will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Bobby Portis?Reggie Bullock? Taj Gibson? WTF? TILT Mode NYK

What are the Knicks doing??? I like Julius Randle but they're spending money like a gambling junkie on any action and its like they're betting on mixed doubles tennis!!

This is like giving Joakim Noah a huge contract for doing dick. They got a gift with R.J. Barrett and they do this? These guys are all role players that play the same position

Portis was a Bulls bench player. Gibson was and is a player with minute restrictions. Bullock didn't even average 10 points on a shit Lakers team. This is the dumbest penetrating spending spree in New York sports. These guys are bums!!

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15037

Maybe Lowry and Whiteside in 2020??

Not much talent out their next year free agency

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26713

Portis 24
    Randall 24

Both fit what ny is doing age wise

Bullock 39% 3 point shooter biggest need on this team

Taj Gibson idk why they signed him.

These are all short term deals there is not many good FA next year that's why these guys got 2-3 year deals

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Worst run franchise in all of professional sports.

Juventuz
    Update your status
    Juventuz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

I thought that I’ve seen it all while being a lifelong Knicks’ fan but even I must admit - WHAT THE FLYING FU*K IS GOING ON? NOT ONLY MISSING OUT ON ALL OF THE BIG GUYS - THE BIG GUYS ARE HEADING TO BROOKLYN NETS. N E T S. Fu**ing clown-ass club.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 271

They'll have a competitive team on the floor, leaving themselves open for Giannis in 2021.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: allabout the $$$

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

wait a few years on pins and needles only for the next guy to snub you

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Knicks are a college team

Nobody cares about them anymore

Nets the new team
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Joey Vigs

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The NBA requires you to spend a minimum amount on salary each year, the Knicks are tanking.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24625

You might not like the guy, but Stephen A worth a listen today at 1pm EST. He surely going to howl about the Knicks.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Portis has talent and potential

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16011

I said it back when they traded KP, they traded for cap space that they can use to over-pay mediocre players. This is what they do, they're patient for a spell and then they're impatient. Any other owner would have fired Mills a half dozen horrible decisions ago but Dolan is asleep at the wheel/ focused on being a Jazz super-star

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    I said it back when they traded KP, they traded for cap space that they can use to over-pay mediocre players. This is what they do, they're patient for a spell and then they're impatient. Any other owner would have fired Mills a half dozen horrible decisions ago but Dolan is asleep at the wheel/ focused on being a Jazz super-star
    what horrible decisions has mills made?

everyone they have signed they have not over paid for. all are on 2 year deals. next years free agent class is trash in 2 years is the next wave of free agents and these contracts will be finished by then.

IBetYou

horrible decisions Mills has made...

1. Signing Fizdale
    2. Losing KP/ trading him for DSJ
    3. Signing Mudiay/ giving up on Ntilikina
    4. Signing a bunch of random guys this summer, that don't fit, to two-year deals just for the sake of spending

...and then the regular tweets out to Knicks fans, we realise fans will be disappointed/ we're going to continue to be patient and do things the right way

jjgold

you can get knicks tickets after game started this upcoming season like $5

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

Knicks roster looks like the Lakers last year minus LeBron.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    you can get knicks tickets after game started this upcoming season like $5
    Lol...you don't know Knicks fans very well. They'll convince themselves they're doing the right by developing the young guys after fantasizing about KD and Irving all of last season.

Everybody complains about Dolan...yet they never stop overpaying to go to games.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4888

solid signings

jjgold

Most of the knicks crowd is all corporate and free tickets

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

horrible decisions Mills has made...

1. Signing Fizdale
    2. Losing KP/ trading him for DSJ
    3. Signing Mudiay/ giving up on Ntilikina
    4. Signing a bunch of random guys this summer, that don't fit, to two-year deals just for the sake of spending

...and then the regular tweets out to Knicks fans, we realise fans will be disappointed/ we're going to continue to be patient and do things the right way
    1) Fiz is well regarded in NBA circles. his first gig took memphis to the playoffs. had them winning his 2nd season when he got into feud with gasol and got fired look at the record after he got fired.

2) The guy didnt want to be here and lets be honest was injury prone, and wasnt a good dude. (rape charges and the fight after)

we cleared how much cap space getting rid of him + 2 first round picks besides DSJ

3) Mudiay #'s as a knick werent bad and he was on the cheap. gave up on frank??? he is still on the team and when he isnt injured has shown to be an above average defender. needs to work on his shot but from what i have seen he has been.

