stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Funny thing about the Raiders and Derek Carr

Raiders are 4 and 3 in their last 7 games.
    They lost 3 out of 4 and now are currently on a three game winning streak.

When they lost 3 out of 4 Carr was throwing the ball about 36 times a game for about 260 yards a game and comes up a loser.

Now Carr struggles to get 140 yards a game, puts the ball up only 24 or so times a game shoves the ball in Jacobs gut now 20 plus times a game and goes on a three game winning streak.

Maybe Carr isn't that good like we kind of knew all along.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Mariota finally getting healthy. I expect to see him on the field in certain packages. Agree with you that carr is not a star. He’s basically a game manager like Dilfer was, but not as good

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

carr is overrated but can manage a game. not worth that contract for sure.

the running game is the difference maker. most qbs can at least pass to the open guy on play action. defenses stack the box, you got one on ones now in the flat and on the curl routes and slants.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Teams on D willingly give up 5 yards per rush in today's game while dropping 5 sometime 6 dbs....

Of course you're going to control the clock, move the chains, and win the game if you do this.

Football is still football despite what Rodgers and Mahomes do to the stat books

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Teams on D willingly give up 5 yards per rush in today's game while dropping 5 sometime 6 dbs....

Of course you're going to control the clock, move the chains, and win the game if you do this.

Football is still football despite what Rodgers and Mahomes do to the stat books
    good point.

CashIsKingX
    WinningIsEverything!
    CashIsKingX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Carr isnt the savior.. Game manager at best.. For sure see Mariota before the end of the season starting.. Or waiting until next season and picking up a young gun.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Say what you want about him, but there is only 1 QB in the league that has beaten Kansas City at their own game and that was Derek Carr.

He outplayed the great Patrick Mahomes in his own stadium. Carr's stats in that game don't lie.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Mariota finally getting healthy. I expect to see him on the field in certain packages. Agree with you that carr is not a star. He’s basically a game manager like Dilfer was, but not as good
    Not as good? What? Dilfer never even passed for 3,000 yards and had 113 TD's to 129 Interceptions.

Carr's TD's and Interceptions is 159 to 64. And let's not even get into comparing their passer ratings.

Carr and Dilfer aren't even in the same ballpark.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Say what you want about him, but there is only 1 QB in the league that has beaten Kansas City at their own game and that was Derek Carr.

He outplayed the great Patrick Mahomes in his own stadium. Carr's stats in that game don't lie.
    I can't stand Carr. He really does make bonehead decisions at times. I remember when Gruden used to yell and rip into Gannon all the time lol I wish Gruden would lay into Carr. lol

stake1

Not as good? What? Dilfer never even passed for 3,000 yards and had 113 TD's to 129 Interceptions.

Carr's TD's and Interceptions is 159 to 64. And let's not even get into comparing their passer ratings.

Carr and Dilfer aren't even in the same ballpark.
    Dilfer has something carr will never have though, a super bowl ring. Carr makes too many mistakes, especially down by the goal line

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

He is the new Alex Smith. He’s a very good game manager IMO. Don’t see the Raiders doing much, but if you put him on a team that is ready to compete like an Indy or New Orleans, he can probably take them decently far.

stevenash

Look at his last seven game logs.
    Compare his last three to the previous four.

The pass attempts and yardage speaks volumes.

https://www.fantasyalarm.com/nfl/pla...k-carr/302741/

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4499

For someone with his physical attributes as a QB I can’t stand the way he’s such a bitch. Just these last few weeks he’s starting to use his legs again and that’s made a big difference

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153408

Quote Originally Posted by CashIsKingX View Post
    Carr isnt the savior.. Game manager at best.. For sure see Mariota before the end of the season starting.. Or waiting until next season and picking up a young gun.
    i'm not a fan of Carr but i certainly wouldn't be clamoring to have Mariota start over him if i were a Raiders fan

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 992

I’m a fan of Carr the person. His game is up and down. I don’t think they are there yet as a team. I think he’s a solid player. Not horrible, not great. He gives them chances to win and also chances fo lose. It’s all between the ears for that guy. He has the tools.

I’m bias though... I sat next to him on a plane from Oakland to Vegas in February of this year and he couldn’t have been nicer and more gracious. We talked about Nevada, Las Vegas, living here, family, etc... and he was surely excited to be here but also said he didn’t know what the future looked like. I didn’t even talk to him about football because I just knew he was probably burned from the season. Super nice guy and told him we’d be rooting for him.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

You all are finally coming to the conclusion the Carr stinks? He had one really good season like 4-5 years ago and has been pedestrian at best since.
    Points Awarded:

stake1 gave JAKEPEAVY21 11 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most case scenario is you have to run the ball to win

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    You all are finally coming to the conclusion the Carr stinks? He had one really good season like 4-5 years ago and has been pedestrian at best since.
    He’s what he is... not great, not terrible... just another 6’2” white guy with a rocket arm that doesn’t make the best reads. Above, JJ correct. This is a team that really needs to run run run run.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Raiders are 4 and 3 in their last 7 games.
    They lost 3 out of 4 and now are currently on a three game winning streak.

