Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Bezos gives Van Jones 100 million

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

He gave 100 million for him to give away. He didn't give it to him personally.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    He gave 100 million for him to give away. He didn't give it to him personally.
    He said he could do whatever with it

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2356

get the reparation train fired up!!!

Jeff Bezos followed up his 11-minute flight to the edge of space Tuesday with an extended press appearance in which he announced the gift of $100 million each to CNN political contributor Van Jones and chef José Andrés.
    “They can give all to their own charity or they can share their wealth. It’s all up to them,” Bezos said, as he announced what he called the Courage and Civility Award.
    “Sometimes dreams come true,” Jones said, adding that “the headlines around the world should be, anything is possible if you believe.”
    Andrés, who started the nonprofit World Central Kitchen to feed those affected by natural disasters, said, “This award itself cannot feed the world on its own, but this is the start of a new chapter for us.”

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Good for him/them

Learn to score here or there

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

His ex-wife gave a lot of money away to colleges. I don't understand what you laugh for. The money is given to people or foundations that do good for other misfortunate people.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Jose Andres is an amazing chef

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Who did you give 100MM to???????????????????

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

You'd think he'd give an extra dollar an hour to his employees....

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    He said he could do whatever with it
    Meaning whatever charity he wants.

If he actually gave it to him personally, Bezos would owe at least 35 million in gift tax.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

All part of the grift.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Clowns

I wouldn’t doubt if he was giving him the black cok in the ass

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

Misfortunate people? Bezos's main goal is to destroy america and make everyone a peasant slave. Why do you think he promotes open borders? He hates the white working class.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    You'd think he'd give an extra dollar an hour to his employees....
    That would cost a lot more than 200 million. Plus, Amazon pays wages, not Bezos. But yeah, that would be the ultimate for him every now and then to gift a thousand bucks to all Amazon employees. Wonder if that could fly with the taxman. If truly a "gift", no tax for anyone on that. A gift is not income and as long as it's under 15k per recipient no gift tax to Bezos.

MinnesotaFats

That would cost a lot more than 200 million. Plus, Amazon pays wages, not Bezos. But yeah, that would be the ultimate for him every now and then to gift a thousand bucks to all Amazon employees. Wonder if that could fly with the taxman. If truly a "gift", no tax for anyone on that. A gift is not income and as long as it's under 15k per recipient no gift tax to Bezos.
    Well ya, he's the chairman & president of Amazon I assume. He could order a bonus to workers, stock options or defer executives compensation in lue of employee wages.

They get such bad PR every XMAS season because of the conditions & hours.

Having run FX Ground I assure you the tales are not fabricated.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Well ya, he's the chairman & president of Amazon I assume. He could order a bonus to workers, stock options or defer executives compensation in lue of employee wages.

Nothing celebrates the birth of the savior like buying Chinese garbage made by slave labor and then delivered by companies slave driving the American worker and bitching about it being a day late and not tipping the driver.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

No, that's different. Amazon didn't give 100 mil to Van Jones, Bezos did.

I'm saying what if Bezos said tomorrow "I'm personally gifting $1,000 to every Amazon employee today, because I love them all". Written from Jeff's personal bank account. Is that income or a gift?

MinnesotaFats

Yes, Bezos is Amazon. Bezos doesn't have $100 mm cash, he sold $100mm worth of Amazon stock to get it. The individual & company are not indisguinishable at this point.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 992

He should thank the Amazon customer and Employee for gifting $100 million each to those guys.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    His ex-wife gave a lot of money away to colleges. I don't understand what you laugh for. The money is given to people or foundations that do good for other misfortunate people.
    lmao liberal pavy checking in

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2201

I'll give something...

Saloon this shit!!!

😂😂😂

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, Bezos is Amazon. Bezos doesn't have $100 mm cash, he sold $100mm worth of Amazon stock to get it. The individual & company are not indisguinishable at this point.
    And you know this how? He's sold over 27 billion Amazon stock in the past, I'm sure he has more than $100m.

