Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

2 Texas A&M Players Paid $10K Each For Interviews

Media access to college football players appears to be in for a big change thanks to the new rules regarding name, image and likeness. Two Texas A&M football players are taking home $10,000 each for exclusive interviews with an Aggie fan site.

On Friday, TexAgs.com hosted “an NIL event” sponsored by GreenPrint Real Estate Group. Running back Isaiah Spiller and safety Demani Richardson were compensated by the real estate company for exclusive interviews with TexAgs.

According to the Houston Chronicle, here’s what TexAgs co-owner and executive editor Billy Liucci posted on TexAgs about the event and compensated interviews:
    “This took a lot of work in order to make sure everything was on the up-and-up and by the book in terms of the new NIL rules and this uncharted territory, but it was worth it to see how excited the guys were for the opportunity. I also think everyone wins here, from the content to the student athletes and, of course, for you the subscribers.”

GreenPrint owners Geoff Myers and Randy Hightower offered a statement on TexAgs.com:

“As Aggie business owners, we embrace any opportunity to support local student athletes and the Aggie community as a whole. With the collegiate athletic landscape rapidly changing, GreenPrint is thrilled to partner with TexAgs and these two young men in this exciting new endeavor.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Some players will make more as amateurs than as professionals. I hope that the media stops reporting what the players are getting paid in NIL so that the focus can actually be on the field. I don’t care what the players get for their services one bit because I know how much some teams and fan bases want to win.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

This is really crazy. It just shows how much value these guys are offering.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 992

As long as I can ask them why they can’t beat Alabama.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    As long as I can ask them why they can’t beat Alabama.
    Alabama players get paid $25,000 per interview and $100,000 just for showing up at Alabama.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Pandora's box opened with all this

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This is good. Now they can afford to pay smart Asian classmates to do their homework.

Roger T. Bannon

I can't wait until these guys start transferring just for the money.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Can you imagine all the trouble they’re going to get into you’re talking about people with six grade education

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Can you imagine all the trouble they’re going to get into you’re talking about people with six grade education
    The ones with money will shark to the players with none.

"You motherfuckers owe me 3 points"

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

barstool has many student athletes

will sbr get any????

Roger T. Bannon

Somebody should really protect these athletes from making money. It is going to cause all kinds of problems and white guys are going to get upset.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

now it's over the table instead of under. nothing to see here. move on.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    now it's over the table instead of under. nothing to see here. move on.
    Yeah now they have to file taxes for this income. So before it was $5,000 cash under then table..now is $10,000 and a W-2 to give half to Uncle Sam.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    Alabama players get paid $25,000 per interview and $100,000 just for showing up at Alabama.
    You are 1000% correct.

mjsuax13

I can't wait until these guys start transferring just for the money.
    Another correct statement. That will 1000% happen.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19551

It won't be long before players start demanding money to appear at pre and post-game press conferences, which is how it should be.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A disaster waiting to happen and most will have trouble with IRS, the money will all be spent and then end of year they owe 30k

lol

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

This is all xiden’s plan. Ruin sports with trannies, and now ruin the conferences with pay-to-play

Roger T. Bannon

College players will be getting paid in 10 years. This is going to become such a huge embarrassment and colleges will lose control of the players to the point they will just decide to start paying the players instead of the coaches.

Brock Landers

a disaster waiting to happen and most will have trouble with irs, the money will all be spent and then end of year they owe 30k

lol
    lol!

Yes!

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

A disaster waiting to happen and most will have trouble with IRS, the money will all be spent and then end of year they owe 30k

lol
    Adults who have worked for years have trouble with the IRS so that won’t be anything new. Everyone has to file taxes anyway after they start working so trouble with the IRS is just a welcoming to adulthood.

mem5757
    mem5757's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

No one is outraged that old white guy Jimbo Fisher gets paid $10M a year to finish 3rd in his division. But two players get paid 1/1000th of his salary and that's breaking news lol.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by mem5757 View Post
    No one is outraged that old white guy Jimbo Fisher gets paid $10M a year to finish 3rd in his division. But two players get paid 1/1000th of his salary and that's breaking news lol.
    That is what drives me nuts. The pay the coach 10 million where they could have used that money to give scholarships to more students.

