jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

New Trend..Small Bettors Being Laughed At

Yep

The way USA promotes gambling they focus on the bigger players and try to make you one

It could be you to win the next million!!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Gold, I get what you are trying to say but the way I read into those Jessie Coffield DK "make it rain" commercials is DK is trying to hook the small player into big time.

Point being I don't get the feeling I'm being shamed for being small time, but I think the message is "even a small timer can get rich"

Subtle difference.

Who you got today Corbin?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Headsterx

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

You guys would be shocked how small most bettors play

My normie friends will bet $5 on games. Not even $5 parlays... $5 straight bets to win $4.55!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by pokerdevil View Post

My normie friends will bet $5 on games. Not even $5 parlays... $5 straight bets to win $4.55!
    My go to books are still reduced juice off shore shops.
    If you're paying -110 (or God forbid, more) then you just don't care about using dollar bills as toilet paper.

Since I play DFS for baseball I have DK and FD accounts, had them for years.
    I'll never pay -110 in juice with the exception being if their line is a point off in my favor, then paying -110 for a point is a bargain.

The biggest advantage of having a DK or FD account is for prop bets.
    For instance, last month FD was offering an over 54.5 yard rushing total prop on Edmonds (Arizona) and virtually every other shop was offering 59.5 (or higher)
    Those prop bets I seek out.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Quote Originally Posted by pokerdevil View Post

You aren't wrong. My old man was telling me recently he has been betting $5. I remember seeing something shortly after USA went legal showing avg. Bet was like $30 overall. It would be interesting to see what it is now.

To me that is sort of like hearing people drink one or two beers. To me seems completely pointless.

Unfortunately many will get the disease eventually and start betting big numbers, take loans, lose everything. Just like many turn into binge drinkers or full blown alcoholics. Have to start somewhere.

Even as a teen $70-80/gm seemed cheap and 6 beers a starting point. I guess that is what makes me a degenerate!

stevenash

If heroin became legal and widely available tomorrow, would a non user all of a sudden start using?
    Same with gambling, if one never bet a game in his life would one if it (and it did) became legal all of a sudden?

Off topic, but still a good question?

Four33
    5-3-2
    Four33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

most of the public has better discipline than you degens
    Points Awarded:

stake1 gave Four33 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    If heroin became legal and widely available tomorrow, would a non user all of a sudden start using?
    Same with gambling, if one never bet a game in his life would one if it (and it did) became legal all of a sudden?

Off topic, but still a good question?
    Replace heroin with hookers.

Is it the same outcome?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Replace heroin with hookers.

Is it the same outcome?
    I'm married, so I'm still paying for it.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Im a fk up. I cant bet less than 100 a game. Maybe 50 but it usually more like 250.

And that's why im broke.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Four33 View Post
    most of the public has better discipline than you degens
    Majority of Americans don’t have $500 in savings/checking combined. Which is only growing worse due to inflation and the cost of products/energy
    So what do you think a degenerate gambler has in their pocket at any given time to cover an emergency?
    You want to see a degenerate gambler before settle day? Head down to the pawn shops and watch them grovel