pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Trump gave the airlines a 25 billion bailout just last year. I agreed with what he did by the way.

War is expensive. Afghanistan was costing us $300 million a day. Not to mention American lives lost every day. Do you really want to try and recoup supplies when it may cost you more in the long run? It's like having dead beat tenants. Sure, you would like to take them to court and try and get more money out of them but experience tells you that it is not going to be worth the trouble. You are just ecstatic for them to get the fukk out of the house.
    Nobody lost their lives for years!!!

Not until Biden got in office

Facts

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    The issue is a clean withdrawal was never going to occur that’s why two presidents passed it along. They didn’t want to take the bad publicity. You got to admit that there must have been something complex about the withdrawal since two lresidents didn’t do it right?
    All kinds of intelligence warned it would get ugly. Anticipate that and at the very least withdraw equipment and allies before withdrawing the military who protects those allies and equipment. Biden is on record all but guaranteeing the Afghan army would hold the taliban off.

Once again, we are getting away from the point of this thread though. The gov. wants to tax you when you win, wants to raise and add taxes on more and more people, but meanwhile they can't be bothered to retrieve 90 billion in taxpayer funded military equipment.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I recall that guy from Washington who moved to Kentucky re some legal stuff. That's from my exp in this business...us gamblers like to think we're special and need to worry about taxes or our income. When almost 100% of us lose. Don't you feel stupid when it comes to tax penalties and some weird concern.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Please direct me somewhere it says the USA makes almost 2 trillion in arms dealing per year.
    Wasn’t it 80 billion worth of weapons left? That’s what I was referring to. And if so I’ll post the information showing that after your response

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

All kinds of intelligence warned it would get ugly. Anticipate that and at the very least withdraw equipment and allies before withdrawing the military who protects those allies and equipment. Biden is on record all but guaranteeing the Afghan army would hold the taliban off.

Once again, we are getting away from the point of this thread though. The gov. wants to tax you when you win, wants to raise and add taxes on more and more people, but meanwhile they can't be bothered to retrieve 90 billion in taxpayer funded military equipment.
    Isn’t a large amount of the equipment US equipment that was given to the Afghan armies? If so how could they have taken that back?
    And I’m not disagreeing with you that military money gets burned without a thought but if we are going to pick apart the 90 billion we should be picking apart all military spending because it’s all very wasteful

Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13324

You do realize over 1800 troops died in Afghanistan while Obama was in office. Can't blame all this on Bush. Plenty of blame to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Dblow the shit stain of SBR more concerned about junk ass equipment we left over there rather than the 7057 U.S. Service Members’ lives we lost fighting this Bush / Cheney quagmire of a losing war. And of course he asks what Bush has to do with it, cause he’s too fuk’in stupid to remember history or learn from it.

Tell you what dblow, we’ll pay to fly your dumb fuk ass over there and you can’t start a scrap metal recycling business with the Taliban. After all, your tax dollars paid for that equipment, so technically you own it. I’m sure they’ll understand, right after they shove an RPG up your ass and put your head on a spike.

This is all you could come up with fake Vegas video puss? A pay more taxes little bitch thread? Life at the bottom of the shit hole where you reside huh? What happened poor racist dblow?

Oh yeah that’s right, your boy trump got his ass reamed, black coaches and women are taking over professional sports, and your proud boys hillbillies are in FBI custody thanks to all that video you posted at your dumb fuks “gathering” on January 6th.

Rough couple of years for you brah, hope you got that covid vax.

And by the way dip shit, just so it’s clear in that feeble brain of yours. The families of fallen servicemen do not give a fuk what was left over there. They lost someone who will never be replaced.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Nobody lost their lives for years!!!

Not until Biden got in office

Facts
    unfortunately it's going to get a lot worse next 3-7 years Mike

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1345

Or how about bring it back in a well planned withdrawal
    A well planned withdrawal is you swallowing a complete load with no drips

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    unfortunately it's going to get a lot worse next 3-7 years Mike
    That is what scares me.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Wasn’t it 80 billion worth of weapons left?...
    No, this is fake news. The 80+ billion figure is actually referring to the total the US has provided in security assistance since 2002, not the value of what was left there last week.

