LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

What's the optimal approach?

My original deposit in July was only $100. I don't take bonus plays or look for any type of "free plays". All that type of stuff has a problem somewhere. But maybe I'm just too conservative.
    My basic plays are now 5% of bankroll...Yeah I eat a lot of big juice at times, but my balance is now just over $1100.

I don't "need" the money, but not looking to play foolishly either. At what point would a seasoned sober gambler take a payout? (if my figures are too low for a veteran, just add zeros as in a possible balance and give your thoughts as to when to take a payout)
    US book no fear.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

If you are getting +EV and growing the bankroll, why on earth would you withdraw. Keep tapping that ass until you get to the max bets and she says no mas.

Then again, if you're just "getting lucky", then be thankful and pull out.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

D2bets correct

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2120

I would take out my initial deposit and 50% of remaining funds.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He seems disciplined though I doubt he would tilt

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19285

My vote for optimal approach is to diversify. Spread to at least 2 other books. For sure, one reduced juice / one with a dog stereotype.

A hook could come into play 1 of 2 times???

We just have not had trouble with books not being able to payout. I think they all got rich on crypto? If crypto crashes we could all get stiffed?

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Send it to another book. Get that bonus, now you have 2000. Keep going.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Are you fading thomorino and jjgold with your $100 original deposit? Then don't worry about paying juice and +EV bets. Fading those two defies all laws of probabilities. Keep doing what you do and stay rich like most of us.

LongBall52

I use only simple math formulas for football and basketball (extremely lightly) They are very simple and all I will say is the home team gets the lean in "most cases". But I look for a certain range of favorites 1 to 3pts, 4 to 6.5, 7 to 10.5, 11 to 14 and 14.5 up. Baseball is a whole different animal and I have a program that looks at records and team starting pitchers in some depth. It's fun for me an old guy with no other hobbies. William Hill I lost $300. and now have a balance of nearly $1200 at Caesars from $100... Also use DK, but bet less there. Somehow get the feeling that DK will limit me quicker than Caesars.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Start betting 1% on your bets and take a few shots when you are confident. If you lose 15% cash out. Your luck is probably over.

If you do not like betting less than $50, cash out.

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    Start betting 1% on your bets and take a few shots when you are confident. If you lose 15% cash out. Your luck is probably over.

If you do not like betting less than $50, cash out.
    Roger the fun (THESE DAYS ) is seeing a BR grow slowly or..... I have bet MUCH higher when I'm in "LOVE" a RARE event with a team. I get KILLED EVERY year on BOWL games.... These have to be inside info, from my numbers. The playoffs not so certain.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Put that 11 Hundo on the Memphis Tigers +8.5 tomorrow night and thank me later.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    Roger the fun (THESE DAYS ) is seeing a BR grow slowly or..... I have bet MUCH higher when I'm in "LOVE" a RARE event with a team. I get KILLED EVERY year on BOWL games.... These have to be inside info, from my numbers. The playoffs not so certain.
    If you want to bet optimally that would be your strategy. Best to go 2% or 3% on your best bets. But only the very best. That is what is optimal which is what you are interested in. $50 bets is suboptimal.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Well your betting 5-2% or watever will just have you lose slower cant win long term but you can limit losing alll ur bankroll i would bet more go for more money while ur on a winning streak.

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    Well your betting 5-2% or watever will just have you lose slower cant win long term but you can limit losing alll ur bankroll i would bet more go for more money while ur on a winning streak.
    Some truth to winning streaks, but I can go several days with ZERO bets. That's in the last year or 2.. Used to be an action junkie... This type of forum encourges action junkies...Long time reader.