Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

[nhl] anybody watched the dallas panthers game?

Ref having a laugh ?
    Panthers got a scoring chance and a penalty shot on the same play which is explicitly not how the game works.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10339

Whole new era in sports.

Home plate umpires in baseball have been doing what they want for a hundred years or more.

Only seems fair that ALL sports lose their integrity. .

Billions of dollars being bet and yet, human errors can dictate an outcome. .

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Penalty shot and penalty for same infraction? Yeah that not supposed to happen, interested to see what league says about it.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
    Penalty shot and penalty for same infraction? Yeah that not supposed to happen, interested to see what league says about it.
    ?? I think I interpret that as no penalty SHOT should have been awarded on a play that resulted in a scoring chance (just the 2 minutes)

The NHL does not let the QB chuck it 50 yards deep on a penalty like NFL does

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    ?? I think I interpret that as no penalty SHOT should have been awarded on a play that resulted in a scoring chance (just the 2 minutes)

The NHL does not let the QB chuck it 50 yards deep on a penalty like NFL does
    Ok, yeah watched video and Duclair got shot on net while being interfered with, so it should have been a penalty - not a penalty shot.

I think the rule is of there is shot on net there can't be a penalty shot awarded.

I read the original post wrong thinking referee awarded penalty shot and penalty same time.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

No worries

Hey I was goalie in pee wees and once skated the puck out past the center line and everyone just stopped, looked at me as I kept going w all the gear on and everything...I wanted to score so bad, I skated right up to the other goalie and shot it in and was rolling on the ice celebrating by myself for like 2 minutes before coach came out and pulled me up (the goalie gear is heavy) and explained that the goalie, thou not allowed to he touched or interfered with, cannot cross center ice lol.

I thought I could just skate wherever and not be touched lol

Hockey has a handful of odd rules...

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36681

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post

I think the rule is of there is shot on net there can't be a penalty shot awarded.

I read the original post wrong thinking referee awarded penalty shot and penalty same time.

This isn't the case anymore. Penalty shots are awarded regardless of whether a shot on goal was attempted or recorded, if the infraction warrants a penalty shot.

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em

No worries

Hey I was goalie in pee wees and once skated the puck out past the center line and everyone just stopped, looked at me as I kept going w all the gear on and everything...I wanted to score so bad, I skated right up to the other goalie and shot it in and was rolling on the ice celebrating by myself for like 2 minutes before coach came out and pulled me up (the goalie gear is heavy) and explained that the goalie, thou not allowed to he touched or interfered with, cannot cross center ice lol.

Ahaha yeah...

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    This isn't the case anymore. Penalty shots are awarded regardless of whether a shot on goal was attempted or recorded, if the infraction warrants a penalty shot.
    Oh, when did that change? Haven't been paying as much attention as I should've.

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    I like the old rule better, less discretion for referees.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

No worries

Hilarious. I played juniors until 20 and I never freaking knew that rule. Then again, never saw a goalie get passed the blue line ever.