Think about it.

LMAO

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Spent a lot of money but all the defense contractors and their pals made a mint!

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1345

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    You do realize over 1800 troops died in Afghanistan while Obama was in office. Can't blame all this on Bush. Plenty of blame to go around.
    Never said troops weren’t lost under every president’s watch, including sadly, Joe Bidens.

The numbers show the real total of American lives lost because of blundering political policies and blood money greedy fuks who bought politicians to keep a losing war go’in for 20 fuk’in years.

37,235 actual total of Americans dead to occupy hostile countries, trillions of dollars spent, and the end result ….
    The Taliban now control the country.

The psychological affects of war long term are just as devastating as combat, we’ve known this for years now, yet ignorant fuks in in office kept the war machine turning. And for what? Yeah we gave the Afghan people some measure of freedom, but their own puss army who we trained for the past 20 years, couldn’t hold off a bunch of thugs with ak-47’s.

It was a losing proposition front the start. And Bush/Cheney destabilized the entire region when he invaded Iraq and removed Saddam Hussein. So yes CW, there’s plenty of blame to go around, but Bush and his war mongering cronies made the ignorantly stupid and deadly mistake of invading a country that had nothing to do with 9-11.

Look at the cluster fuk the Middle East is today.

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” Winston Churchill

Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan…. We didn’t lean shit.

So glad President Biden finally put an end to this money pit death trap. Cause that’s all it ever was.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 09-04-21 at 07:57 PM.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Never said troops weren’t lost under every president’s watch, including sadly, Joe Bidens.

The numbers show the real total of American lives lost because of blundering political policies and blood money greedy fuks who bought politicians to keep a losing war go’in for 20 fuk’in years.

37,235 actual total of Americans dead to occupy hostile countries, trillions of dollars spent, and the end result ….
    The Taliban now control the country.

The psychological affects of war long term are just as devastating as combat, we’ve known this for years now, yet ignorant fuks in in office kept the war machine turning. And for what? Yeah we gave the Afghan people some measure of freedom, but their own puss army who we trained for the past 20 years, couldn’t hold off a bunch of thugs with ak-47’s.

It was a losing proposition front the start. And Bush/Cheney destabilized the entire region when he invaded Iraq and removed Saddam Hussein. So yes CW, there’s plenty of blame to go around, but Bush and his war mongering cronies made the ignorantly stupid and deadly mistake of invading a country that had nothing to do with 9-11.

Look at the cluster fuk the Middle East is today.

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” Winston Churchill

Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan…. We didn’t lean shit.

So glad President Biden finally put an end to this money pit death trap. Cause that’s all it ever was.
    Why is Mikejizz in this thread? He sure as hell can't handicap and all his glory hole earnings are unreported cash and change under the table.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Bezos and Musk should pay 50% in taxes. No one on earth should be worth hundreds of billions when others are starving. The health care in this country is atrocious. Education? A nightmare.

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Bezos and Musk should pay 50% in taxes. No one on earth should be worth hundreds of billions when others are starving. The health care in this country is atrocious. Education? A nightmare.
    Holy 50%? You're just forcing all rich guys to spend money find creative ways to find loopholes, for example pay accountants and lawyers 5% in order to save 45% etc.

The answer is less taxes not more, the governments in all countries never spend tax money efficiently even the fancy Europeans - think of it like this, health care not going to get better with more taxes because the more taxes the more it waste away.

I don't got perfect answer to health care, but if you look at history when was there ever a time when the government has enough money to pay for everything? Never.

So instead of feeding the bottomless pit, get rid of the bottomless pit.

The time when there was no taxes was the time when health care was best because it was fair across the board and the rich freely gave to churches etc to do these things etc. Ok of course things cost more now than before but do so taxes, so still the answer is not throw more into the pit.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
    Holy 50%? You're just forcing all rich guys to spend money find creative ways to find loopholes, for example pay accountants and lawyers 5% in order to save 45% etc.

