1. #1
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 20,658
    Betpoints: 360

    Should Books Reimburse Bitcoin Fees As They Did With P2P Deposits? 💱

    It used to be the norm for books to reimburse customer fees when depositing via Wunion & Mgram.


    Should they start doing the same with coinbase deposits?
    Or at least a half?

  2. #2
    dmm
    Doing pretty fair for a square.
    dmm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-03-20
    Posts: 886
    Betpoints: 657

    With Bitcoin dropping 10% over 24 hours, there's no way I'd use it to post up right now. Impossible to win with 10% Bitcoin loss and 5% juice.

  3. #3
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 20,658
    Betpoints: 360

    Point being....

    We're already up against it as it is trying to win.

    But to FIRST have to try to win our deposit fees back is frustrating for most I'm sure.

  4. #4
    dmm
    Doing pretty fair for a square.
    dmm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-03-20
    Posts: 886
    Betpoints: 657

    Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Point being....

    We're already up against it as it is trying to win.

    But to FIRST have to try to win our deposit fees back is frustrating for most I'm sure.
    Completely agree. Can't hurt to ask a book about possible fee reimbursement before depositing. Not sure how many will accept.

  5. #5
    Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-27-16
    Posts: 2,803
    Betpoints: 86

    Bookmaker/JustBet already do this. I think another one does too, can't remember if it's Heritage, maybe?

  6. #6
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 20,658
    Betpoints: 360

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Bookmaker/JustBet already do this. I think another one does too, can't remember if it's Heritage, maybe?


    Really??

    I play with both full time and have never ever had reimbursements.

  7. #7
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 20,658
    Betpoints: 360

    The first book to start offering this and advertising it loudly will catapult the competition.

  8. #8
    Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-27-16
    Posts: 2,803
    Betpoints: 86

    Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Really??

    I play with both full time and have never ever had reimbursements.
    Have you asked? Bookmaker gives you a special email address to send to with your proof (within 24 hours) and it's credited with 1x rollover.

  9. #9
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 20,658
    Betpoints: 360

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Have you asked? Bookmaker gives you a special email address to send to with your proof (within 24 hours) and it's credited with 1x rollover.

    No I haven't

    But with all due respect why should a customer have to ask these things??

    It should be posted if a book is serious about & committed to it

    Again, the first book to offer this & make it commonly known, will steal a lot of business across the industry

    Appreciate the info Crusher I will inquire
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: big joe 1212

  10. #10
    big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-01-08
    Posts: 17,902
    Betpoints: 186

    Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    No I haven't

    But with all due respect why should a customer have to ask these things??

    It should be posted if a book is serious about & committed to it

    Again, the first book to offer this & make it commonly known, will steal a lot of business across the industry

    Appreciate the info Crusher I will inquire

    Please let us know what you find out.

    If they reimburse, I will deposit BTC instead of CC.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/16/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  11. #11
    pologq
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 12,387
    Betpoints: 735

    books should do this 100%

    i remember getting my Bestern Punion fees always reimbursed before i got blacklisted. i did not mind sending that way because of that.

    youwager would cover my cc fees also when i used them to a certain percentage

  12. #12
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 4,441
    Betpoints: 1360

    I've been saying this forever on here. Nobody seemed to care, but now it's $60 to move bitcoin people do.

    When you say cover fees are you just talking about the transaction fee on the send, or any fee that it takes to acquire the crypto? I'm fortunate to be on a hell of a run and own a bunch of crypto, but I remember when I had to buy it I would have to pay like 10 percent on the purchase if I wanted it quick, and then pay the send fee.

    I think books 100% should pay what it costs to 'acquire' coin if they dont wan't to be phased out by legal onshore books (up to something reasonable with proof). BUT if you're still using bitcoin you're a retard and no I don't think books should have to pay the 'send fee' if they offer other cryptos where you can send for a few pennies.

