proser30
    proser30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

BET MGM Settled my bet then the goal was dissallowed by video review .

Ok So I had the game Manchester City vs Tottenham at under 3.5 goals.

In the 70th minute the score was 2-1 and then Tottenham scored to make it 3 -1. The bet was settled on BET MGM, but then the goal was disallowed after video review. So the score was still 2-1 and I was hoping to cash out before the 90th minute but the bet did not show up as open again. The score ended up 3-2 Tottenham after 2 goals in the 90th minute and i lost of course.

I tried to write to customer service to complain that the bet settled before the game was over, but they were very shrewd and said bet stands.

Any idea of there is recourse in this situation? I mean I can send them stats that there was a video review and the goal was disallowed after the bet settled.

Or is the cash out option on BET MGM one of those things that's hard to negotiate?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I can't believe the book settled an under in the 70th min before the game ended. I believe there is a rule somewhere for game to go 85 min or more to be valid or it's a push.

What would have happened if the game was abandoned after they settled?

Can you post a screenshot of when the book settled the bet?
    Last edited by pavyracer; 02-19-22 at 06:56 PM.

teacher10
    teacher10's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2970

I agree. Why and how did they settle with 20+ minutes left in the game?

However if your case is cashing out around 75 minute mark of the game, chances are they usually close it by then. They usually have it open before half and during stoppage.

proser30

I got ahold of their policy

I was eventually able to get ahold of their policy. It states that a cash out cannot be guaranteed and they reserve the right to close a cash out at anytime. So even though it was a glitch and the bet was closed and then the goal was disallowed after , since the final score was a loser the bet loses.

If the bet had won, then they could have gone back and gave me the win. So they state don't expect a cash out it's more of a random thing.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

What’s your argument now though? I’d hate to have that conversation with the book. I’ve been way more right ( I.e had way stronger case), and it’s never fun or worth it…

proser30

No real argument.. Now that in the fine print it states there are no set cash out terms for how long it will last in a game or when it will expire.. They do it at their convenience. I will have to look for options outside of USA sports books to play the cash out game.. Maybe I'll try BetinAsia..

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

Is this fukin guy for real? If any book, let alone one that JJ is beating off, is going to grade a total line in the under before it finishes is probably the book that Morino and Vitterd supposedly win all this fake money from as Pros.

proser30

That is BET MGM and most USA books, The software is not smart enough to catch that when a goal is scored and then disallowed. It can't retract and make the bet active again. I wonder what happens if the book loses in this situation. Do they find a way to cancel the win?

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by proser30 View Post
    That is BET MGM and most USA books, The software is not smart enough to catch that when a goal is scored and then disallowed. It can't retract and make the bet active again. I wonder what happens if the book loses in this situation. Do they find a way to cancel the win?
    No book will ever grade an under bet before it goes final. Grading over bets after a goal is verified to hit the over than ya, they will do that but an under bet will never be graded until the match goes final.

proser30

That is what I'm saying happened. They graded it assuming the Under was closed.. But then a Video review disallowed the goal. Bet MGM did not reset the bet to active. Now the policy reads that since the final went over I don't have a case . The case I wanted was for the bet to still be active so I could cash out at 90:00 minutes. But 2 goals were scored in injury time!..

unde0087
    Did we win?

That is what I'm saying happened. They graded it assuming the Under was closed.. But then a Video review disallowed the goal. Bet MGM did not reset the bet to active. Now the policy reads that since the final went over I don't have a case . The case I wanted was for the bet to still be active so I could cash out at 90:00 minutes. But 2 goals were scored in injury time!..
    So you are trying to argue that you should be paid because the goals were scored in extra time? What you should do is not bet soccer because you obviously have zero clue to how it works. And you have zero case against the book because extra time is counted in regulation time. Now if the two teams are tied after that, in a match that can't be final as a tie, then that is a whole other story. But in this case you lose.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    So you are trying to argue that you should be paid because the goals were scored in extra time? What you should do is not bet soccer because you obviously have zero clue to how it works. And you have zero case against the book because extra time is counted in regulation time. Now if the two teams are tied after that, in a match that can't be final as a tie, then that is a whole other story. But in this case you lose.
    I think he is saying that if they didn't grade his bet a loss at the 70th min and opened it up after the goal was disallowed he would have eventually cashed it out before the next goal was scored if the book had that option. That's a lot of ifs!