The answer is less taxes not more, the governments in all countries never spend tax money efficiently even the fancy Europeans - think of it like this, health care not going to get better with more taxes because the more taxes the more it waste away.

I don't got perfect answer to health care, but if you look at history when was there ever a time when the government has enough money to pay for everything? Never.

So instead of feeding the bottomless pit, get rid of the bottomless pit.

The time when there was no taxes was the time when health care was best because it was fair across the board and the rich freely gave to churches etc to do these things etc. Ok of course things cost more now than before but do so taxes, so still the answer is not throw more into the pit.
    I mean I'm exaggerating with 50%, but come on, no one, capitalism or not, should be worth that kind of money when others are dying of starvation in this country. I mean rent in Seattle for a decent place is like 3000 a month. How can anyone survive there if they don't make at least 150. With car and insurance and everything. Did you know that Bezos didn't pay taxes for years? There was a clause where he was exempt from paying federal taxes. That's pure insanity. The man is the richest person on the planet. Talk about paying fair share of taxes. We are getting clipped while this guy has gotten a free pass for half his life. Why? Because he sells toys on the internet?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    No, this is fake news. The 80+ billion figure is actually referring to the total the US has provided in security assistance since 2002, not the value of what was left there last week.

Think about it.

LMAO
    No

Here's the inventory

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/5658895001

And the figure is 10s of billions

Much simply scuttled

Government waste at its finest

Don't want to hear liberal say 1 fukking word about:

- women's rights
    - humanitarian efforts
    - pay more taxes
    - global warming
    - waste reduction/ recycling
    - energy conservation

You lost your validity on all Subject matter w these actions

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

I pay on my winnings over the years, I'm starting to think my tax dollars are being pissed away by our current leaders in power though today. Makes me not want to pay taxes anymore if I can get away with it.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Dblow the shit stain of SBR more concerned about junk ass equipment we left over there rather than the 7057 U.S. Service Members’ lives we lost fighting this Bush / Cheney quagmire of a losing war. And of course he asks what Bush has to do with it, cause he’s too fuk’in stupid to remember history or learn from it.

Tell you what dblow, we’ll pay to fly your dumb fuk ass over there and you can’t start a scrap metal recycling business with the Taliban. After all, your tax dollars paid for that equipment, so technically you own it. I’m sure they’ll understand, right after they shove an RPG up your ass and put your head on a spike.

This is all you could come up with fake Vegas video puss? A pay more taxes little bitch thread? Life at the bottom of the shit hole where you reside huh? What happened poor racist dblow?

Oh yeah that’s right, your boy trump got his ass reamed, black coaches and women are taking over professional sports, and your proud boys hillbillies are in FBI custody thanks to all that video you posted at your dumb fuks “gathering” on January 6th.

Rough couple of years for you brah, hope you got that covid vax.

And by the way dip shit, just so it’s clear in that feeble brain of yours. The families of fallen servicemen do not give a fuk what was left over there. They lost someone who will never be replaced.

Mike is a must read LMFAO

Thor4140

Jesus

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I mean I'm exaggerating with 50%, but come on, no one, capitalism or not, should be worth that kind of money when others are dying of starvation in this country. I mean rent in Seattle for a decent place is like 3000 a month. How can anyone survive there if they don't make at least 150. With car and insurance and everything. Did you know that Bezos didn't pay taxes for years? There was a clause where he was exempt from paying federal taxes. That's pure insanity. The man is the richest person on the planet. Talk about paying fair share of taxes. We are getting clipped while this guy has gotten a free pass for half his life. Why? Because he sells toys on the internet?
    Yeah, I know what you mean about wanting to take from the richest people in the world just to save lives of the poorest.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that taxing always is done with the best of intentions to use that money in the best possible way, but history has proven that it never works out that way and the tax money always gets embezzled or wasted or whatever, plus like you said above the richest like bezos and trump etc always find ways to pay nothing or next to nothing consistently - that's why I'm willing to try anything new like transitioning away from income/property taxes and let the governments find new revenue streams or just forces governments to spend less.

