topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

One minute you are immortal and cannot lose. The next everything changes. Never bet over your head boys.

I was up Thousands since legalization in VA. Including winning streaks of 7 in a row, 9 in a row and 13 out of 15 in the past two months.

Tonight:

Niagara/Iona over 134.5. Iona has 0 Fgs last 9 min and misses 2 FTs last min. 70-64 Final. Half point loss.

FSU -3.5 and they give up big lead and miss 2 FTs last min. Win by 3. Half point loss

Then lose Wisc and Centrasl FL live bets.

Next- Under 135.5 in New Mexico State/Utah Vally. 55 pts at Half. 85 in Second half. The Fack?

Finally Colorado -2.5. Once again missed Fts and BS in.kast min they win by 2. 3rd and final dagger .5 loss on the night.

Twoo months of grinding wiped out in a matter of hours.

This is 100% accurate and a PSA that money management is key. Frankly I was "right" and +ev on most if not all these bets. Still took massive set back tgat may take months to recover

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Terrible luck. How are these teams continuing to blow these huge leads. Utah St. Is up 10 right now.

topgame85

Parity been around for a few years now. Seems COVID killing teams ability to close though. No stamina. Defense and better teams falter 2nd half. I recognize the trend too late unfortunately

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

None of those beats can be considered unusual except for the first one; that one is ridiculous but the rest are typical college basketball.

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    None of those beats can be considered unusual except for the first one; that one is ridiculous but the rest are typical college basketball.

topgame85

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Agreed. But consecutively it is unusual. I just hit Colorado State +12.5 live and covered by half a point. I will take it. Helps balance the scale a bit I suppose. Hopefully moving back toward winning ways.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

Yeah it’s not the nature of the beats as much as it is getting fukked in a row like that. I had a similar undoing. A pretty decent February then a couple of saturdays ago I started 2-2 in college hoops and then by the end of Sunday I was I think 2-13. Just unbelievable brutality. Only just now starting to recover too, when it pours on like that it is damn awful man

topgame85

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Yeah it’s not the nature of the beats as much as it is getting fukked in a row like that. I had a similar undoing. A pretty decent February then a couple of saturdays ago I started 2-2 in college hoops and then by the end of Sunday I was I think 2-13. Just unbelievable brutality. Only just now starting to recover too, when it pours on like that it is damn awful man
    Yeszir. Hurts the bankroll and efforts to compound. Been here before and knew it was coming sooner or later. Hoped no time soon. Three years ago when I was using a local mostly, I went 9-0 on early tourney games at avg $100 bet, only to go 0-11 that night and next day at avg $200 bet. Luckily some huge Sunday night plays brought me back below the settle #. I suppose I have always been streaky.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Did you go crazy on bet sizings?

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

Everyone who has gambled long enough has had days like this. Sucks, but goes with the territory. Try to keep your chin up - tomorrow is a new day, have faith in yourself in the long-term, don't let get the short-term beats get to you too much!

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    One minute you are immortal and cannot lose. The next everything changes. Never bet over your head boys.

I was up Thousands since legalization in VA. Including winning streaks of 7 in a row, 9 in a row and 13 out of 15 in the past two months.

Tonight:

Niagara/Iona over 134.5. Iona has 0 Fgs last 9 min and misses 2 FTs last min. 70-64 Final. Half point loss.

FSU -3.5 and they give up big lead and miss 2 FTs last min. Win by 3. Half point loss

Then lose Wisc and Centrasl FL live bets.

Next- Under 135.5 in New Mexico State/Utah Vally. 55 pts at Half. 85 in Second half. The Fack?

Finally Colorado -2.5. Once again missed Fts and BS in.kast min they win by 2. 3rd and final dagger .5 loss on the night.

Twoo months of grinding wiped out in a matter of hours.

This is 100% accurate and a PSA that money management is key. Frankly I was "right" and +ev on most if not all these bets. Still took massive set back tgat may take months to recover
    Super frustrating. You’ll get it back.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What’s the surprise here 99% of gamblers lose it’s just a matter of time

Bet recreationally only

Sportsbetting is a slow death

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    What’s the surprise here 99% of gamblers lose it’s just a matter of time

Bet recreationally only

Sportsbetting is a slow death
    who are among the 1%, pops?

jjgold

Scalpers, hedgers and bonus whores

Will never turn a profit without doing those three things I forgot more than everyone combined here knows

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Players know the spreads. The not covering by the hook are not accidental. They know what they are doing all the time. Their job is to fukk up your bets.

jjgold

I have no idea how Gamer is married

I could never understand it

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Keep plugging away Gamer. Have you been playing the Pony game Lately? GL.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

Scalpers, hedgers and bonus whores

Will never turn a profit without doing those three things I forgot more than everyone combined here knows
    Not true.

jjgold

Gamblers always happy the agony of defeat

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Gamblers always happy the agony of defeat
    Numerous examples on this board.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

This is why I like to make as many bets as I can that have any value. No reason to watch the games and the only reason to bet more or less, is if the edge and probabilities are more or less. Lot of small streaks like this, but over time the general trend is upwards.

jjgold

Always bet the same amount every game

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Always bet the same amount every game
    Lets try to find as many reasons we can why this is wrong.

-Betting based on edge and probability of winning not only maximizes growth, but also minimizes drawdowns
    -Limits vary, so if I were to follow this theory, my bet size would be based overnight lines on the smallest markets. I might be limited to $100 or less on some games, so if I were to truly follow this completely illogical idea, I could never bet more than $100 no matter what.
    -When you pretended to be a professional level bettor, your pretend bets were for different amounts each game.

Anyone else with any other reasons?

jjgold

The end result of all gamblers is broke

There is no way around it

The lifetime loss figure just keeps growing but the gambler does not remember it but his last deposit which he thinks is the starting bankroll lifetime

The smart people invest money long term in stocks, bonds, real estate, etc

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Sorry Topper

Sammy been preaching solid MM for years... many here LOL at Sammy for doing so. Most of them busted out and/or got in debt