4) random guys? randall is 24 averaged 21 and 7 last year and we need PF. Portis is 24 and shot 40% from 3 which was another need. bullock shot 39% from 3 last year. Taj is a PRO and a good locker room guy.

you do realize that you have to spend 90% of your cap so no matter what they had to sign players. are they flashy names no. i would rather see the young kids grow as a team and progress, rather than give a 4 or 5 year contract to aging broken down players.

the knicks cant win if they sign guys its the knicks being the knicks. if they try to go about things the right way with youth and draft picks its a problem.

Dont be a dick rider in 2 years when these kids get good

IBetYou

What does that mean? That I would turn gay because the Knicks players were better than I expected? What a strange comment.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

What does that mean? That I would turn gay because the Knicks players were better than I expected? What a strange comment.
    it means in 2 years when the knicks are doing well dont jump on the bandwagon.

IBetYou

Another great move by the Mavs: Seth Curry.. class act. Knicks get thug Portis & washed-up Gibson, Mavs get Curry, and on it goes...

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    it means in 2 years when the knicks are doing well dont jump on the bandwagon.
    Ahahhahahahahha that's a good joke

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 31736

Another great move by the Mavs: Seth Curry.. class act. Knicks get thug Portis & washed-up Gibson, Mavs get Curry, and on it goes...
    All these power forwards they signed, the only thing that would have been funnier is if Mirotic was available and they got him too

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Ahahhahahahahha that's a good joke
    The Knicks were in or leading 15 games going into the 4th quarter that they lost with youth that will not happen. This year. Knicks are a better team today than they were yesterday Knicks win 30 games this year facts

IBetYou

The Knicks were in or leading 15 games going into the 4th quarter that they lost with youth that will not happen. This year. Knicks are a better team today than they were yesterday Knicks win 30 games this year facts
    Better off winning 20 games and getting a pick, but knowing Mills he's probably try and sell it for a bag of beans.

IBetYou

Makes no sense to sign these mediocre players (not Randle, he's OK) when there's several teams with bad contracts that they will ship out with picks to a team with cap space.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Better off winning 20 games and getting a pick, but knowing Mills he's probably try and sell it for a bag of beans.
    Guess you didn't watch the lottery this year tanking doesn't really benefit anyone anymore.

Knicks have 5 draft picks in the top 35 (probably) next year how many picks do you want them to have? All of the guys they have signed are useful and do what the Knicks were lacking last year

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Who would the Knicks have traded for? Iggy was not coming here after his comments last week.

Let's be honest all of the guys they signed have team options which are very valuable for teams looking for a rent a player at the trade deadline

That's where draft picks would come from

IBetYou

I didn;'t say they should tank, I'm just saying 30 wins is hardly better than 20 wins when your odds in the lottery go down. Just a depressing franchise though. No direction. They think all the top FA want to be there -deluded.

IBetYou

Who would the Knicks have traded for? Iggy was not coming here after his comments last week.

Let's be honest all of the guys they signed have team options which are very valuable for teams looking for a rent a player at the trade deadline

That's where draft picks would come from
    Team options? Are you sure? Contracts for vets are normally player options...

Almost every team in the league has a bad contract they want rid of. If I were a GM I would acquire picks & bad contracts with my cap space, and then fill out the roster with G-league types that are playing this week in SL.

And... who cares what Iguodala wants? He's not playing for the Grizz, he's being bought out (in all likelyhood)

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

I didn;'t say they should tank, I'm just saying 30 wins is hardly better than 20 wins when your odds in the lottery go down. Just a depressing franchise though. No direction. They think all the top FA want to be there -deluded.
    The odds aren't that much different anymore 20 or 30 wins doesn't matter.

No direction they have all of their draft picks , kept the youth, haven't made any bad signings c'mon man those days are over.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Team options? Are you sure? Contracts for vets are normally player options...

Almost every team in the league has a bad contract they want rid of. If I were a GM I would acquire picks & bad contracts with my cap space, and then fill out the roster with G-league types that are playing this week in SL.

And... who cares what Iguodala wants? He's not playing for the Grizz, he's being bought out (in all likelyhood)
    Every contract but randall has a team option after year 1 and randall is a team option after year 2. Very valuable at the trade deadline

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

Did anyone actually think they were going to load up on the top studs in FA! Players in the league were laughing when reporters asked them about KD, etc. going to the Knicks. They have been, and will continue to be, the joke of the Association.

123 Last