Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Ok.... if there's a history of a Cinderella team that gets blown out by Power 5 contenders... then why are we placing this Cinderella team in the Top 4... or Top 6... and let them be in the playoff? I mean you just said it yourself... THEY GET BLOWN OUT. So why the hype? I'd rather see a 2 LOSS team be in the TOP 4... that had a heavy schedule... than this POS... UNCHALLENGED football team.
    You didn't read my post correctly... I said blowouts have not been a rare occurrence in the college football playoffs, so this notion you alluded to that allowing Cincinnati in would somehow mar the competitive balance of things is nonsense.

There is no history of a Cinderella team getting blown out in the playoffs because no Cinderella team has ever punched their ticket. When I say that blowouts have been commonplace, we're talking about your Power 5 schools. Look no further than the past two playoffs alone and you'll see the likes of Notre Dame, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma all having had their doors blown off their hinges... So why would it bother you so much if Cincinnati did get blown out? How is that any different than what we've had?

If Cincy truly doesn't belong, give them the courtesy of having it proven on the field. At least we'll have irrefutable closure one way or the other, right?

And in my last sentence I was pointing out the fact that Cincinnati hung with Georgia in their bowl game last year, so it's not automatic that the Bearcats would be overwhelmed in step-up games. Granted, the stakes were lower but you still have to have a certain mettle to hang with those heavyweights under any circumstance and they did just that.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 10-10-21 at 10:16 PM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    You didn't read my post correctly... I said blowouts have not been a rare occurrence in the college football playoffs, so this notion you alluded to that allowing Cincinnati in would somehow mar the competitive balance of things is nonsense.

There is no history of a Cinderella team getting blown out in the playoffs because no Cinderella team has ever punched their ticket. When I say that blowouts have been commonplace, we're talking about your Power 5 schools. Look no further than the past two playoffs alone and you'll see the likes of Notre Dame, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma all having had their doors blown off their hinges... So why would it bother you so much if Cincinnati did get blown out? How is that any different than what we've had?

If Cincy truly doesn't belong, give them the courtesy of having it proven on the field. At least we'll have irrefutable closure one way or the other, right?

And in my last sentence I was pointing out the fact that Cincinnati hung with Georgia in their bowl game last year, so it's not automatic that the Bearcats would be overwhelmed in step-up games. Granted, the stakes were lower but you still have to have a certain mettle to hang with those heavyweights under any circumstance and they did just that.
    You give Cincinnati way too much credit. And history has shown... the #4 team that faces #1.... #1 has blown them the fukk out. Double digits is a blow out. You waste too much time backing a bunch of pricks.

TheMoneyShot

Munny I'll give you credit on the Michigan call... and Michigan State call.... before the season began. Both those teams aren't even that good. They have faced some very pathetic competition. Highly overrated.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

You give Cincinnati way too much credit. And history has shown... the #4 team that faces #1.... #1 has blown them the fukk out. Double digits is a blow out. You waste too much time backing a bunch of pricks.
    when its all said and done an undefeated cincy could be 3 or 2 or even 1(uga could slip up). then there is no 1/4 matchup unless of course cincy is that number 1 team we are discussing that could do the usual blowing out of number 4. in a few hours they should be ranked 3 no less 4.

Eddy Munny

I'm not even giving or shorting credit on Cincy. All I'm saying is that if things fall their way and they remain undefeated they should be given a shot. Calling them "a bunch of pricks" is just weird. You're obviously more emotionally invested than I am. This is your thread by the way.

And again, you bring up blowouts... What is your point? Do you just want the #4 seed eliminated altogether? Should we revert back to the two team system so you're less likely to be subjected to a 1 vs. 4 blowout? Those teams getting blown out are from your precious Power 5 schools, why not extend that same courtesy to a G5 who runs the table?

TheMoneyShot

I'm not even giving or shorting credit on Cincy. All I'm saying is that if things fall their way and they remain undefeated they should be given a shot. Calling them "a bunch of pricks" is just weird. You're obviously more emotionally invested than I am. This is your thread by the way.

And again, you bring up blowouts... What is your point? Do you just want the #4 seed eliminated altogether? Should we revert back to the two team system so you're less likely to be subjected to a 1 vs. 4 blowout? Those teams getting blown out are from your precious Power 5 schools, why not extend that same courtesy to a G5 who runs the table?
    I'm suggesting a solid 2 LOSS team with a heavy schedule who was ranked #6 or #5 should be ranked over Cincinnati.... and take the #4 spot. That #4 2 LOSS TEAM would put up a better fight against someone like #1 Alabama... (Yes I know Alabama lost now...) But they are still the team to beat.

