Many Saints review

...eh

Don't get your hopes up guys

Slow, racial and mediocre characters

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

LOL I just wrote in the other thread.

This movie wasn't released.......It escaped!!

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

There's not even a storyline.

I don't even know how it got good reviews.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Went to see this tonight. Complete disappointment. It did get a little better towards the end but still…..

Theres still a big gap in the timeline so expect another prequel movie or maybe even a series

I don’t like how they recycled a couple of characters/actors

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Sounds like the NBA

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Went to see this tonight. Complete disappointment. It did get a little better towards the end but still…..

Theres still a big gap in the timeline so expect another prequel movie or maybe even a series

I don’t like how they recycled a couple of characters/actors
    OK

And not to be a spoiler, but the ending contradicted a major plot line in the series

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2013

Rotten tomatoes review…

Saloon this shit!!!

😂😂😂

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    OK

And not to be a spoiler, but the ending contradicted a major plot line in the series
    Yeah I caught that too.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    There's not even a storyline.

I don't even know how it got good reviews.

I made some comment about "Card Counter". Sorry, that movie sucked.

And the reasons I have are irrefutable.

Neo50
    Neo50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Huge sopranos fan, will be watching this tonight on HBO. Been looking forward to it. Seems people either love it or hate it, will give my review in the morning

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

A forgettable movie with a couple of good characters

Watch it once and forget it ever existed

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

solid review

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Great film! Bravo to Chase

Neo50

I thought the movie was fantastic

A bit choppy/all over the place for the first half hour or so but then slowly turns into a fantastic movie. I give it an 8.5/10

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Neo50 View Post
    I thought the movie was fantastic

A bit choppy/all over the place for the first half hour or so but then slowly turns into a fantastic movie. I give it an 8.5/10
    What was the plot?

Why did Christopher narrate it?

Why even have a young Tony character- it had nothing to do with the movie.

It was a terribly written product

Neo50

OK

Fuckin’ Junior...what a petty ************ lolol

Neo50

What was the plot?

Why did Christopher narrate it?

Why even have a young Tony character- it had nothing to do with the movie.

It was a terribly written product
    Completely disagree man.

I thought it was a great look at who the mythical Dickie Moltisanti was. The “plot” was a bit loose with the simmering rivalry with the black guy Harold and his gang the way he double crossed Dickie but I still thought it was good. Loved seeing the characters in their younger days and the subtle nods to the show that all fans will immediately pick up on throughout the movie. Great acting. I also knew going in that this was not a full blown “Tony soprano origin story” so I wasn’t expecting that. I thought the focus on Tony was just right...not the primary focus of the film but it’s always right there in the background never too far away.

I thoroughly enjoyed the film and highly recommend it to all fans of the show.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

The guy playing Silvio Dante was more like a wax puppet than a real actor.

The Italian wife was sort of hot, but another fairly pointless character

Neo50

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    The guy playing Silvio Dante was more like a wax puppet than a real actor.

The Italian wife was sort of hot, but another fairly pointless character
    I couldn’t wrap my head around why Silvio was completely bald 25 years before we know him in the show. I thought I had missed something but then we find out lol just some of that classic sopranos humor. I thought the guy who played Sil overdid it at first but by the end of the movie I was loving it. It really grew on me as the film went on.

Dickie’s gumar was hot...but her love of black dick cost her dearly...my god that was a brutal scene...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

OK

not at all a major plotline from the series

and its hard to actually contradict a cause of death as told through the years by a bunch of lying mafia goons.

almost everytime a major character died in the series, the goons would tell the families, and each other, "they flipped, went rat, witness protection, wacked by a rival family ect"

was it a major plot contraindication to see Janice shoot Richie Aprile and then see Tony tell others, including Richie's niece Adriana that he had entered the witness protection program?

unless you saw it on screen, it wasn't a truthful major plotline. It was just some bullshit half truths that mobster thugs recited for whatever reason

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I couldn’t wrap my head around why Silvio was completely bald 25 years before we know him in the show. I thought I had missed something but then we find out lol just some of that classic sopranos humor. I thought the guy who played Sil overdid it at first but by the end of the movie I was loving it. It really grew on me as the film went on.

Dickie’s gumar was hot...but her love of black dick cost her dearly...my god that was a brutal scene...
    you thought that was supposed to be Silvio's real hair the entire series?

like it was just a shitty job of putting on a rug from the HBO makeup and wardrobe department?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I don't watch much tv or movies

I mostly can't sit down and really watch something for more than 10 mins without wanting to get up or multi-task

I was able to sit down and watch all the way through no problem. That may not be the case for someone that didn't REALLY love the sopranos or watch it recently. lots of inside stuff in there.

I think the main takeaway was that they made this to set up a 2nd prequel and prob more... and get some rejuvenated interest in the original series with a look at a series reboot or continuation in 2024 when we hit the 25 year anniversary of the episode 1 premiere

Neo50

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    you thought that was supposed to be Silvio's real hair the entire series?

like it was just a shitty job of putting on a rug from the HBO makeup and wardrobe department?
    Dude...whether or not that was ACTAULLY silvio’s hair throughout the series is completely different than whether it was was SUPPOSED to be a wig, which it wasn’t.

