea on what I want to do with a game, especially a particular prop bet, I'll either make a mental note, I trust pen and paper better, jot them down on a note pad, log in, look at the prices, then make my wager.

I need ten minutes minimum before I make my wager, not like the Wall Street Whale who needs to make in less than a second.

DK on the lap top would be issue fee if it wasn't for an occasional "Need for the plug-in"

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Hate all apps. Not enough info on screen at once for me.

Also, how do you compare odds across your books on phone apps... unless you have a photographic memory for the odds as you go from one book to the next.

Rookies only use phones ;-)
    Huh? I have 4 ipads and one phone spread out in front of me. Propped up on a stand (and I stand while working). I can scan every book in less than a half second. Turn my ahead a half inch or so. It is true I would not want to use one device for multiple books. One book per device. True, if I needed more than 5, or maybe 6, then that requires a different setup.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Huh? I have 4 ipads and one phone spread out in front of me. Propped up on a stand (and I stand while working). I can scan every book in less than a half second. Turn my ahead a half inch or so. It is true I would not want to use one device for multiple books. One book per device. True, if I needed more than 5, or maybe 6, then that requires a different setup.
    To each their own. If I need a desk and 5 screens anwyay, I dont get why I would spend more on 4 ipads when I can have 4 full size screens running off 1 laptop and not have to touch each ipad to scroll.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Actually I do now I think about it. But I only have the one account everywhere.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

To each their own. If I need a desk and 5 screens anwyay, I dont get why I would spend more on 4 ipads when I can have 4 full size screens running off 1 laptop and not have to touch each ipad to scroll.
    I didn't. I had one and got the other 3 free from my books' rewards.
    I didn't know I needed them all until I got them. Now it's indispensable.
    Works much better than it sounds.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    TwinSpires just shutdown their betting app too. Back to horseracing only
    I just got the email. I didn't know they existed. lol

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Score was working on software that could have stepped them up as a sharper book, maybe even putting them in a market making place.

I think Barstool now owns that back end.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Score was working on software that could have stepped them up as a sharper book, maybe even putting them in a market making place.

I think Barstool now owns that back end.

Well then, so much for that.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Well then, so much for that.

Agreed, I somehow doubt Barstool is going to become a market maker, but it would be nice to see someone try to step and make a sharp book on US soil.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

Agreed, I somehow doubt Barstool is going to become a market maker, but it would be nice to see someone try to step and make a sharp book on US soil.
    Circa. It's Circa. But they're taking a slow deliberate route to building out it's base. I say in about 5 years they will be one of the top 3 books in the country.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    TwinSpires just shutdown their betting app too. Back to horseracing only
    Were keeping sports. Retail only.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The problem with that book it caters to 1% of the betting population most people don’t care about high limits

They also will not be in enough markets to make too much money

Circa. It's Circa. But they're taking a slow deliberate route to building out it's base. I say in about 5 years they will be one of the top 3 books in the country.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The problem with that book it caters to 1% of the betting population most people don’t care about high limits

They also will not be in enough markets to make too much money
    Would you say that Pinnacle had and has the same problems?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Shit book anyways

First 12