I don't really know how you fix this or resolve it??? That's wonderful that a team can go undefeated... but really there was no competition. Cincinnati VS Alabama... um.... it's not even watchable. As you can see... Texas A&M vs Alabama is watchable.

Eddy Munny

I'm suggesting a solid 2 LOSS team with a heavy schedule who was ranked #6 or #5 should be ranked over Cincinnati.... and take the #4 spot. That #4 2 LOSS TEAM would put up a better fight against someone like #1 Alabama... (Yes I know Alabama lost now...) But they are still the team to beat.

I don't really know how you fix this or resolve it??? That's wonderful that a team can go undefeated... but really there was no competition. Cincinnati VS Alabama... um.... it's not even watchable. As you can see... Texas A&M vs Alabama is watchable.
    Who knows? Cincinnati Georgia was watchable. If we're trying to determine a champion, why would you pass over an undefeated team for a 2 loss team? Isn't it safe to say the 2 loss team has exhausted their eligibility to claim they are the best in the nation?

You're underestimating what a team with a chip on their shoulder can do with a little time off. Fickell is a highly respected coach and Ridder is a quarterback with a lot of moxie who has been at the school forever. The defense has a few guys with a chance to play on Sundays. Their secondary as a group is rated top 5 nationally, the defensive line top 10.

It really isn't fair to hold the kids at Cincy hostage over a schedule which they have zero control over. All they can do is play the team in front of them and they've done so to my satisfaction. Their only loss in the past two years is a 3 point decision to Georgia.

Do you even consider the possibility that Cincinnati is a very good team with a below average schedule? Having a soft schedule doesn't necessarily make you a bad team. Before last night, everyone was saying the Bills hadn't beaten anyone worth a damn. Their wins were over the Dolphins, Football Team, and the Texans. Well, turns out the Bills are a very good team and couldn't help but play what's on the schedule.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1945

AP Top 25

RK TEAM REC PTS
    TREND
    Georgia(62)
    6-0 1550
    Iowa
    6-0 1476
    Cincinnati
    5-0 1407

Moving on up!

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    Congratulations to the Bearcats!!!! We are IN the playoff!!!!

This is what I thought when I saw this thread. These threads have a ridiculous record of being omens for the future.

Hell, just look at Munny’s comments about GA and Bama a couple days ago and then Bama gets beat by tamu. Lol

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I didnt say he shouldn’t be higher on the list, I said he shouldn’t say he should be higher on the list, because of his disregard for tackling. this was the all time list of 100 of the greatest football players they had him at like 41 or 43. not too shabby considering the warriors that played.admittedly I can’t recall ever hearing about houston, before my time, but there are plenty of guys I’m familiar with that were before my time. Houston’s stats are bad ass and he is on the list as a safety. there are only 6 safeties and 7 corners
    I stand corrected. I thought it was a list of DBs. 41 or 43 is not bad. Sounds about right to me.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    This is what I thought when I saw this thread. These threads have a ridiculous record of being omens for the future.

Hell, just look at Munny’s comments about GA and Bama a couple days ago and then Bama gets beat by tamu. Lol
    Yeah but if Bama had dropped that game to Florida earlier in the year and had 2 losses right now, I'd be all for having them virtually eliminated from the playoff conversation, unlike some people who'd still catapult them over an undefeated team because they see it fit to eternally punish a team for their schedule.

All the Bama loss does is point to my comment about a lot more dominoes falling that haven't been accounted for yet.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Why shouldn't Cinci be at least #3? They've beaten everyone they've faced and let's be honest if Notre Dame was undefeated they would be ranked #2. Cinci's schedule is just a good if not better right now than ND, so why shouldn't they be #2? I think Vegas would have them easily favored over Iowa right now.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Yeah but if Bama had dropped that game to Florida earlier in the year and had 2 losses right now, I'd be all for having them virtually eliminated from the playoff conversation, unlike some people who'd still catapult them over an undefeated team because they see it fit to eternally punish a team for their schedule.

All the Bama loss does is point to my comment about a lot more dominoes falling that haven't been accounted for yet.

I hear ya man, I was just commenting on the nature of these threads. Pretty funny, really.

As far as the topic at hand, I like the expansion of the bracket, personally.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt Moat View Post
    I would never go pro. Some interesting things talked about and debated on here. To often the thread is taken over by the morino and his stooges. Only waste money gambling and smokin trees.
    Funny I said the same shit about 6 years ago. Opti and peavy talked to me about crypto. I am up 45,000 just because I listened to those guys. So be a broke dumb ass like many here or waste 100 on a year. Use it to win Bitcoin. Cash and wait for it to go up.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    That ghetto down there is one of the worst in the country. A friend of mine drove us through there one night as we were trying to get to some party. He was like we could go through the hood or go around which is much longer. I said, go through the hood. Damn, what the hell was I watching. It was like 11pm, maybe midnight and the streets were packed with folks dealing and hooking. I saw a lady changing the diaper of a baby on the roof of a car. I was clutching my nuts down there. lol
    Hey, I worked that neighborhood. If you ever seen “In too Deep”? Was one of my clients grandkids. Knew him as a child. When the riots broke out…I got surrounded by kids that weren’t from the neighborhood. His brother happened to come by his aunts house. Told them any M f er that touched me wouldn’t last the night. I have been to some of the worst neighborhoods working. I had a friend in philly that was killed for 1500 by kids he has known forever. I worked in that neighborhood,Gary ind., Baltimore md. Went to a party at Texas southern with my primo.it is in 5 th ward. I have found that if you act like a mark than you will be messed with. If you act like donk does than they won’t mess with you.

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

ok Chico your the best give it a rest!

chico2663

No not the best. Just telling you my life.

Brandt Moat

Yea and calling me a broke dumb ass for not being a "PRO". Must of missed out on a good education. Probably raised by your neighbor. You lived out of a dumpster. What other stupid shyt can I say about you since I don't have a fookn clue who you be??? Grow or shut up at some point retard.

chico2663

Yea and calling me a broke dumb ass for not being a "PRO". Must of missed out on a good education. Probably raised by your neighbor. You lived out of a dumpster. What other stupid shyt can I say about you since I don't have a fookn clue who you be??? Grow or shut up at some point retard.
    Always good C.b.b. Usually good mlb. 51 in pick 6 contest as of now.suck at nfl. Is that good enough dick weed?

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Buckeye fan here. Maybe they can put OSU in the playoffs again after they don't play in the championship game. That was pure dog shyt!! At least Cincy is winning what is in front of em. They gave SEC team all they could handle in bowl game. They are competitive. Pucies? Your an idiot for sure.
    Are you talking about when they lost to penn state. It was Washington that shouldn’t have been into the playoffs that year and penn st should have been along with Ohio st. Pac 12 was so weak that year. Washington beat an over rated Colorado team in title game and both teams lost to USC in regular season. See now we don’t think twice about how sucky pac 12 is but back in those days for some reason people thought a one loss Washington team that played nobody deserved something for being in a “power five” conference.

Brandt Moat

35k in post now that says I'm a loser. Continue on child. If ya must get the last word in do so.I can't believe I even said a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Always good C.b.b. Usually good mlb. 51 in pick 6 contest as of now.suck at nfl. Is that good enough dick weed?

Brandt Moat

OSU had no business being in the playoffs that year! They got rolled.
    Quote Originally Posted by homerbush View Post
    Are you talking about when they lost to penn state. It was Washington that shouldn’t have been into the playoffs that year and penn st should have been along with Ohio st. Pac 12 was so weak that year. Washington beat an over rated Colorado team in title game and both teams lost to USC in regular season. See now we don’t think twice about how sucky pac 12 is but back in those days for some reason people thought a one loss Washington team that played nobody deserved something for being in a “power five” conference.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Who knows? Cincinnati Georgia was watchable. If we're trying to determine a champion, why would you pass over an undefeated team for a 2 loss team? Isn't it safe to say the 2 loss team has exhausted their eligibility to claim they are the best in the nation?

You're underestimating what a team with a chip on their shoulder can do with a little time off. Fickell is a highly respected coach and Ridder is a quarterback with a lot of moxie who has been at the school forever. The defense has a few guys with a chance to play on Sundays. Their secondary as a group is rated top 5 nationally, the defensive line top 10.