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2175

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I can't believe the book settled an under in the 70th min before the game ended. I believe there is a rule somewhere for game to go 85 min or more to be valid or it's a push.

Bovada does this routinely.

proser30

Are you trying to be an a-hole? Have you been called that before??

If you read what I wrote again it's that I was playing to cash out on a live bet..

- I bet under 3.5 goals.
    - A goal was scored and the book closed the bet.
    - The goal was disallowed.
    - The bet did not go back to not graded so I could not play to cash out live.
    - The fine print at BETMGM says they don't have guaranteed rules for cash out options. I found this out after I posted this thread.

I am sure this has happened to others here..

unde0087
    Did we win?

Are you trying to be an a-hole? Have you been called that before??

If you read what I wrote again it's that I was playing to cash out on a live bet..

- I bet under 3.5 goals.
    - A goal was scored and the book closed the bet.
    - The goal was disallowed.
    - The bet did not go back to not graded so I could not play to cash out live.
    - The fine print at BETMGM says they don't have guaranteed rules for cash out options. I found this out after I posted this thread.

I am sure this has happened to others here..

So after all this the lesson here was bet the over.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Bovada does this routinely.
    That's insane. A lot of soccer games get abandoned due to health issues of players, weather, fan violence, etc. If they grade before the game ends they would end up losing money on refunds and people who got their bets graded wins.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 02-19-22 at 07:23 PM.

unde0087
    Did we win?

That's insane. A lot of soccer games get ababndoned due to health issues of players, weather, fan violence, etc. If they grade before the game ends they would end up losing money on refunds and people who got their bets graded wins.
    Bovada has a cashout option during games based on the score. But they also release funds immediately after a goal on overs. So if it is over 2.5 and a third goal hits, at any point in the game, if it counts then they will release the winning immediately. Justbet "bookmaker" used to do this also then they quit.

proser30

Lol... thanks for the advice...

proser30

So after all this the lesson here was bet the over.
    LOL.. I thinks..

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1452

You have zero case. Shitty bet

proser30

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    You have zero case. Shitty bet
    I beat the closing line.. The sharp betting Guru's would be proud of me...

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's standard practice to settle under bets when they lose. The ops claim he would have magically cashed out at the perfect time isn't credible either.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Poser, let me guess. You are from PA and are a professional gambler.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3579

Not sure about other usa books because ive only been using them for 2 weeks but betrivers graded all my tennis bets as wins when the match wasnt even complete. I will take it but what happens if someone retires?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I beat the closing line.. The sharp betting Guru's would be proud of me...
    What closing line did you beat? BET MGM? They take peanuts in EPL. There was probably 1 billion dollars wagered on that game worldwide and BET GM may or may not have 25k action in that EPL game.

proser30

What closing line did you beat? BET MGM? They take peanuts in EPL. There was probably 1 billion dollars wagered on that game worldwide and BET GM may or may not have 25k action in that EPL game.
    Yea betmgm closing lines suck.. Im sure there were a lot of angry punters when 2 goals went in after injury time..

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Did anyone bet Vitesse - Sparta game today?

The game was abandoned in the last minute when fans threw a water bottle at the goalie.

So if the book settled live bets before the game was over how will they settle outstanding bets?

Anyone bet this game live?

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9249

The game was abandoned in the last minute when fans threw a water bottle at the goalie.

So if the book settled live bets before the game was over how will they settle outstanding bets?

I took over 2.5 live. I havent received notice of a " voided wager " as yet , but it should be

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1452

Vitesse +.5 was the last leg of a 4 teamer for me. Sparta refuses to finish. Bookmaker waits 48 hours to see if it’s completed before grading no action. If they restart the game from the beginning void. I’ll be furious if they end up just playing the final 6 minutes after all this bs

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9249

My wagers have been officially voided and the funds returned to my account

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poser, let me guess. You are from PA and are a professional gambler.
    Its a little guy who follow me around.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    My wagers have been officially voided and the funds returned to my account
    I guess the game won't be replayed the next 48 hrs. You got lucky having the over 2.5. It was probably going to lose if the game was finished.
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave pavyracer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Headsterx

I bet live u1.5 (-105) @ 70' with Bovada. They said they are still waiting on the official announcement that the game won't resume. They said there's a 24 hour time limit.

Headsterx

Well, nvm, they voided it.