Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

CBB: Binghamton +6 (-120)

Binghamton highlights:
    - home opener. next game at Marist, a rematch. Oddly enough, that rematch takes place tomorrow at Marist, in the first same-opponent B2B in school history. Hence, Marist may be looking ahead.
    - Soph. George Tinley won America East RoY last season (11.6 ppg, 7.4 rpg as freshman)
    - Return of Thomas Bruce, a Sixth-Year Senior. Bruce has been out for 2 years with an injury. He is a large, athletic Center with impressive stats in all his years, esp. Junior where he had 11.1 ppg, 8.8 rpg, and 61 blocks.
    - Binghamton premiere of F Ogheneyole Akuwovo, a Soph. import from Howard, 6'9". Expected to provide rugged post-play and a dominating board presence.
    - Junior Yarden Willis and So. Ador Athuai (7'0", 6'11"), F/C's with growing experience, so the team will have at least 2 bigs on the floor at any given time, both bench center and starting centers will dominate height advantage.

Binghamton has an obvious height advantage in this game. Marist struggled in scoring last season, averaging only 60.5 ppg (347th of 353). Marist favors Guard play, with its two biggest scorers last season returning, but they don't rebound very well and will have to resort to 3's from their small guards. Cubbage (.208% 3p), Herasme (.399% 3p) are unlikely to make a ton of sinks in the season opener on the road under these conditions.

The game plan for Binghamton is obvious. I don't expect Marist's forwards to hang very well. Their averages last season in both offensive and defensive rebounds are very low, in the 1-3 area. Marist would have to shoot very high from BTA in order to take this game. Perhaps some of the unknowns given Binghamton's roster and the significant returning roster percentage for Marist is why they are favored. Being a premiere, there is also no set precedent for Binghamton, and the team is generally overlooked. Both teams had poor records last season.

Although I would favor Binghamton to win this game as a 5.5 dog, because it's the first game and Marist is returning so many players, I will just take Binghamton and the points. I actually BTH at +6 (-120) because it's a policy of mine when the spread is less than around 7, due to late free-throw runs.

This bet is double-sized to last night's ULL win or the previous night's Lou Tech win.
    Last edited by Snowball; 12-05-20 at 08:38 AM.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Final in OT
    Marist 68 Binghamton 65

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 247

I know this game up in Binghamton ...

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO