stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

The greatest player of our lifetime hits an elementary school with a HR Monday

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

sad will never win a title

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Does a 500 feet HR with no one on base get more runs than a 330 feet HR with no one on base?

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

he is absolutely incredible, no doubt about it. but i often wonder if Bryce Harper had been picked #25 and Trout #1, if the pressure would have gotten to Trout. going #1 in most team sports comes with so much pressure to perform and it is almost untenable because the bar is raised so high. Lebron James and Magic Johnson two of the only #1's in team sports history to win 4 or more titles, maybe Kareem Jabbar too, but those are all basketball players.

NFL, MLB, NHL, it is very difficult to live up the hype. Sidney Crosby and Eric Lindros? were they both #1 picks? sidney has had an incredible career and Lindros did not win a cup from what i remember but he was still a tremendous hockey player with a better career than 95% of people who played the game.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Does a 500 feet HR with no one on base get more runs than a 330 feet HR with no one on base?
    no but ESPN doesn't like 330 ft homeruns unless the exit velocity is above a certain speed

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    No.

And like I say to these geeks bigger than this geek, what's the big deal with exit velo when a ball hit 344 feet clears a 340 foot fence is hit softer than a ball that travels 444 feet over the same aforementioned fence?

A HR that clears a fence is still a HR no matter how hard it's hit or how far it travels.
    Tell me where I'm wrong?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all time great

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    all time great
    This is one of the hardest hit most crushed ball I have ever seen.
    Look at the KC infielders faces as Trout rounds the bases. They're stunned.

Great call too.

"Gone, and I mean gone"
    "That's Bo Jackson territory"

Watch this twice if you have to.
    What's scary is the swing is effortless.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    he is absolutely incredible, no doubt about it. but i often wonder if Bryce Harper had been picked #25 and Trout #1, if the pressure would have gotten to Trout. going #1 in most team sports comes with so much pressure to perform and it is almost untenable because the bar is raised so high. Lebron James and Magic Johnson two of the only #1's in team sports history to win 4 or more titles, maybe Kareem Jabbar too, but those are all basketball players.

NFL, MLB, NHL, it is very difficult to live up the hype. Sidney Crosby and Eric Lindros? were they both #1 picks? sidney has had an incredible career and Lindros did not win a cup from what i remember but he was still a tremendous hockey player with a better career than 95% of people who played the game.
    Well that's kinds skewed.

NBA only has 5 dudes on the court at a time.

MLB requires all 25 men every 3 game series

NFL all 60 for each half

NHL there's 4 lines

NBA the same guy gets to touch the ball or attempt a score every possession.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

And that is what drives me nuts about these super teams

The league has rules now that allow stars to score at will. Spread these guys around to each city and not allow them to couple up on coasts

It'd be better for the league w some talent in the midwest

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    sad will never win a title
    Angels will make a run this year.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

when you said the greatest of our lifetime i thought you meant Tim Teufel and the Teufel Shuffle

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

crosby ovechkin two the greatest players to ever lace up skates. Connor McDavid will have an amazing career too. Guy is a bullet on the ice.

Lots of great number 1 picks in sports, but at the end of the day, some players are obsessed with legacy, others are just glad to have a stable career where they can retire by 32 years old.

Trout needs to play with better players plain and simple. His time will run out soon if not. He needs to be a better leader in recruiting guys, like Tom Brady or Lebron James do.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Well that's kinds skewed.

NBA only has 5 dudes on the court at a time.

MLB requires all 25 men every 3 game series

NFL all 60 for each half

NHL there's 4 lines

NBA the same guy gets to touch the ball or attempt a score every possession.
    Minner, I agree with you. The NBA players have much more control over the game with only having to share the ball with 4 other doods on court and really only one or two other guys on the court at the same time who can really score also.

This is why so many #1 picks in the NBA have panned out compared to #1 picks in other sports which are more about the overall strength of the team as opposed to the NBA with so few players on the court.

I am a HUGE fan of Trout but also a HUGE fan of Bryce Harper also. After decades of not following the sports since the early 80's Bill Madlock and Bob Boone days, Trout and Harper got me back into beisbol. Supreme talents.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Barry Bonds still better in r lifetime.
    I'm a Yankee fan and have no hate toward Trout he is unreal...but Barry Bonds still most devastating player of r lifetime. Now don't say steriods..ya I know and get that. Tell me Trout never did anything coming up..lol
    All these guys have shit in their system at one time or another. Trout needs get into a playoff and prime time tv before most give him his due.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Thought the baseballs were supposed to be "dead" this year, compared to the lively balls in previous years

There have been a few looooong bombs already around the league

???

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    Thought the baseballs were supposed to be "dead" this year, compared to the lively balls in previous years

There have been a few looooong bombs already around the league

???
    they have to liven them up again for pulling the ASG out of Hot-lanta.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

They can bomb all the hr's they want, the money is in the UNDERS this year.