funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

RIP Luke Harper

Dead

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Just heard my wife on the phone talking to my brother's wife about him. Some kind of wrestler.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Just heard my wife on the phone talking to my brother's wife about him. Some kind of wrestler.
    Ya. Dead at 41.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Looks like a lung issue. That explains why he was off TV for so long.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

never heard of him

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Charlie Harpers other brother?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Charlie Harpers other brother?
    Bryce's cousin

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

From Bray Wyatt:

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

Pro wrestler Brodie Lee aka Jonathan Huber dead at 41

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Rip

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

The wyatt family was a decent gimmick
    Last edited by slayer14; 12-27-20 at 06:44 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Rest in peace

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

RIP

he had a great character

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

RIP Luke Harper...the funny thing with Harper was the Wyatt Family gimmick was so successful that even when Harper was a heel the fans still loved him and cheered for him!......ditto for Eric Rowan and Bray Wyatt...preliminary indications are that he had some kind of lung issue (they didn't specifically mention) and that it was not Covid-19 related.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

His dirty clothes were great. Reminded me of the Brooklyn Brawler.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

The Wyatt Family was one of the last good gimmicks, especially in this modern era.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

I never heard of him either. Had to google..

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/27/us/jo...lee/index.html

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    The Wyatt Family was one of the last good gimmicks, especially in this modern era.
    Yup. Now we got tireless acts like The New Day.

inter1097
    inter1097's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5861

Is real name was Joh Huber. I mainly knew him as Brodie Lee in AEW.

RIP Jon

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

On an episode of What Happened When, Schiavone spoke about the passing of Brodie Lee. He also mentioned that his 8-year-old son, Brodie Huber, was signed to an official AEW contract. He will have the opportunity to join the company when he comes of age. Here is the quote, courtesy of Wrestling News:

“Knowing that Brodie was very sick and knowing it was holiday time, and I guess knowing that for him to kick out, it was going to be, I don’t want to say a miracle, but it was going to be very difficult to kick out. They had brought little Brodie to TV and wrestling is his life. He is 8 years old. He really is a great kid. They made him a member of The Dark Order. They put a mask on him. He came out with a kendo stick. He beat up a lot of people. This of course was at a TV taping with nobody in the audience.

They signed him to a contract, they legitimately signed him to a contract and when he gets of age, he will be with AEW. They have taken care of him and he follows guys around all the time in the back and he becomes a part of us. Amanda is back there. When we do TV tapings now, we will have a live show or a taped show, Dynamite, and then we will have sometimes 13 dark matches. We are there until 2 am sometimes. I was sitting back there with Amanda when Dark was going on and she said, ‘I’m dead tired. I need to get back and get some sleep but he (Brodie Jr) just loves this so much, I’m going to wait.’

So, she waits until it is all over and he gets involved with the guys and sits in the gorilla position. He sometimes comes out with a mask on and does some crazy things. It just shows you how the roster loved Brodie and how we are family… When Brodie was hired, we all said, man that’s a great hire because we knew he could work. Then when we got to know him, we thought, not only is this a great hire talent-wise, but he is a great hire because he is a great person backstage. It was a tough day when we got the news and it still is.”

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    On an episode of What Happened When, Schiavone spoke about the passing of Brodie Lee. He also mentioned that his 8-year-old son, Brodie Huber, was signed to an official AEW contract. He will have the opportunity to join the company when he comes of age. Here is the quote, courtesy of Wrestling News:

“Knowing that Brodie was very sick and knowing it was holiday time, and I guess knowing that for him to kick out, it was going to be, I don’t want to say a miracle, but it was going to be very difficult to kick out. They had brought little Brodie to TV and wrestling is his life. He is 8 years old. He really is a great kid. They made him a member of The Dark Order. They put a mask on him. He came out with a kendo stick. He beat up a lot of people. This of course was at a TV taping with nobody in the audience.

They signed him to a contract, they legitimately signed him to a contract and when he gets of age, he will be with AEW. They have taken care of him and he follows guys around all the time in the back and he becomes a part of us. Amanda is back there. When we do TV tapings now, we will have a live show or a taped show, Dynamite, and then we will have sometimes 13 dark matches. We are there until 2 am sometimes. I was sitting back there with Amanda when Dark was going on and she said, ‘I’m dead tired. I need to get back and get some sleep but he (Brodie Jr) just loves this so much, I’m going to wait.’

So, she waits until it is all over and he gets involved with the guys and sits in the gorilla position. He sometimes comes out with a mask on and does some crazy things. It just shows you how the roster loved Brodie and how we are family… When Brodie was hired, we all said, man that’s a great hire because we knew he could work. Then when we got to know him, we thought, not only is this a great hire talent-wise, but he is a great hire because he is a great person backstage. It was a tough day when we got the news and it still is.”
    AEW seems to have been really great so far in treating the family. read they brought the older son to the jaguars game on sunday since his father just passed and i think they were in tony khan's suite. the wrestlers really seem to be acting like surrogate dads to him. really sad story. brodie lee was an awesome character in AEW.