I do what I can buy never spending my money at amazon or walmart or mcdonald etc and just buy local things help local businesses.

It the principle of it to that taxes just discourage whatever is being taxed, so discussing people earning incomes and owning property - is just contrary to common sense.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
    I do what I can buy never spending my money at amazon or walmart or mcdonald etc and just buy local things help local businesses.
    For sure. I love that mentality and try to do it too even if it cost a little bit more.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Mike is a must read LMFAO
    Only you would think AssJamm is a good read and funny. Dude posts mindless long wordy rude rants. Plays on a child guitar he bought from Walmart on sale. Probably didn't even learn how to play the basic rip Smoke on the Water yet.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    No

Here's the inventory

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/5658895001

And the figure is 10s of billions

Much simply scuttled

Government waste at its finest

Don't want to hear liberal say 1 fukking word about:

- women's rights
    - humanitarian efforts
    - pay more taxes
    - global warming
    - waste reduction/ recycling
    - energy conservation

You lost your validity on all Subject matter w these actions

No, as usual you didn't read or understand the link you offered...

Here's the very first line from the link you posted...

The U.S. military likely abandoned tens of millions of dollars’ worth of aircraft, armored vehicles and sophisticated defensive systems in the rush to leave the airport in Kabul safely...
    Later in the article you linked it talks about the overall contribution...overy 20 years...

...All told, the Pentagon left behind tens of billions of dollars' worth of equipment given to Afghan security forces. The U.S. government spent $83 billion to train and equip the Afghan army, according to the special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction...
    Here's a link from Forbes...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vikramm...h=577154296a52

...There is also a common complaint about the money wasted on this equipment. While some quote the cost as being $85 billion, the price tag is closer to $18 billion, spread out over almost 20 years. While still substantial, much of this equipment was originally sent over for use by NATO forces. Rather than spend to have the vehicles shipped out of Afghanistan, it was simply cheaper to refurbish them and gift them to the Afghan National Army....
    When you are so caught up in liberal vs. conservative you just choose to ignore the facts offered.

I'm not speaking to the truth of the facts, simply to your warping of these stories to fit some kind of agenda. They aren't sure of the number, but the 80+ billion is what I said it is referring to.

This is why SBR is a haven for mis and dis information, you guys just can't help yourselves.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jackpot269

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Holy shit, leader in the clubhouse for one-liner of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Only you would think AssJamm is a good read and funny. Dude posts mindless long wordy rude rants. Plays on a child guitar he bought from Walmart on sale. Probably didn't even learn how to play the basic rip Smoke on the Water yet.
    Can't speak to that, but bet he knows the riff. C'mon Jiblets, that was funny

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8353

You libtards are some non comprehending, A.D.D. lil fukers

Are you still all fuked up in the head because you can't find a random guy to room with you in Vegas? What does the Biden admin leaving 90 billion in military equipment recently have to do with people who unfortunately died there in the last 20 years? That would be like some guy stiffing you your $5 at the Glory Hole and then saying "But what about all the people who have died of AIDs, why aren't you worried about that?" when you ask him for it.

Once again, why are you conflating laziness and wastefulness in the last week or so with what happened in a war for the last 20 years? Did I say, "forget all the money we spent and the people that died because 90 billion was left behind"? Why not bring up everyone who died in WWII and Vietnam? Is that what we should do, every time the gov does something stupid and wasteful just say, "Yeah but people are dying and have died so who cares, do whatever."?

It amazes me how many leftists there are playing poker here, considering poker is a game of info processing and logic. Then I remember, it's free to play here and then it makes complete sense.
    You think im a leftists? That says a lot, I have almost as much dislike or disgust for the left as I do the right the fact that you think that about me just because I made a point you did not like. KVB's post in response to minn fats is a good read!! I think its a shame it cost the USA, most of all any American LIVES, money, or equipment in Afghanistan under all the Bad Presidents of the last 20 years!! Biden, Trump, Obama, or Bush, the legacy they have left, history will remember the failure for the Right and Left. What side they represent makes no difference to me. The fact that both sides thinks they are always right and the other side is always wrong means the American people always lose!!