It really isn't fair to hold the kids at Cincy hostage over a schedule which they have zero control over. All they can do is play the team in front of them and they've done so to my satisfaction. Their only loss in the past two years is a 3 point decision to Georgia.

Do you even consider the possibility that Cincinnati is a very good team with a below average schedule? Having a soft schedule doesn't necessarily make you a bad team. Before last night, everyone was saying the Bills hadn't beaten anyone worth a damn. Their wins were over the Dolphins, Football Team, and the Texans. Well, turns out the Bills are a very good team and couldn't help but play what's on the schedule.
    I'd take their corner Coby Bryant all day on my Colts. He's pretty good!

Day Game 216
    Day Game 216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Will someone please GTF Real right now. I'm late doing my stats for College football and the NFL this week. This is the most humorous thing I've ever read.

The entire College Playoff Panel should be Fired immediately. What is this sh##?

Please explain to me... how are they top 5?? They play anyone in the SEC... they'd get their sh#$ pushed right in.
    Rankings mean absolutely nothing.

Not a chance in hell they would be considered for the playoffs

Day Game 216

Unless something crazy happens your playoffs will be

1.Bama
    2.Oklahoma
    3.Georgia
    4.Ohio State

assuming Bama beats UGA in the SEC championship and both Ohio State and Oklahoma win out.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Day Game 216 View Post

1.Bama
    2.Oklahoma
    3.Georgia
    4.Ohio State

assuming Bama beats UGA in the SEC championship and both Ohio State and Oklahoma win out.
    Cincinnati would beat Oklahoma. Way more disciplined. Guys don't miss 70 tackles a game on defense. Idk how anyone assumes Bama will beat Ga anyway? This is one of the weakest Texas A&M teams in the last 15-20 years. They lost to Miss St at home

Fred The Hammer

Oregon > Ohio State in Columbus and Oregon got beat by a weak Stanford team. Ohio St might move past UC but they're beatable too.

Eddy Munny

I can almost guarantee you Oklahoma isn't winning out. Ohio State might not either.

Day Game 216

[=Fred The Hammer;30586419]Oregon > Ohio State in Columbus and Oregon got beat by a weak Stanford team. Ohio St might move past UC but they're beatable too.[/QUOTE]

if Ohio State wins out they will have earned it though. Penn State, Michigan State, Michigan, Iowa all good teams.

the defense is the key for them, over the last couple of weeks they have been good against Rutgers and Maryland but lets see if they can play like that against the better B1G teams

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7144

Quote Originally Posted by Day Game 216 View Post

1.Bama
    2.Oklahoma
    3.Georgia
    4.Ohio State

I think Georgia beats Bama this year so it will be:
    1- Georgia
    2- Oklahoma
    3- Ohio State
    4- Cincinnati

Fred The Hammer

I can almost guarantee you Oklahoma isn't winning out. Ohio State might not either.
    Ohio State has Penn State, at Nebraska, Mich St, and at Michigan then probably Iowa in the B10 championship. Idk? I'd say 65% chance they lose again. I realize they have the 4-5 star advantage on everybody they play

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Ohio State has Penn State, at Nebraska, Mich St, and at Michigan then probably Iowa in the B10 championship. Idk? I'd say 65% chance they lose again. I realize they have the 4-5 star advantage on everybody they play
    Yep, Ohio State's loss to Oregon wasn't some colossal fluke. This is the same team that the Minny Gophers had on the ropes in week one. Oklahoma has a tough remaining slate as well and they've been getting by by the skin of their teeth as it is, that kind of weekly survival is tough to sustain. Anyone who thinks it would take something "crazy" for either team (or both) to drop a game must not follow college football.
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave Eddy Munny 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Day Game 216

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    OSU might have the best WR/RB group in the nation if Stroud keeps playing like this look out Georgia

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

Why the fuk even play the games? Everybody just pick who they think is best and crown a fukn' champion. These are college kids not robots. Any given day. Everybody remembers Boise State beating Oklahoma, Utah beating Bama, App St. beating Michigan. Those games are memorable and what makes sports great. Nobody remembers who won the championship in 2012, except maybe the fans of that team. Fuk reputation, play the games.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

NC State beating Phi Slama Jama in '83, Villanova over Georgetown in '85. Those games were 35+ years ago and anybody alive at the time remembers those games. They don't happen if we only take the so-called "best".
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave swordsandtequila 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 123456 ... Last