stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Alabama sophomore Qb Bryce Young close to a Million bucks now

Hasn’t even played. Saban just keeps winning

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Alabama football coach Nick Saban hasn't officially named Bryce Young the Crimson Tide's starting quarterback, and yet Saban says that Young is already approaching $1 million in endorsement deals.

According to reports, Saban told the Texas High School Coaches Association's convention on Tuesday that Young, a sophomore, is due to make "ungodly numbers."

While Saban wouldn't divulge the specifics of the deals Young has signed, Saban said the total compensation is "almost seven figures."

"And it's like, the guy hasn't even played yet," Saban said, according to The Athletic. "But that's because of our brand."

Asked at SEC Media Days about Young's potential compensation, Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin said, "That number just blew me away.

"He's made $1 million, and he hasn't started a game yet. Wow."

"That's great for him," Kiffin added, then later joked, "He definitely doesn't need to play against us this year."

Young signed a deal to be represented by Creative Artists Agency on July 2 -- the day after the NCAA allowed athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness.
    So far, Young's only public endorsement has been in the form of a tweet for the company Cash App.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Madness

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What a joke

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Hasn’t even played. Saban just keeps winning
    Saban playing chess. Everyone else playing marbles.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

This new era is going to help the "powerhouses" even more. Everyone's gonna wanna go where they can be big time and get endorsements. Not gonna get that at some random MAC school or whatever. Gonna be all about chasing the dollars.

I mean, I do think players should be paid and get the benefit of their work, but the net effect is really not gonna be good.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: EasyCover

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    What a joke
    Good for him. Kid can use that money to do whatever. Why hate?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I still don't understand how this isn't going to cause animosity with the players who aren't getting paid anything.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    This new era is going to help the "powerhouses" even more. Everyone's gonna wanna go where they can be big time and get endorsements. Not gonna get that at some random MAC school or whatever. Gonna be all about chasing the dollars.

I mean, I do think players should be paid and get the benefit of their work, but the net effect is really not gonna be good.
    All the D1 powerhouses should just dump the conferences they are in and start their own. Let everyone else play the conference game. It’s over as we know it anyway. Probably for the better.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

They were being paid, it is called a free education but that is a whole different debate. But this is going to get so messy. Imagine handing a chunk of cash to a teenager on a college campus, what could go wrong? I mean the arrests and stupid shit will skyrocket by 1000%. Broke kids get in enough trouble but start handing out hundreds of thousands of dollars and see what transpires. The drama is going to be epic.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I still don't understand how this isn't going to cause animosity with the players who aren't getting paid anything.
    Why? If you are marketable, you will make money. If you are not marketable, you won't. Step up your game. Don't hate the player. I want my teammate to get paid. Hell, he's buying all the drinks. Hopefully the money flows all ways.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    They were being paid, it is called a free education but that is a whole different debate. But this is going to get so messy. Imagine handing a chunk of cash to a teenager on a college campus, what could go wrong? I mean the arrests and stupid shit will skyrocket by 1000%. Broke kids get in enough trouble but start handing out hundreds of thousands of dollars and see what transpires. The drama is going to be epic.
    I see a couple of popular players potentially getting murdered in robbery attempts on campuses. At least in the pros, you have some sort of support system to keep these kids in line. Throw money at them on campus with little supervision? Something bad is going to happen somewhere.

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4511

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Lock 🔒 those daughters…
    The rapes and coverups will be out of control

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I see a couple of popular players potentially getting murdered in robbery attempts on campuses. At least in the pros, you have some sort of support system to keep these kids in line. Throw money at them on campus with little supervision? Something bad is going to happen somewhere.
    You can count on it.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Why? If you are marketable, you will make money. If you are not marketable, you won't. Step up your game. Don't hate the player. I want my teammate to get paid. Hell, he's buying all the drinks. Hopefully the money flows all ways.
    Maybe in an adult world, but we're talking about kids here. You'll have guys playing their ass off getting next to nothing looking at some hotshot on their team driving a new car with an entourage, and the jealousy will flow.