Yes, every actor on every film set has their hair done or wears a wig or whatever to fit that character. But when the filming starts that’s their hair. Silvio (the actor) was obviously wearing a wig throughout the show...but Silvio (the character) didn’t have a wig, that was just his hair. It was never suggested he was wearing a wig.

Some of you are not smart people. At all.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

re watching Sopranos right now, was kinda pumped for this but based on well Hollywood f*cks things up I figured at the end of the day it would probably be a disappointment.

Neo50

I don't watch much tv or movies

I mostly can't sit down and really watch something for more than 10 mins without wanting to get up or multi-task

I was able to sit down and watch all the way through no problem. That may not be the case for someone that didn't REALLY love the sopranos or watch it recently. lots of inside stuff in there.

I think the main takeaway was that they made this to set up a 2nd prequel and prob more... and get some rejuvenated interest in the original series with a look at a series reboot or continuation in 2024 when we hit the 25 year anniversary of the episode 1 premiere
    In absolutely no way does the film set up another prequel or series reboot. Not insinuated in any way and will never happen. It’s a one-off prequel film.

Series reboot lolololololololol

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Dude...whether or not that was ACTAULLY silvio’s hair throughout the series is completely different than whether it was was SUPPOSED to be a wig, which it wasn’t.

Yes, every actor on every film set has their hair done or wears a wig or whatever to fit that character. But when the filming starts that’s their hair. Silvio (the actor) was obviously wearing a wig throughout the show...but Silvio (the character) didn’t have a wig, that was just his hair. It was never suggested he was wearing a wig.

Some of you are not smart people. At all.
    this is what i'm saying. It was obvious on the show

when hollywood does it for real and they don't want you to know it's a wig, you can't tell, it's NOT obvious

they made it hokey on purpose on the show, it was obvious on purpose

now they were able to go back and address it in a humorous way

Neo50

this is what i'm saying. It was obvious on the show

when hollywood does it for real and they don't want you to know it's a wig, you can't tell, it's NOT obvious

they made it hokey on purpose on the show, it was obvious on purpose

now they were able to go back and address it in a humorous way
    Yes, this I agree with. I was just thrown off when we initially meet a 20 year old Silvio and he’s bald. But they did a good job of having fun with it later in the movie. That’s all I was trying to say dude...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

In absolutely no way does the film set up another prequel or series reboot. Not insinuated in any way and will never happen. It’s a one-off prequel film.

Series reboot lolololololololol
    yeah no one would be interested in seeing Tony's move into the underworld after having tried to avoid it. After that last scene casket pinky swear take back.

Chase and Winter have already spoken about being very open to continue on from here, as long as the people controlling the $ see good things this month.

Chase just signed a 5 year deal with HBO a few days ago, so that seems to open some BIG doors

let's see how much interest and $ this prequel makes and that will tell us if the sequel gets some backing, I guess

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22127

Two worst movies of the year. Saints and Forever Purge.

Enikk
    Enikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Thought it was a huge disappointment. Opening night 9:20 movie and were only 2 in theater. First 20 minutes or so was wondering if I was in the right movie or a BLM movie shoving police brutality down your throat. It is like they were looking for a whole new audience. The Italian chick was hott, well, than you couldn't wait for her to get whacked. Thought acting/cast selection was good.

Enikk

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    Two worst movies of the year. Saints and Forever Purge.
    Purge was maybe worst movie I ever seen. Have the Regal unlimited pass or would have never went. Don't know why I didn't walk out

Neo50

Cannot believe some of you are calling the movie BLM/woke bs. I didn’t get that sense AT ALL. There was ONE scene where the cops took that black kid and that was it (and that was probably SOMEWHAT accurate for the times if we’re being honest or I’m sure something like that happened during those times)

In absolutely no way was the movie pushing any sort of woke agenda or anti police or anything like that. I’m a full blown Trump voting republican and hate all that shyte just as much as you guys but this movie didn’t have any of that. Just not accurate to claim otherwise

Enikk

Are those sunglasses you are wearing or are you blind Neo? Re-watch it.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

https://movieweb.com/amp/new-sopranos-series-hbo-max/

The success of The Many Saints of Newark and the renewed interest it has brought to The Sopranos series as a whole meant that it was not going to be too long before word of more stories based on the life of Tony Soprano began to circulate, and it look like WarnerMedia are setting about making that a reality sooner rather than later with TheSopranos creator David Chase in talks to create a new series that will act as both a prequel to the original and a sequel to the movie. Michael Gandolfini took over his father's role as a younger version of Tony Soprano in The Many Saints of Newark, but whether the iconic mafia man will appear in the new series is unclear.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

The reviews I've heard from most are so bad I didn't even watch it

Which is crazy because The Sopranos was my second favorite series of all time next to Breaking Bad

The main issue I hear is Gandolfini's kid is horrendous

12 Last