    I have noticed the bonuses at some books for 'crypto' deposits are better and have softened the blow. I am cool with that, but some books like heritage haven't, and they're just taking advantage of people.
    Last edited by PharaohUB; 04-23-21 at 09:23 AM.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 05/03/2021


  13. #13
    KS1986
    KS1986's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-20-17
    Posts: 314
    Betpoints: 4064

    I just switched to LTC at the books that accept it, was reviewing my numbers for this year and already spent over 5k in BTC fees on deposits alone. That doesn't include exchange fees for buying and selling. Just the fees for sending from my wallet, wish I woulda made the switch earlier. Pure, laziness

  14. #14
    Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-28-18
    Posts: 3,135
    Betpoints: 48

    Yes, but it is not going to happen unless people just start to refuse bitcoin.

  15. #15
    littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-15
    Posts: 4,631
    Betpoints: 1346

    I said that a while now too. The Recreational Books like Heritage are losing tons of business with this issue PLUS the legal state side books are poping up everywhere. -108 Heritage vs -112 USA with easy in and out PLUS promotions is a no brainer for many guys to just move to state side legal with books like DK.

  16. #16
    Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-28-18
    Posts: 3,135
    Betpoints: 48

    These fees on gamblers may be what ultimately tanks bitcoin.

  17. #17
    capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-25-07
    Posts: 4,623

    Not just btc fees how about cc fees. I used a cc for a deposit at heritage, trying to eliminate the btc fees and got hit with a $22 international cc fee by my bank. Is Costa Rica so far behind technology wise they have to run their cc deposits through China.

    I personally think between btc fees and cc fees offshore is in trouble. At the moment using a btc atm and sending straight to a book seems to be the cheapest and quickest way to deposit, 8% was my fee last time and took 10 minutes to post, but I have no idea how many times I can do that before the atm bans me without using a middle wallet

  18. #18
    Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-28-18
    Posts: 3,135
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    Not just btc fees how about cc fees. I used a cc for a deposit at heritage, trying to eliminate the btc fees and got hit with a $22 international cc fee by my bank. Is Costa Rica so far behind technology wise they have to run their cc deposits through China.

    I personally think between btc fees and cc fees offshore is in trouble. At the moment using a btc atm and sending straight to a book seems to be the cheapest and quickest way to deposit, 8% was my fee last time and took 10 minutes to post, but I have no idea how many times I can do that before the atm bans me without using a middle wallet
    Having a international fee free credit card is Gambling 101.

  19. #19
    pologq
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 12,387
    Betpoints: 735

    Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    I said that a while now too. The Recreational Books like Heritage are losing tons of business with this issue PLUS the legal state side books are poping up everywhere. -108 Heritage vs -112 USA with easy in and out PLUS promotions is a no brainer for many guys to just move to state side legal with books like DK.
    if i can get -112 in NY when it is legal, get the various bonuses and have the ease of in and out of my bank within a day or 2 as i win/lose i am going to be close to done with offshore

  20. #20
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 363,090
    Betpoints: 1413

    Yes

    It is getting out of hand

    Or offer all coins

  21. #21
    Mild Mannered
    Mild Mannered's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-24-19
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 25

    1) Demand that the books add bitcoin lightning network deposits/withdrawals.

    2) Get lightning wallet, either self custody, or quality ones like Phoenix, Breez, Muun, etc

    3) Deposit and w/d for about 10 cent fees (no matter how congested the main bitcoin network is), with instant arrival (i.e no confirmations necessary)

    Stop mucking around with complaints about high fees and long waits!!! Everyone join the bitcoin lightning network already! Sports bettors lead the way!

  22. #22
    icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-18
    Posts: 2,836
    Betpoints: 1991

    I think books will eventually start offering stablecoins to fund and withdraw. USDT, USDC or DAI specifically. No need to sweat price fluctuations between the time you request a payout to when you are able to convert to fiat. Plus there is no need to convert as 1 USDT/USDC/DAI always eqauls $1.

  23. #23
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 7,630
    Betpoints: 351

    Quote Originally Posted by Mild Mannered View Post
    1) Demand that the books add bitcoin lightning network deposits/withdrawals.