Giving kids millions of dollars just seems like a recipe for disaster.

jjgold

Yep dead on

Maybe in an adult world, but we're talking about kids here. You'll have guys playing their ass off getting next to nothing looking at some hotshot on their team driving a new car with an entourage, and the jealousy will flow.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Good for him. Fukk college football. Don't care about retards

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

You don't think some broke thug playing for Jacksonville state playing bamas tuneup game isn't going to want to kill one of these dudes getting rich.

jjgold

Spro true

Mac4Lyfe

If you play your ass off you are not going to get next to nothing. Jealousy? Come on man. ALL D1 football players are Big Men on Campus. I had more pussy thrown at me in college then ever. You are part of a team. No jealousy. One goal. You work your ass off, blood, sweat and tears. Football is a fraternity. Some guys had the fancy cars, nice clothes, nice apartments, etc. That's motivation, not jealousy.

Mac4Lyfe

Athletes are much smarter than the general student population. Most athletes are much more disciplined. For every fukk up you hear about, there's dozens of guys who keep their noses clean. It's very dishonest to think that athletes are irresponsible, so let's not trust them with money. While everyone else is getting paid.

Kermit

If you play your ass off you are not going to get next to nothing. Jealousy? Come on man. ALL D1 football players are Big Men on Campus. I had more pussy thrown at me in college then ever. You are part of a team. No jealousy. One goal. You work your ass off, blood, sweat and tears. Football is a fraternity. Some guys had the fancy cars, nice clothes, nice apartments, etc. That's motivation, not jealousy.
    Money changes everything.

I've seen families torn apart over it. You think college kids are above that? You're a lineman getting paid shit blocking for some QB who has a million bucks in his pocket and you're going to be fine with that?

C'mon Mac.

Kermit

Athletes are much smarter than the general student population. Most athletes are much more disciplined. For every fukk up you hear about, there's dozens of guys who keep their noses clean. It's very dishonest to think that athletes are irresponsible, so let's not trust them with money. While everyone else is getting paid.
    Yeah, they've been real smart handling money in the NFL.

About 10 years ago, we sold a H1 Hummer to a kid who played for the Cleveland Browns and was on the DL for tearing his quad. He had 30k left to his name and bought the Hummer with it. I don't think he ever played in the NFL again.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Yeah but being the starting quarterback at the University of Alabama somewhat represents the peak of college football right now, million dollar deals are gonna be few are far between for the other 99 percent.

A high profile player could probably go to a place like Ann Arbor, MI or Lincoln, NE and sign a lucrative deal with a local institution even though those schools aren't exactly a "powerhouse" program at the moment.

Mac4Lyfe

Yeah, they've been real smart handling money in the NFL.
    About 10 years ago, we sold a H1 Hummer to a kid who played for the Cleveland Browns and was on the DL for tearing his quad. He had 30k left to his name and bought the Hummer with it. I don't think he ever played in the NFL again.
    Many years ago I bought a Ferrari in Miami and who was buying one the same day as me? Leroy Hoard of the Browns. That was on a Friday, I went to the Bahamas over the weekend. I went back to the dealership on Monday to fill out paperwork to ship it to California. The head manager told me Hoard bought another Ferrari as well. Who the hell buys 2 Ferraris at the same time??? Why not buy a convertible drop top Spider and a drop top Mercedes, in the same week like I did. He was making money but not like that. Anyway, you would never, ever believe how much money I've blown. Plus how much money I paid the IRS added to what they stole. I hire very high paying execs and engineers. Some of the smartest people you'll ever meet cannot handle a huge influx of money. I've given up trying to tell people how they should spend/save their money. Every man has to figure it out on their own. NFL players are no different from the hundreds of men who have blown it all. Would you rather them never making the money???

Mac4Lyfe

Money changes everything.
    I've seen families torn apart over it. You think college kids are above that? You're a lineman getting paid shit blocking for some QB who has a million bucks in his pocket and you're going to be fine with that?
    C'mon Mac.
    I've seen more families torn apart from the lack of money. Poor housing, poor schools/education, poor nutrition and health, divorced parents fighting over the lack of money. Money is all relative... the more money you have, the more relatives you have. Most relatives have hands shaped like cups. Can only beg. Each man has to figure it out for themselves.

