pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Do you guys want to hop on chat tomorrow and discuss the European Draft ???

Also I’ll be hosting Soccer clinic in Oslo if anyone’s from the part of the world .

I would think it’s best to contact HMAN If you want to attend the clinic I’m going to have a couple players from Norway there. I think we’re looking at early August
    Europe doesn't have a soccer draft.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

I'm looking forward to betting the NBA playoffs, French Open and should I survive the Olympics.
    I had funds set aside for March Madness but various post about off shore hassles put a freeze on.
    I haven't been burned off shore yet and don't plan to.
    The daily action regular season grind just doesn't interest me that much anymore. Been there, done that.
    Also mentioned above is the integrity issue. I'm in agreement with that.
    I'm been content with Sbr contests and betpoint plays since football ended.
    I keep my level low offshore. I have other ways for serious plays should they arise.
    And I was constantly remind myself of this philosophy " Be careful with sports betting it can get you in trouble."

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cincy Kid 🧒 you still driving that 93 Accord??
    go fuk urself its 2009

why would i waste money on new car thats gambling money pops

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tons of great stuff to bet on

Hey young lads if your going to be negative Nancy it will not be on my land

Now go with the program and learn to be a better gambler

Orby barreled in

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153456

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    I have no problem with sports betting... I prefer it over $500 bar tabs and the headache after. There are many vices in this world. Some guys are spending $2k a month on hookers, $2k a month on blow, drinking themselves to oblivion, some are doing it all together, etc... some eat out every single day. Some people can’t stop ordering the 2 for $5 Whoppers. It’s all relative to what your interests are. If you can’t afford it, quit. If you can, continue. There are far worse things.
    yes, very much agreed. my point was that it seems there's a huge momentum of energy away from sports betting and into cryptos. the money/bankrolls people had been routinely depositing for sports they're using instead now for cryptos. they find it not only far more exciting, but gives them a better chance to win because they've realized what a grind sports betting is.

keep in mind, i'm talking about even the recreational bettor has started doing this, thus you can see how it's really trickled down and become popular. many sports bettors essentially see the crypto markets as the perfect replacement for sports betting. like someone else stated in here.. as if it's a more sophisticated, next level strategy and use for their money. whereas sports betting has become the old way, which can still be looked back upon fondly, but something they've essentially graduated from.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    I have no problem with sports betting... I prefer it over $500 bar tabs and the headache after. There are many vices in this world. Some guys are spending $2k a month on hookers, $2k a month on blow, drinking themselves to oblivion, some are doing it all together, etc... some eat out every single day. Some people can’t stop ordering the 2 for $5 Whoppers. It’s all relative to what your interests are. If you can’t afford it, quit. If you can, continue. There are far worse things.
    What if you are a victim to all those vices and don't have a job? What do you do then? Pick and choose your vices according to your limited budget maybe? Stim and unemployment checks monthly only go so far.. ..

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 849

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    yes, very much agreed. my point was that it seems there's a huge momentum of energy away from sports betting and into cryptos. the money/bankrolls people had been routinely depositing for sports they're using instead now for cryptos. they find it not only far more exciting, but gives them a better chance to win because they've realized what a grind sports betting is.

keep in mind, i'm talking about even the recreational bettor has started doing this, thus you can see how it's really trickled down and become popular. many sports bettors essentially see the crypto markets as the perfect replacement for sports betting. like someone else stated in here.. as if it's a more sophisticated, next level strategy and use for their money. whereas sports betting has become the old way, which can still be looked back upon fondly, but something they've essentially graduated from.
    Totally get it. I think the Covid shutdowns and the pollution of all sports with political garbage, all offense/no defense, greed, lazy players, asshole owners, woke, etc... has turned people off too. Professional athletes used to embrace “entertaining people for a few hours so they can forget about the chaos in the world”... but now they mostly remind us of it. People are turned off by millionaire athletes complaining. Crypto is exciting but not really for me. I have a business and the stock market. That pays me plenty.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

Don’t equate ratings to gambling they do not go hand in hand

You guys don’t follow usa states monthly numbers

They are amazing

Stock market trading broke records too with Covid

Now I think down road disaster coming to economy

It’s all fake and on credit right now

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7835

Part of it could be Roy that guys started keeping part of their bankrolls in bitcoin so as to not have it tied up at a book in Macau somewhere and saw that btc balance rising while they’d eventually lose at gambling. So in a way the books opening up crypto deposits might have hurt them in that regard.

Maybe

But overall I think people are still sports gambling quite a bit. Conversations are more about turning $5 into $100,000 on some prop boost or some shit though

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Part of it could be Roy that guys started keeping part of their bankrolls in bitcoin so as to not have it tied up at a book in Macau somewhere and saw that btc balance rising while they’d eventually lose at gambling. So in a way the books opening up crypto deposits might have hurt them in that regard.

Maybe

But overall I think people are still sports gambling quite a bit. Conversations are more about turning $5 into $100,000 on some prop boost or some shit though
    I left my crypto from 2 years ago in coinbase because the books were fleecing me on fees to cash out. Best decision I have ever made.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 05-11-21 at 08:55 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I left my crypto from 2 years ago in coinbase because the books were fleecing me on fees to cash out. Best decision I have ever made.
    If true that's awesome as you cleaned up Pavy.

texhooper

Sharp move even if you didn’t realize it at the time pavy haha

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Sharp move even if you didn’t realize it at the time pavy haha
    It was only $2,000 worth. I think bitcoin was trading at $4,000 back then. I was going to deposit in September to a book for football season and got mad with the fees and left it there until now.

texhooper

Holy shit. Now that is a feel good story that we don’t get much around here

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153456

yes i think that played a huge role in this momentum too and thus the real irony in all of this

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Roy, you are spot on. I get most of my gambling fix just by tracking the daily ups/downs of crypto and other investments. I still gamble but not nearly as much as I used to.

First 123