People who can only see flaws on one side are blind to the truth.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    You think im a leftists? That says a lot, I have almost as much dislike or disgust for the left as I do the right the fact that you think that about me just because I made a point you did not like...
    This ^^^ seems rampant at SBR.

My post isn't meant to argue, it's meant for clarification and when there is more, I'll admit that. I most certainly do not aim to argue a political side, but I do see that the Biden Admin has made efforts to cover up or not release the info and reports on the value of what was left. That was from Forbes as well, but not sure if it was the article I linked. Not surprising for any administration, really, but something for the "other side" to bitch about nonetheless.

I corrected a COVID fact a few weeks back and the only response from some was to call me liberal.

Makes no sense, especially when it's so far off, like with us Jackpot. And it means there's no discussion or conversation.

I'm for uniting, not dividing, but I am against misinformation. I get so torn as I feel we are all responsible for combating misinfo, but it's an impossible thing to do at SBR when it comes to many posters. You could be doing it all day and it will still get twisted again tomorrow.

Speaking of misinformation, I'm trying to get back into posting sports, and I offered this earlier, with some follow up posts in the thread...

lol, Dallas isn't even a blip on the contrarian radar.

Not even a blip.

Everyone has it wrong, everyone thinks TB is some kind of huge public play.

At this point, they are not. But I do see some liability for the books with the TB moneyline.

When it comes to the spread, the books have been moving the line to manage the risk. Now, if they had kept this line at -6 or -6.5, and took all that TB action without moving, there would be a different story here.

But as they have moved through 7 and 8, Dallas has gotten the action.

This is what it looks like from my desk...

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8353

Originally Posted by KVB
    lol, Dallas isn't even a blip on the contrarian radar.

Not even a blip.

Everyone has it wrong, everyone thinks TB is some kind of huge public play.

At this point, they are not. But I do see some liability for the books with the TB moneyline.

When it comes to the spread, the books have been moving the line to manage the risk. Now, if they had kept this line at -6 or -6.5, and took all that TB action without moving, there would be a different story here.

But as they have moved through 7 and 8, Dallas has gotten the action.

This is what it looks like from my desk...

You know how numbers effect games a lot better than I do but once you go past 7 in the nfl it makes a huge difference !! When a line moves as much as this one and goes past 7 if you had tb at 6 or 6.5 and it now is at 9 is it a good place to try and middle it

Points Awarded:

KVB gave jackpot269 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Holy shit, leader in the clubhouse for one-liner of the year

Can't speak to that, but bet he knows the riff. C'mon Jiblets, that was funny
    Riff not Rip. Typo man.. ..

Thor4140

No, as usual you didn't read or understand the link you offered...

Here's the very first line from the link you posted...

Later in the article you linked it talks about the overall contribution...overy 20 years...

Here's a link from Forbes...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vikramm...h=577154296a52

When you are so caught up in liberal vs. conservative you just choose to ignore the facts offered.

I'm not speaking to the truth of the facts, simply to your warping of these stories to fit some kind of agenda. They aren't sure of the number, but the 80+ billion is what I said it is referring to.

This is why SBR is a haven for mis and dis information, you guys just can't help yourselves.
    Any post fats post that has numbers in it you can bet it is all bullshit. I can’t imagine the money he skims of of those nitwits he deals with its his payday loan scams.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I pay on my winnings over the years, I'm starting to think my tax dollars are being pissed away by our current leaders in power though today. Makes me not want to pay taxes anymore if I can get away with it.
    Jibby you might be one of the biggest squares here. You haven’t paid one red cent in taxes in your gullible life for fuks sakes. Squares never pay taxes on their winnings. they never have to.

First 12