My college roommate was worth millions of dollars from his family. Had an inheritance, a trust and an endowment. I never ever heard of any of those things. Why wouldn't I be fine with that? Was I going to kill him over his money? Come on Kermit. There's a lot of well of kids in college. Most of the golfers on the team came from wealth. Tremendous wealth. Do you really think you are going to be on a team for long with that attitude. You don't block, you don't play. You don't play, you are no longer on the team.

Kermit

Many years ago I bought a Ferrari in Miami and who was buying one the same day as me? Leroy Hoard of the Browns. That was on a Friday, I went to the Bahamas over the weekend. I went back to the dealership on Monday to fill out paperwork to ship it to California. The head manager told me Hoard bought another Ferrari as well. Who the hell buys 2 Ferraris at the same time??? Why not buy a convertible drop top Spider and a drop top Mercedes, in the same week like I did. He was making money but not like that. Anyway, you would never, ever believe how much money I've blown. Plus how much money I paid the IRS added to what they stole. I hire very high paying execs and engineers. Some of the smartest people you'll ever meet cannot handle a huge influx of money. I've given up trying to tell people how they should spend/save their money. Every man has to figure it out on their own. NFL players are no different from the hundreds of men who have blown it all. Would you rather them never making the money???
    No, I am perfectly fine with the college kids making money. I just want to see everyone getting a piece of it.

I would just hate to read about some bullshit happening and it going back to the way that it was where they are not allowed to get paid.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Mac, I lived with 3 D1 football guys who are life long friends in college. Black/white, etc... those guys worked their asses off in college. Had zero free time really. Sure, there were knuckle heads on the squad but the majority of them were great people. I also enjoyed the fringe pussy when we threw a party. They deserve to get paid and it will change the landscape. Maybe for the better.

spro23

Mac4lyfe are you stupid? You think because the white golf team comes from well-off families means LaQuarius and Jamal from the ghetto on the football team are going to behave the same?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

In the end, a handful of players will make millions, a bunch will make thousands and everyone else will make nothing; team chemistry will be gone. HS teams will have trouble finding kids who don't want to play QB.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    In the end, a handful of players will make millions, a bunch will make thousands and everyone else will make nothing; team chemistry will be gone. HS teams will have trouble finding kids who don't want to play QB.

So are you saying there are going to be a lot more Jared Lorenzen's on the horizon who should be in a three-point stance but went out for quarterback instead?

spro23

The NCAA only threw them this bone to cover up the billions in ticket sales and tv money they're robbing the football players of. They know it looks bad but it had to be done since they're taking billions off unpaid black men.

Mac4Lyfe

No, I am perfectly fine with the college kids making money. I just want to see everyone getting a piece of it.
    I would just hate to read about some bullshit happening and it going back to the way that it was where they are not allowed to get paid.
    I really wish the schools would setup an endowment for student athletes. Base it on how many years you play and that you have to graduate. So that way when an athlete graduates they would have some money to start a business, buy a house etc. It doesn't have to be huge sums of money (these million dollar deals seems way too high) but a $50k endowment could go a long way for a kid that worked their butts off for 4 years. The top tiered guys are the ones that really don't need it but those are very few.

I do think we may hear some horror stories as a result of this. No way around it. Some guy may get addicted to drugs or gambling for sure. There really needs to be a lot of interventions and trainings to help these kids not go stupid.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Mac, I lived with 3 D1 football guys who are life long friends in college. Black/white, etc... those guys worked their asses off in college. Had zero free time really. Sure, there were knuckle heads on the squad but the majority of them were great people. I also enjoyed the fringe pussy when we threw a party. They deserve to get paid and it will change the landscape. Maybe for the better.
    I would have never graduated if it wasn't for a guy that came to UF from WestPoint. He was incredibly disciplined and had a ridiculous work ethic. I thought I was working hard but I was playing around my first year and a half. He helped several of us up our game. We did miss a lot of parties and pussy because of him though. lol

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Pretty much what we have today...

12 Last