So they pay him a million per game each year and some of the games they are favored by more than 30 points to win. Tough to lose these games. And then he loses to Bama and Georgia and Florida every year and it's considered a successful year.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

College players will be getting paid in 10 years. This is going to become such a huge embarrassment and colleges will lose control of the players to the point they will just decide to start paying the players instead of the coaches.
    The coaches will be paying the players from their salaries to make it look fair and to get the best players. It will factor down to how much does the coach want to win based on how much they want to keep a get or keep a player around.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    The coaches will be paying the players from their salaries to make it look fair and to get the best players. It will factor down to how much does the coach want to win based on how much they want to keep a get or keep a player around.
    I don't think any coach is paying out of pocket. They have boosters willing to pay $13 million for a fired coach. Do you know how many players you can buy for $13 million? A lot.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I don't think any coach is paying out of pocket. They have boosters willing to pay $13 million for a fired coach. Do you know how many players you can buy for $13 million? A lot.
    When Spurrier was still coaching at Florida he was on the record recommending coaches pay the players from the coaching salaries. That was 20+ years ago when the coaches were making a little over a million to 2 million. Could do the same thing today and the coaches wouldn’t notice the money is missing. Think of the coaches who have donated back to the schools, built libraries, etc. Are you going to tell me they can’t pay the players from their salaries?? Its just a matter of time and the way it looks. In every other industry the top candidates get premium perks to join the company, this is no different.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Spurrier doubled down and brought up paying the players again through coaching salaries at South Carolina in 2013. He even had 6 other SEC coaches agree with him then. So it could happen sooner versus later.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Some players will make more as amateurs than as professionals. I hope that the media stops reporting what the players are getting paid in NIL so that the focus can actually be on the field. I don’t care what the players get for their services one bit because I know how much some teams and fan bases want to win.
    I wonder how teammates are going to feel knowing that the guys they are playing with are getting paid 10's of $1,000's of dollars while they aren't getting anything.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I wonder how teammates are going to feel knowing that the guys they are playing with are getting paid 10's of $1,000's of dollars while they aren't getting anything.
    Most of the players don’t have any type of money problems and actually get cars, money, support, etc, from home/parents. No player on any team will starve or go without ANYTHING. It didn’t happen before NIL and it won’t happen after NIL. There are guys playing with players who have 10,000 times the talent they have and they are ok with that. So 10,000 dollars shouldn’t be a big deal. Some players parents are millionaires and others have parents working at Walmart, but they still play on the same team and work for a common goal. The folks on the outside seem more concerned than the actual players and how they will handle being comrades and teammates.

Roger T. Bannon

When Spurrier was still coaching at Florida he was on the record recommending coaches pay the players from the coaching salaries. That was 20+ years ago when the coaches were making a little over a million to 2 million. Could do the same thing today and the coaches wouldn’t notice the money is missing. Think of the coaches who have donated back to the schools, built libraries, etc. Are you going to tell me they can’t pay the players from their salaries?? Its just a matter of time and the way it looks. In every other industry the top candidates get premium perks to join the company, this is no different.
    Yeah, Spurrier said players should get paid. Pretty sure thing he never actually paid any. He had boosters for that. But if I was coaching at UTEP, I'd use all of my salary to pay players. Your return on that investment is going to be huge when you land the job at UT.

The obvious solution is just to pay the players instead of Spurrier. Let Spurrier coach for $250,000. It just makes you feel better if Spurrier pays.
    Last edited by Roger T. Bannon; 07-19-21 at 07:27 PM.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    They are just going to transfer somewhere and try to get paid themselves. If you can't get paid at Alabama, you transfer to someplace that gives you a better chance.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Quote Originally Posted by mem5757 View Post
    So many people here have their feelings hurt because they are worried about some college kids and their paychecks. This stuff has been going on forever. These posters would be shocked to see how much better their own life would be if they stopped worrying about other people's pocketbooks.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    So many people here have their feelings hurt because they are worried about some college kids and their paychecks. This stuff has been going on forever. These posters would be shocked to see how much better their own life would be if they stopped worrying about other people's pocketbooks.
    The media seems hell bent on making it look like the athletes are getting over on the system. The media is the antagonist in this situation. Report on the games and a few good back stories and move on. I don’t want a 20/20 Dateline type story on ANY of the players and their NIL goodies. Its none of my business. There was zero reporting of how many players had nothing and left with nothing.