When they lost 3 out of 4 Carr was throwing the ball about 36 times a game for about 260 yards a game and comes up a loser.

Now Carr struggles to get 140 yards a game, puts the ball up only 24 or so times a game shoves the ball in Jacobs gut now 20 plus times a game and goes on a three game winning streak.

Maybe Carr isn't that good like we kind of knew all along.

I’m a raiders fan and I’m not in love with DC nor do I hate him. He’s isn’t great but doesn’t suck either. Your point is somewhat incorrect - in the games when the raiders are loosing or playing from behind they need to abandon the running game so DC will be throwing much more to try to come back and score. Gruden wants to ground and pound and run the ball and be physically dominant on offense. When they are able to do that DC will not be throwing much. Gruden is a self admitted dinosaur in today’s offensive coaches - he likes fullbacks, blocking tight ends, and big O-line to punish people.

stevenash

^
    Why does Gruden love DC so much?

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

DC is a winner, something kirk cousins isnt
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 209 Life

khaden

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Why does Gruden love DC so much?
    He likes veteran QBs, and DC is a good dude who puts in a lot hours and is smart football IQ gruden grinder type, but gruden will move on to another QB if needed and if a shiner sparklier one comes along whether that is Mariota or another one that comes up via free agency. Gruden historically doesn’t like rookies or inexperienced QBs

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

its the teams they are playing dude

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    He likes veteran QBs, and DC is a good dude who puts in a lot hours and is smart football IQ gruden grinder type, but gruden will move on to another QB if needed and if a shiner sparklier one comes along whether that is Mariota or another one that comes up via free agency. Gruden historically doesn’t like rookies or inexperienced QBs
    Khaden is right. DC is a great guy. He’s solid out there. Not great. Not terrible. Just very much you expect what you get from him. I always go back to this... who the hell else are they going to get?

khaden

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Khaden is right. DC is a great guy. He’s solid out there. Not great. Not terrible. Just very much you expect what you get from him. I always go back to this... who the hell else are they going to get?
    Exactly everybody hates in him because people expected much more out him and he might not live up to the high expectations BUT he is solid. Like you said if not him who?!!!? There a handful who are better than him but I’d say there are many more who are worse.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Raiders can win multiple ways. Team isn't on Carr's back no more.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Dilfer has something carr will never have though, a super bowl ring. Carr makes too many mistakes, especially down by the goal line
    Yeah, Dilfer really tore it up in that playoff/Superbowl run with the Ravens. As a QB, Dilfer was nothing more than an afterthought. He didn't even average 10 completions a game throughout his Playoff/Superbowl victory.

It's a different game now. If the Raiders make it to the playoffs and win the big game, Carr will actually have to perform for them to succeed.
    Last edited by Kermit; 11-16-20 at 11:24 PM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Does Derek Carr wear eyeliner? Anyone?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Does Derek Carr wear eyeliner? Anyone?
    My wife is a huge Raider's fan, and I've been asking her this for years. She says "No, he has nice think eyelashes"" but I disagree.

stevenash

My wife is a huge Raider's fan, and I've been asking her this for years. She says "No, he has nice think eyelashes"" but I disagree.
    They've been asking my guy Brandon Flowers that for years too.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

I hate it when people use the term "game manager"...guess what?...news flash!...all QB's are game managers!...Peyton Manning was one of the greatest "game managers" of all-time...why?...he called his own plays and audibles for most of his career...ditto for Tom Brady, Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, etc...all of them game managers...but more to Nash's point, it's no secret that a QB's best friend is a great running game...makes their job a whole lot easier and makes them way more efficient in the passing game.

stake1

Yeah, Dilfer really tore it up in that playoff/Superbowl run with the Ravens. As a QB, Dilfer was nothing more than an afterthought. He didn't even average 10 completions a game throughout his Playoff/Superbowl victory.

It's a different game now. If the Raiders make it to the playoffs and win the big game, Carr will actually have to perform for them to succeed.
    I am so confident that Carr will never win a super bowl, as a starter, that if he does? And we both are still alive, I’ll pay the donation for your Sbr pro renewal when it’s up, or will just donate the money if it’s not up, in your name. Carr makes too many mistakes. Mentally? He’s a soft egg, and that’s why I believe Gruden treats him gently and with Huggies wipes. Qb’s that are soft mentally like Carr, never win Super Bowls. I love the Raiders, and would love to see Gruden win #3 for the Silver and Black. I’ve just given up that it will ever happen with carr as the qb