RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Nope, it's on the banned substance list. Doesn't matter if it's legal or even if a doctor prescribes it.
    Most jobs I've worked had a zero tolerance to drugs. One failed test and your ass was on the streets. Guys would try all methods to pass the tests. Why not just follow the damn rules. Haha

so you agree with me?

weird

i might have to rethink my thoughts

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

my gawd at this thread, a lot of foot eating going in here. I get the weed effects people differently, but how to be people not know what marijuana does in general?

Bummer for Sha'Carri, it's abummer man.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

smoke weed and your a druggie in my book

A junkie

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    At 3:05 listen to her try to say "responsibility"
    She was definitely nervous and just kind of rambling. Somebody should have wrote a statement for her.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    But would you fuk her?

Is he/she really competing in the Olympics??? She really doesn't look that strong in the pic. I haven't watched woman's weightlifting in years but the last time I saw it, most of the competitors looked like this. Not a pretty sight.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    She was definitely nervous and just kind of rambling. Somebody should have wrote a statement for her.
    Agreed.

That was a disaster of in interview. The interviewer realized she's not being articulate or clear, and literally walked her through her answers.

I can see why the race card might be coming next.

She gives legitimate marijuana users, for reasons she's trying, albeit ignorantly, to express for her own use, a bad look.

I supported her, for the most part (bad rule, but don't break the rules) until her lying ass revealed her cards in that interview.

She's just regretful she got caught, and dragging her dead mother into it was classless too.

The interviewer was patronizing too. If the athlete had been white, it seems like that would have gone differently.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

What was the point of the interview anyways? I mean I could see if she was going to appeal it but she admitted she was toking. So she went on national TV to try to get people to feel sorry for her or what?

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    What was the point of the interview anyways? I mean I could see if she was going to appeal it but she admitted she was toking. So she went on national TV to try to get people to feel sorry for her or what?
    Pretty much. The hope is if enough people are on her side, they'll cave and let her race anyway.

jjgold

She will be running she is black

This is all BS

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Dragging her dead mother into it, on national TV, that's some really fukked up shit.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave KVB 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    of course its why I have no more social media
    I'm not on social media anymore either since facebook and twitter banned Trump. Must boycott any company (monopoly) that bans free speech because of a political side.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

smoke weed and your a druggie in my book

A junkie
    Aren't you a crackhead? I sometimes see white powder on your nose

Weed is actually good for you, if you're not high all day and everyday

When you start popping Xanax and Oxys like candy like some posters on SBR, that's when you become a junkie

jjgold

75% of people that smoke weed on a regular basis graduate to harder drugs I’m an expert

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1488

Rudy, you really seem to think weed is the only way people can get to sleep and it's that big of an advantage lol. Are these athletes allowed prescriptions like benzo or ambien? If so, those are 50x more helpful and putting you into a sleep coma to recover. What about CBD? That's the sleep aid that most ppl i know take. I agree that she is a moron and should be rightfully facked for breaking known rules. Weed is all fine and dandy in most of the US, but you can go to jail for life in other countries. This is an international event. Be dumber lady....

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

She smoked and cost herself millions in endorsements that she would have received after these olympics. Then her statement about being young and that she will have plenty of time to succeed in the olympics has been uttered by thousands to never be heard from again. Just a stupid move. Stop smoking for 3 months and get yourself setup to coast through the rest of your life financially
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave goduke 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

she just has to be smart enough to not use weed the day before and day off her competition

with so much at stake, she's just an ignorant dumbass

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You can't break rules in the Olympics. Even though smoking pot will not improve your performance it can be used as a masking agent to hide other PEDs and this is why it is banned.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

PROHIBITED IN-COMPETITION
    Prohibited In-Competition
    Subject to a different period having been approved by WADA for a given sport, the In- Competition period shall in principle be the period commencing just before midnight (at 11:59 p.m.) on the day before a Competition in which the Athlete is scheduled to participate until the end of the Competition and the Sample collection process.

English ❮ Back
    S8 Cannabinoids
    If a Substance or Method is not defined in this list, please verify with your Anti-Doping Organization

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

She knew the rules, it’s no different than getting a random test at your job. I have no issues with weed but she should have been smart enough to at least quit smoking till after the games

Mac4Lyfe

Pretty much. The hope is if enough people are on her side, they'll cave and let her race anyway.
    The country is full of dumb asses, so she'll resonate with a lot of people. Who the fukk smokes weed right before the Olympic trials and a few weeks before the Olympics. Then blames their dead mother??? Can't fix stupid.
    A petition is already spreading online. Hey break the rules, it's okay, smoke em if you got em.

