seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

5 QBS taken in the top 15 2021

Which 2 of them will make the LEAST amount of starts in their career?? I say Mac Jones and Justin Fields will be the least successful of the bunch.

Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3124

Trevor will be biggest bust of all

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

trevor lawrence out of the league in 4 years to start a church

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Which 2 of them will make the LEAST amount of starts in their career?? I say Mac Jones and Justin Fields will be the least successful of the bunch.
    Justin Fields will make starts but it doesn't mean he will be successful. The Bears are really hoping to make up for the Trubisky pick since they passed on Mahomes.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

The NDSU guy is supposed to be legit

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    Justin Fields will make starts but it doesn't mean he will be successful. The Bears are really hoping to make up for the Trubisky pick since they passed on Mahomes.
    Fields won’t make a lot of starts if he is not successful. Teams start over all the time when they pick in the top 5 because of their win loss record. The first chance the Jets had to replace Sam Darnald they did despite him starting the majority of the season.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I think a better measure of success is playoff wins or pro bowls.

In those regards, I will go Lawrence first, lance second, the other 3 are going to be mediocre although I like Jones to the Pats, that will keep him in the league longer

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I think a better measure of success is playoff wins or pro bowls.

In those regards, I will go Lawrence first, lance second, the other 3 are going to be mediocre although I like Jones to the Pats, that will keep him in the league longer
    I would never measure a player going to a dumpster fire situation (0-16,1-15) in playoff wins or pro bowls. 1 football player can be great over a number of years and never make the playoffs until they change teams(Aneas Williams comes to mind), and another can land in a winning organization and make the playoffs every year without making an impact. Starts is important, especially at quarterback because most teams will play the QB that they think gives them the best chance to win every week unless you are former Eagles coach petersen.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    I would never measure a player going to a dumpster fire situation (0-16,1-15) in playoff wins or pro bowls. 1 football player can be great over a number of years and never make the playoffs until they change teams(Aneas Williams comes to mind), and another can land in a winning organization and make the playoffs every year without making an impact. Starts is important, especially at quarterback because most teams will play the QB that they think gives them the best chance to win every week unless you are former Eagles coach petersen.
    No I don’t agree. A lot of bad organizations will rush these QBs and thus they will get more starts then they should. Cornerback is much different than QB, which obviously is the most important position. QBs always get judged on Super Bowls

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    then they shouldn’t have drafted trubisky 2.0 in that system fields reminds me of mitch maybe bears will change schemes but I doubt it

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

let's hope justin fields breaks the ohio state qb curse

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You need a good quarterback to win that’s why

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    No I don’t agree. A lot of bad organizations will rush these QBs and thus they will get more starts then they should. Cornerback is much different than QB, which obviously is the most important position. QBs always get judged on Super Bowls
    None of these 5 guys will possibly win a super bowl with the team thats drafts them. All things being equal the better of these quarterbacks should get the most starts whether they are rushed by the organization or not. This is for a length of time, not just a few seasons.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    let's hope justin fields breaks the ohio state qb curse
    Playing in Chicago and the quarterback position doesn’t help anyone break a curse. Some of the best offensive college football players ive ever seen careers died in Chicago Bears uniforms.