    2) Get lightning wallet, either self custody, or quality ones like Phoenix, Breez, Muun, etc

    3) Deposit and w/d for about 10 cent fees (no matter how congested the main bitcoin network is), with instant arrival (i.e no confirmations necessary)

    Stop mucking around with complaints about high fees and long waits!!! Everyone join the bitcoin lightning network already! Sports bettors lead the way!
    So what youíre saying is this is what COULD be, but books donít typically utilize the lightning network?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 05/10/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 05/03/2021


  24. #24
    PuffDaddy
    PuffDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-27-19
    Posts: 103
    Betpoints: 3604

    Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    if i can get -112 in NY when it is legal, get the various bonuses and have the ease of in and out of my bank within a day or 2 as i win/lose i am going to be close to done with offshore
    Agee 1000%

    Its completely out of control now regarding BTC fee's, and cant wait for NY to finally open up

  25. #25
    NYproGambler
    NYproGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-11-18
    Posts: 178
    Betpoints: 1443

    yes for sure.. as much as I love betting offshore, I might have to stop completely. this bitcoin sending fee is getting ridiculous and I accidentally sent one with low fee and transaction is stuck for past 16 days. not good!

  26. #26
    icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-18
    Posts: 2,836
    Betpoints: 1991

    Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    So what you’re saying is this is what COULD be, but books don’t typically utilize the lightning network?
    The problem is there are a mishmash of btc addresses and clients, segwit, legacy etc and because of this the safest way is to use legacy addresses for now. Unless they insist on lightning/segwit this will continue.
    Points Awarded:

    texhooper gave icon 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  27. #27
    Mild Mannered
    Mild Mannered's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-24-19
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 25

    RE: Texhooper

    If books utilized the bitcoin lightning network this thread would have no reason to exist! Who would complain about 10 cent transaction fees and zero waiting time, no matter how congested the main bitcoin network is?

    Man, players bitched and moaned at the books around 7 or 8 years ago to add bitcoin as a deposit w/d method. Now that bitcoin is much more popular, and the network is much more prone to huge fees and long delays, why the hell aren't the players bitching and moaning for the books to add the lightning network? So inexplicable!

  28. #28
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 7,630
    Betpoints: 351

    Yeah I totally get you.

    I just talked to an agent at Betanysports and she didnít even know what the lightning network is. I barely do myself so I just bid her adieu but thatís where weíre at man hahaha they donít even know what the fukkin shit is
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 05/10/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 05/03/2021


  29. #29
    TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-14-12
    Posts: 4,330
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Have you asked? Bookmaker gives you a special email address to send to with your proof (within 24 hours) and it's credited with 1x rollover.

    god dammit. ive prob snoozed on 500+ easy. wish i knew a while ago. shady they never mentioned it

  30. #30
    TheMoneyShot
    The Man The Myth The 3 Part Mini Series
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 24,969
    Betpoints: 61

    I think the books should reimburse your BTC fees. But they will never do it.

  31. #31
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 7,630
    Betpoints: 351

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I think the books should reimburse your BTC fees. But they will never do it.
    Yeah bitcoin is the best thing that ever happened to them. And now itís been so well-established, like 6 or 7 years of common use of btc that getting them to change and take the hit, I donít see that at all
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 05/10/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 05/03/2021


  32. #32
    Ball909
    Ball909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-11-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 92

    Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Yeah bitcoin is the best thing that ever happened to them. And now it’s been so well-established, like 6 or 7 years of common use of btc that getting them to change and take the hit, I don’t see that at all
    I agree but isn't there an easy solution where both parties don't take much hit, such as using lower transaction fee altcoins?

  33. #33
    Ball909
    Ball909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-11-20
    Posts: 27
    Betpoints: 92

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    god dammit. ive prob snoozed on 500+ easy. wish i knew a while ago. shady they never mentioned it
    Reading this made me realize I probably lost hundreds just for not asking

  34. #34
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 20,658
    Betpoints: 360

    When you take into consideration, 1 wager should be 1%-5% of a player's bankroll, and you lose 10% of that bankroll right off the bat because of fees, you/we are already starting off in a hole.

  35. #35
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 363,090
    Betpoints: 1413

    I refuse to post up bitcoin right now unless a book takes alternative coins like Bovada

12 Last
Top