Sign the petition: Let Sha'Carri run!
    Dear MoveOn member,
    Sha’Carri Richardson is one of the fastest athletes in the world—and would have a real chance of winning the 100-meter sprint in the Summer Olympics this month for the United States.
    However, due to an outdated and arbitrarily enforced rule around marijuana, she's now going to be kept from competing on the world stage.
    In no world is marijuana a performance-enhancing drug for runners, and in more places in the United States and around the world, marijuana use is legal. The United States Anti-Doping Agency should drop their penalty and allow Richardson to compete!
    Reinstate Sha'Carri Richardson and allow this world-class athlete to compete in the 100-meter dash! And revisit the outdated rules around marijuana and athletes.
    Sign the petition

Mac4Lyfe

Sha’Carri Richardson Credits Girlfriend for Picking out Her Olympic Qualifying-Hair

The 21-year-old athlete is private about her relationship but makes no secret about being gay.

Next we'll hear that her girlfriend forced her to smoke.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    She knew the rules, it’s no different than getting a random test at your job. I have no issues with weed but she should have been smart enough to at least quit smoking till after the games
    She could not stop though. No willpower.

jjgold

Lol

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    she just has to be smart enough to not use weed the day before and day off her competition

with so much at stake, she's just an ignorant dumbass
    Her team needs to start calling around and get some endorsements off this. She could be a spokeswoman for some marijuana brand.

Mac4Lyfe

Her team needs to start calling around and get some endorsements off this. She could be a spokeswoman for some marijuana brand.
    and probably would never race again or at least she'll be tested every other week. She can make a lot more money in endorsements if she's contrite and asks for forgiveness. A lot of companies love a comeback story versus a pothead. Who can you think of that made a ton of money promoting weed??

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Dragging her dead mother into it, on national TV, that's some really fukked up shit.
    I also noticed that they made it a point that it was her "biological mother" so I assume that she was adopted or wasn't real close to her?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I also noticed that they made it a point that it was her "biological mother" so I assume that she was adopted or wasn't real close to her?
    Ok, so she found out that her biological mother died from a reporter.

Apparently she had to real connection to her mother.

jjgold

and probably would never race again or at least she'll be tested every other week. She can make a lot more money in endorsements if she's contrite and asks for forgiveness. A lot of companies love a comeback story versus a pothead. Who can you think of that made a ton of money promoting weed??
    no most track and field athletes are not marketable unless you won numerous gold medals, its a very tiny sport and space

This is not tennis which is an hugely popular sport everywhere

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I noticed that too. Her grandmother was at the trials but no signs of any mother. EVEN SO, that's a fukked up excuse to go get high. My mom just died so I hit the crack pipe. WTF?

Mac4Lyfe

no most track and field athletes are not marketable unless you won numerous gold medals, its a very tiny sport and space
    This is not tennis which is an hugely popular sport everywhere
    I agree, she totally fukked up with this poor timing. BUT, she could probably profit a little bit by being a comeback story. People love to forgive and love a feel good story. Go to rehab, volunteer at the local food bank, and wear your gay pride, etc., and she will find sponsors.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Smoking weed gives you no competitive advantage

Amazing how these places don't care if you pop prescribed opiods, but you can't smoke weed.

I can't believe the NFL doesn't even allow players to smoke weed, considering the beating they take. It's almost like they want these guys to get hooked on pills.

jjgold

I agree, she totally fukked up with this poor timing. BUT, she could probably profit a little bit by being a comeback story. People love to forgive and love a feel good story. Go to rehab, volunteer at the local food bank, and wear your gay pride, etc., and she will find sponsors.
    yes she can make a few bucks, most marketable track and field athlete men or woman is Sydney McLaughlin she is close to prime time endorsements but needs the gold 400 hurdles

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Remember, it's just the THC they are testing for.

CBD is ok and it doesn't sound like they are testing for other cannbinoids. Athletes can still use some marijuana products for rest and recovery.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Didn't like Cheech and Chong win a medal at the Olympics in one of their movies?

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Didn't like Cheech and Chong win a medal at the Olympics in one of their movies?
    I believe they did.

Very good point, Paver.

If that was ok, why isn't this?

First 12345 Last