As to this gift, he probably did gift Amazon stock rather than cash. Otherwise, the $100m cost him $120m.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    He should thank the Amazon customer and Employee for gifting $100 million each to those guys.
    He literally did.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

"Foundations"

And Bill Gates cares about you too, right pavy?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Maybe he should pay for his employees kids tuition or rent???

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Maybe he should pay for his employees kids tuition or rent???
    Amazon has like 1.5 million employees. The 200 million he gave away would be less than 150 bucks per.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    "Foundations"

And Bill Gates cares about you too, right pavy?
    This money creates a lot of jobs. The money she gave to colleges is used on construction projects that were on blueprints and couldn't be built without funding. So a lot of small businesses get work.

The money Bezos gave to the chef creates jobs for people to sell their produce, prepare and deliver meals.

This is a better trickle down for the economy than the tax cuts Trump passed. A lot of these tax breaks are not put back into the economy.

So again I'm asking who is being hurt by the donations to these colleges and foundations? This is good for the economy.

MinnesotaFats

And you know this how? He's sold over 27 billion Amazon stock in the past, I'm sure he has more than $100m.

As to this gift, he probably did gift Amazon stock rather than cash. Otherwise, the $100m cost him $120m.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....ore-taxes/amp/

According to SEC filings he sold $1.5billion worth of AMZ stock 6 weeks ago. This is how he gets cash. He takes options owned, holds them, let's them vest, then sells. In fact, I'd be SHOCKED if his actual salary was even $100k...no shit.

He hasn't had much tax liable prior According to your political leaders....

MinnesotaFats

This money creates a lot of jobs. The money she gave to colleges is used on construction projects that were on blueprints and couldn't be built without funding. So a lot of small businesses get work.

The money Bezos gave to the chef creates jobs for people to sell their produce, prepare and deliver meals.

This is a better trickle down for the economy than the tax cuts Trump passed. A lot of these tax breaks are not put back into the economy.

So again I'm asking who is being hurt by the donations to these colleges and foundations? This is good for the economy.
    There are very few foundations that even give 60 cents on the dollar to their targets. It all goes to overhead, same w US tax policy. It's all overhead. Trickle down w limited government is the truest form of wealth redistribution you can have as it's market driven w no overhead outside of government oversight

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

There are very few foundations that even give 60 cents on the dollar to their targets. It all goes to overhead, same w US tax policy. It's all overhead. Trickle down w limited government is the truest form of wealth redistribution you can have as it's market driven w no overhead outside of government oversight
    So you are OK with Amazon getting billions of tax breaks from the government but against Bezos and his ex-wife donating money to foundations because the money is going to be wasted?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Love that yall know how to spend his money better than he does

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Love that yall know how to spend his money better than he does
    It's not his money. It's foundation money. Big difference. Guys with this much money don't just "give money away". Wake up

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    It's not his money. It's foundation money. Big difference. Guys with this much money don't just "give money away". Wake up
    Link that it was foundation money and not just some pocket change laying around?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Amazon has like 1.5 million employees. The 200 million he gave away would be less than 150 bucks per.
    If I have to explain the joke it's not nearly as fun

MinnesotaFats

So you are OK with Amazon getting billions of tax breaks from the government but against Bezos and his ex-wife donating money to foundations because the money is going to be wasted?
    Yes. In short, Amazon's tax breaks are derived from the States. The US tax code is built around low capital gains and deductions to spur investments and purchase of capital improvements.

I do not like executives taking advantage of this to the extent the Uber wealthy do by collecting all their compensation via capital gains thou.

I looked up Bezos salary. $81,000 per year for 15 years. Guy literally never paid ant actual income tax, only capital gains. There needs to be a limit on that...something like a lifetime cap at $40 mm (adjustable) and then everything thereafter taxed as income. That's more fair. I do not believe Companies should be taxed at all on income, but the current code allows for this, I also don't believe any individual should be taxed under $100k annually....and have no issue with a 40% - 45% income tax on anything over $10 mm/ yr on income. I'd even do a $50% tax on windfalls over $20mm.

12 Last